Anyone else bought Seatbelts from Hemco?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Anyone else bought Seatbelts from Hemco?  (Read 8913 times)

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
Re: Anyone else bought Seatbelts from Hemco?
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 07:49:29 am »
2 for the back George.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 08:12:36 am »
Quick question as im not with car, is a 69 fastback registered as a 5 seater or 4 seater? How many lap belts do i get for back is why i ask, 2 or 3.

Not sure about the 69 but I was told my 65 could be either 5 or 4 seater, seeing it was released as a 2+2 I chose it to be a 4 seater.

I'm sure you can shoe-horn 3 in the back but it won't be comfortable.

s
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:14:44 am by StephenSLR »

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:53 am »
In Qld in can put a lap belt in the middle and have them plated as a 5 seater, it's also the best palce for kid seat.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 10:44:47 am »
Are these belts black enough?

Got any blacker?

s

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 11:33:36 am »
Got any blacker?

s

I'll let you ask them that, Grasshopper.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »
Quick question as im not with car, is a 69 fastback registered as a 5 seater or 4 seater? How many lap belts do i get for back is why i ask, 2 or 3.

Mine's registered as a four seater in Canberra. It has two original lap belts in the back and Hemco retractables with 200mm droppers in the front.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline George

• Worked
  • ._.
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 09:07:38 am »
So the mustang really is a 4 seater, sounds good. Last question, if i put the new retractable belt in original bolt holes up front with No dropper, will that feel/come across body, neck etc the same as it would now with the shoulder belt? Im going to see car today n thought to see how original belt feels from ceiling position, if good no need dropper if bad can work out what size to get. Will it work like that or does retractable work out different even though bolted in roof like original belt
Revelation 14:6-12

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 09:26:23 am »
So the mustang really is a 4 seater, sounds good. Last question, if i put the new retractable belt in original bolt holes up front with No dropper, will that feel/come across body, neck etc the same as it would now with the shoulder belt? Im going to see car today n thought to see how original belt feels from ceiling position, if good no need dropper if bad can work out what size to get. Will it work like that or does retractable work out different even though bolted in roof like original belt

You need the drop link.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 09:35:50 am »
George, if you're anywhere near the south of Sydney, it may be worth chatting about this to Geoff from All Vehicle restraints - mob: 0417 473 492

A 150 mm drop link was better suited to my height and where it was anchored in the 65.

He can order the belts and even install it all for you, as per RTA regulation.

s

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 12:51:30 pm »
Hi George,

I need seat belts for my car.

After phoning the manufacturer, APV Safety I found out I need k2255 front and k2257 rear. you could check your requirements from them on 0393555533.

It  looks like I'll save $130 at Surplus Automotive so you could try them if price is a motivator. http://stores.ebay.com.au/Surplus-Automotive-Deals/Seatbelts-/_i.html?_fsub=3280607017&_sid=978281857&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Cheers

Paul

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 02:58:44 pm »
You'll probably only save a few bucks by not including a dropper George, really not worth the discomfort..... and the possible safety risks associated with an improperly fitting seatbelt. The original shoulder belt was added as an afterthought....... 44 years ago. Can't believe you're even contemplating going without a dropper. I'm an inch taller than you George and wish I'd gone for more than 150mm drop as it sits just a fraction too high on me.
You have a '69, your car will look tough no matter what the belts look like.
:burnout:

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 03:04:46 pm »
I'm an inch taller than you George and wish I'd gone for more than 150mm drop as it sits just a fraction too high on me.

It's not always that simple, you'll have to check the new angle the belt makes where it feeds from, a 50mm difference changed it dramatically for mine.

s

Offline George

• Worked
  • ._.
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2013, 08:02:07 pm »
Well, im buying black belts. Pewter looks too shiny for the black interior. If i want contrast, gotta be on the writing embroidery etc, black interior n belts FOR SURE. SEE, i told u all that black belts are for the car, but noooooooooo gotta ask milion questions why first :leaving:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:05:29 pm by George »
Revelation 14:6-12

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »
Well, im buying black belts. Pewter looks too shiny for the black interior. If i want contrast, gotta be on the writing embroidery etc, black interior n belts FOR SURE. SEE, i told u all that black belts are for the car, but noooooooooo gotta ask milion questions why first :leaving:

you could leave em out in the weather for 12 months  that'd take the shine off em......
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission