Let's talk about the weekend.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Let's talk about the weekend.  (Read 35450 times)

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
Re: Let's talk about our weekends.
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 01:12:15 pm »
Along with about 300 other car nuts went to Williamstown Vic, on the Anne st Pier with Letsgocruisin'........ including quite a few buddies from Moca Vic. :drool:
A sensational day once again. Some truly awesome jalopies there too.

My wife and I are looking forward to getting along to some weekends with the club. Colour should be going on my car today, not long now.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 03:55:13 pm »
Early weekend for us as the kids are having a sleep over at Grandma and Grandad's place. A cruise in the Mustang with a bottle of wine and some food. Didn't make it far, about 5 minutes from home. Have to admit, we have a pretty nice backyard to enjoy. Lots of fish and turtles out cruising around.

and my beautiful wife

plus me watering the plants  :grin:

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »
Sensational spot for a picnic  n wine. Without giving too much away, where is that pic taken ?  :smilies:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 04:31:10 pm »
I live in this area. We get a lot of tourism, mainly Sydney folk, it's nice living in a holiday spot.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=barrington+tops&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZsUAUZfYC6zomAWy4YCoCw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1280&bih=841

And if we're lucky during the winter and head off up the mountains at the right time, we get to do this. It's a weird place in a way where we seem to get the extreme of all weather situations, hot as hell in summer and freezing in winter.

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 08:41:30 pm »
Can't beat the Barrington Tops, Ash. They are the icing on thr Hunter Valley cake.
cheers, Ron B

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »
I remember my older coming home from Barrington Tops with a bottle filled with "the best water on Earth" It came from Barrington Tops. When I was a teenager my other brother and I used to explore the Hunter in our 13' Tinny, when we needed water we could just dip in the river. I miss The Hunter region where I spent most of my childhood.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 11:58:37 pm »
I remember my older coming home from Barrington Tops with a bottle filled with "the best water on Earth" It came from Barrington Tops. When I was a teenager my other brother and I used to explore the Hunter in our 13' Tinny, when we needed water we could just dip in the river. I miss The Hunter region where I spent most of my childhood.
I grew up riding dirt bikes up in the Barringtons. We didn't need to take water with us, we would literally drink from the water flow off the side of the road. I can guarantee you it was fresher then any water you would ever buy or drink in your life time and was only a cm or two deep.

Now to really to confuse you guys, can anyone tell me what this is? I found it in our last snow trip. No museum I've contacted so far knows what is is. And my brother who a lot of you may have seen on TV or maybe seen his kangaroo in the movies, his colleagues don't know what it is. Any guesses because I have no idea

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 12:00:34 am »
Can't beat the Barrington Tops, Ash. They are the icing on thr Hunter Valley cake.
cheers, Ron B

Not wrong, Ron. It just tops the whole Newcastle area off. Best thing we did was move up here. I love it!  :thumb:

Offline Gone65

• Worked
  • V8s the music of life
  • Car: 65 FB,Gt 500 Shelby
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 08:53:27 am »
Now to really to confuse you guys, can anyone tell me what this is? I found it in our last snow trip. No museum I've contacted so far knows what is is. And my brother who a lot of you may have seen on TV or maybe seen his kangaroo in the movies, his colleagues don't know what it is. Any guesses because I have no idea

Ash , I think you may have stubbled onto a fresh set of Kangawalla Fox tracks.
Ive seen plenty in my time , that set is most likely from joey as they are very small.

Ian

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15:52 am »
Nah , it's a paw print from the near extinct Trianti-Wanti/Gongollope. Not too many of em left now. Native to eastern Australia highlands and river glens. Related to the giant wombat. :thumb:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:46 am »
Might be the track of the elusive Blue Mountains Panther - just strayed a bit further north.  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:19:42 pm by 68Coupe »

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 06:04:51 pm »
Have just returned to reality a bit. I was a tee widdly bit tipsy last night... I don't even remember writing this!  :thud: Worlds worst hangover. :ouch: :ouch: :sick:

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:19 pm »
Not wrong, Ron. It just tops the whole Newcastle area off. Best thing we did was move up here. I love it!  :thumb:
Yep, finest place on this planet, Ash. I gained everything and lost nothing moving up here from Sydney.

