Technical & General Discussion Area > Mustang Chat Room

2001-2002 Tickford Cobra Mustangs

(1/4) > >>

Ausfox:
Does anyone have any factual figures on how many Cobras were actually completed and sold by Ford Australia ?

And a break down between Coupes and Convertibles?.

Is there a Register for these?.

mwizz:
Bit of info here but not quite what you are looking for

http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/buyers-guide/ford_mustang_2001_2003_buyers_guide

stormin:
On the Ticford site it says in 2002 only 100 cobras were built. All were RHD and came to Australia. All others that came in 2001 were LHD and converted to RHD by Tickford.
Considering that the Ford production year for 2002 starts in September 2001 its possible some of the 2001 's came from the US as RHD
It also notes that there were 3 V8 engines at that time. Seeing as how so many of that model are a dark blue it would be interesting to see how many of each colour were sold here.
I know there are at least 6 that I know of on the Central Coast and Newcastle areas and everyone is the dark blue
Stormin

walbjj:
my brother bought a demo from city ford back in 2001 for $88k. it had 1000km on it from memory. he kept it for 10 years. it was a black convertible. he put the saleen rims on it with a borla exhaust.
he sold it with 150k km and got $29k for it. sold it in 1 week.
he now has a 2011 shelby gt500 convertible. the difference in quality between the cars is night and day.
i honestly believe the 2001 cobras was one of the worst cars ive ever driven. it sounded nice, but drove like a dog

GT350H:

--- Quote from: Ausfox on July 11, 2013, 10:27:58 am ---Does anyone have any factual figures on how many Cobras were actually completed and sold by Ford Australia ?

And a break down between Coupes and Convertibles?.

Is there a Register for these?.

--- End quote ---

Contact Jeffy, he is the guru on the 2001/2002 Cobra.
When I purchased my 2002 Cobra ( in 2011 ), I was lead to believe that there were 100 made. 70 Coupes and 30 Convertibles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version