Technical & General Discussion Area > Members Cars

65 Fastback A code Nut & bolt resto

<< < (2/29) > >>

65FastbackAcodeRestoration:
I restored and painted all of the interior pieces my self but may re paint to colour match perfectly when completing the resto

dyates:
Welcome to the world of playing with Mustangs.The guys and the girls are going to be your best friends,I done a build  25 years ago without the support of the forum,no internet back then.Stick with the profect it will all turn out fine

I just purchased a recent import that has surprised me a lot as well.Don't feel downheartened

unilec5544:

Welcome to the restoration world, the best way to tackle a resto is to make a list of a plan of attack as to how you want to do things, otherwise it can get a bit much and confusing. If you have most of the paint removed it would be better to use a 80 grit flapper disc on a 4" grinder to remove the remaining paint, medium blasting can be expensive and also if the guy does not know what he is doing cause warping in the panels, especially the roof. I have a 65 FB that was originally raven black, but its such a pain to keep clean,so I think will opted for another colour, but if you are set on black, a red interior looks awesome on these cars.
How come the wheels are off in the first pic?

Ron Mexico:
welcome to the resto world my friend.
you will enjoy every moment of it.

looking forward to seeing it come to fruition

Cheers
Ron

65FastbackAcodeRestoration:
Cheers guys! I have a long road ahead, any advice you can throw me will go a long way! the wheels were taken off for transport as there was a larger car stacked above in the container

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version