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 01:58:55 am »
Looks like a beautiful spot Ash.
Looks like u also got some brownie points in with the missus as well !
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline booah

• Worked
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 02:46:10 am »
Last weekend went to the Barrett Jackson auction on Sunday morning, Phoenix coyotes hockey game, season opener Sunday night with parents and my kids. Saw the ringer others mustangs in the flesh and the original batmobile. For me, one of the best weekends ever. Pics to come.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 08:32:22 am »
Looks like a beautiful spot Ash.
Looks like u also got some brownie points in with the missus as well !

Thanks, Chop. And yep, a few points were earned :lol: We're going into a hell of a year and this was pretty much the last chance to do anything together for a while without something over our heads. It's my wife's final year at uni and she has to do 700 unpaid hours of placement work. And that is on top of her full time uni work load and two other jobs. Bring on November when it is all over.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 12:21:38 pm »
Im in Rockhampton. This picture gives an insite as to what a lot of the town was like. Apart from no water or power for a while I never got hit too badly in the floods this weekend. I t is Saturday and the worst of it seems gone, wish us luck for the rest of the weekend.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 12:29:34 pm »
Hope you're keeping dry, Paul!

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 01:13:20 pm »
Right now I'm in my office, power is back on and I'm trying to get to where I would have been if it didn't flood yesterday. All is good, I believe the worst is behind us here, I pity the areas it's headed for.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 11:13:28 am »
Tuesday morning, back to the grind. Yesterday was so sunny the only problem I have now is sunburn. Rode the Harley to the Coastguard and took part in the blessing of the fleet for Australia day. After the ceremony and morning tea, I went out on the boat and passed some more training tests set out in the Coast guard manual before a lovely ride home, waited til dusk and enjoyed washing my Harley. If some of you have the time I recommend getting involved with your local Coast guard, you make good friends and learn a lot about the water.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 11:45:28 am »
Made a late decision on Friday arvo to load up some gear in the back of my truck and go camping for the night with a mate. Took some fishing rods, but didn't get near the water. Cooked some dinner, but got a bit silly and forgot about it. It was 1:20am when we realised it was still cooking and it got a little burnt. Still ate it though. Woke up in the morning feeling alright, then I spewed over the side of the truck. Wasn't feeling as good as I thought.  :smilies:  :sick: I'm either getting old or well out of practice, a night on the drink shouldn't take almost two days to get over.

Was good fun though. Haven't been camping in ages and I don't know why not. It was cheap to do and easy to just drop everything and take off. Sure beats a night at the pub.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 04:28:26 pm »
Sounds like a real good weekend Ash. I've been off the turps for near 3 weeks now and I feel great for my effort. I never got to do too much for fun over the weekend but I got a lot of crappy little things out of the way. Got most of the landscaping done on my rental property yesterday, got my lawn mowed after the flood ( up past my knees), played heaps of keyboard, but after working on Saturday til lunchtime, the most exciting thing I got done was to remove my C4 transmission from my Mustang so I could drop it off to the mechanic so he could replace the dried out seals and check the bands etc. Not a pleasant job but it is a real sense of achievement for me. Soon the Mustang will be finished and the landscaping will get done and I will be able to wet a line and ride my Harley again.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »
Well my weekend was a lot of fun, the c4 is back in and I finally got the garage cleaned out to house the beast, now that is is nearly finished. The c4 took a few hours but the garage took from 10 AM til 8.30 PM on Sunday. If anyone is looking for my house it is the one with the tidy garage.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:29 pm »
Why, it keeps raining here in QLD so no mustang cruising here .

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 10:33:50 am »
Spent the weekend in Melbourne, it was sunny and stinking hot .... and I packed a jacket expecting rain. Getting cold and wet sometime during the day were the norm from previous experiences.

Came back to Sydney and heard all about some massive storm that ripped through the place.  Glad to have dodged it.

s