CAR POLISH

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: CAR POLISH  (Read 385002 times)

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
Re: CAR POLISH
« Reply #675 on: April 05, 2014, 09:41:08 am »
Thanks mate. All your advice has really paid off. I can't go anywhere without somebody mentioning the paintwork! I guess I'm the only one that notices the small flaws. Once the painter finishes the touch-ups, I'd like to get it close to perfect & add some protection. I'll have a read of the links when I get some spare time.

Evan.

Offline Jetta

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #676 on: August 06, 2014, 09:44:43 pm »
Hi guys,

I know this topic hasn't been accessed for a while but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed, especially Rocket. I am just about to start learning to use a DA so this has been a wonderful place to start.

I noticed this deal a few days ago and thought someone might be interested if they are looking for a good deal on some new Chem Guys pads. Postage for me was about $20 for each pack.

6.5" Pads:
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-BUF_HEXKITS_8-Hex-Logic-Buffing/dp/B00BTGDRB8

5.5" Pads:
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-BUF_HEXKITS_8P-Hex-Logic-Buffing/dp/B00BTGDR9A/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407325630&sr=1-2&keywords=hex-logic

Thanks again.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #677 on: August 06, 2014, 09:51:26 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, Jetta. That was a great find.  I just purchased a set myself. Thank you  :thumb:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline Jetta

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #678 on: August 07, 2014, 08:08:30 am »
Lol Ash...... fastest purchase ever!

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #679 on: August 07, 2014, 08:13:05 am »
 :grin:
I've been meaning to replace two of the pads in my set as I ruined them polishing aluminium. You gave me a good excuse to buy even more of them  :lol:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #680 on: October 22, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »
Seems you can't get Menzerna any more, so thought I'd try some Scholl concepts on fresh black 2 pack. Deep black tinter with 4 coats of High solid Sikkens Clear. rubbed with 1500 cut with S3 and orange lake country pad. 92 Trans-am vert. Colour change from red to black. This is great compound, black car not a swirl to be seen. I got S17 & 30, but the 3 did a great job, extremely fast cutting action, need keep it wet

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:48:30 pm by shaunp »

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
« Reply #681 on: February 21, 2015, 01:53:49 pm »
have been away for a while and no polishing what to speak of being done for a long while now so came back to refresh only to find the passing of Rocket late last year.
Without Rocket this thread would never have started and I for one would not be able to polish and receive the compliments I do on my cars.  Thanks Rocket and the times we spoke on the phone you were a true gentleman and all to kind to pass on your advice and knowledge to almost complete strangers.

RIP Rocket and condolences to Jeremy and Family

Keep sharing tip's, products and projects I say and keep this thread going

Offline OTF Images

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Dan
« Reply #682 on: February 24, 2015, 11:41:20 pm »
Hey guys,
I have been detailing for a while on a part time basis.
Happy to help out with any questions or any locals ACT/NSW to.
Keen to read other ideas to.

I also do some metal polishing to

Offline Geronimo

• Worked
« Reply #683 on: October 16, 2015, 06:53:16 pm »
Hi, I also have a jet black 15 year old Goldwing in the stable,
still looks like it just rolled out of the showroom
Plexus ( spray can ) keeps it immaculate, light spray on light cloth off,
It is specifically made to fill minute scratches in aircraft acrylic windscreens.
Works a treat, you need to have a mirror finish to start with because it has no cutting ability.
Cheers,
Once upon a time I also had a Daimler XJ6 Coupe, Mr Sheen did a great job on that one.
I kid you not.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:56:12 pm by Geronimo »
I did not think growing old would be so quick
Keep smiling, it keeps everyone guessing.

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #684 on: January 08, 2016, 10:40:31 pm »
I've been using HD polishes and the Kamikaze range from Detail Central lately with great results, particularly ISM and Overcoat on clear coated cars. Some great reviews on a huge range of products on the detailparadise.com.au forum that are worth checking out.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #685 on: January 09, 2016, 11:10:19 am »
Just read up above that you can't get Menzerna polishes anymore. I checked on Google and appears it is now available again as I found some at the Car Care Products site.

Offline louist1991

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Louis
« Reply #686 on: April 06, 2016, 09:20:23 am »
Can anyone recommend a good product for leather cleaning?

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
« Reply #687 on: April 06, 2016, 09:28:55 am »

What type of leather is it... new coated leather, old real leather etc???

For new coated leather I use Zaino products from Waxit or ZAS.

Old or european nappa leather I use the Leatherique system from Car Care products.

Offline uber2au

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Ken
« Reply #688 on: August 13, 2016, 04:29:18 pm »
Just picked up my car from Daniel in Ferntree Gully, he did a beautiful job with a paint correction, followed by opticoat paint protection.  Highly recommend him and Kustom Tinting who also tinted my Mustang.

Offline minipete

• Stallion
  • Occasional visitor
« Reply #689 on: March 04, 2017, 10:56:12 am »

I found a tip on a detailing forum about using Softly Wool Conditioner 1:6 with water, apparently recommended by Lexus. 

I've tried it and it works a treat.

Pete
65 Coupe

Offline Pagey

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #690 on: June 22, 2017, 10:54:49 pm »
Has anyone used the new Fast Finsh product from Meguiars yet?

Offline Moyzee

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Chris moyer
« Reply #691 on: September 25, 2017, 09:57:33 pm »
I've been using good ol turtle wax and amour all on my cars for years..... could never really justify the expensive stuff. But when a professional does it with the machine the cars come our amazing

Offline ChrisR

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Chris
  • Car: Mustang GT 2017
« Reply #692 on: June 16, 2018, 09:11:51 pm »
Hi all, apologies if this has been answered before - I just picked up my new GT (woohoo) and I graciously declined the overpriced paint and leather protection from the dealership. But..... I would like to get some protection (do i need it and where from?) Based in the Brisbane area.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #693 on: June 16, 2018, 09:42:19 pm »
I know someone that can do it for you ,I just have to find the phone number and I will let you know . Very good with S550 mustangs also .

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #694 on: June 16, 2018, 09:51:46 pm »
PM sent

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
« Reply #695 on: January 27, 2020, 04:12:02 pm »
Bringing up an old thread, I am hoping my 65 will get painted this year after a long 3 year build from bare metal. So thought I would do some reading on how to look after it as I have never really got into the polishing side of things. Thought could practice on our grand cherokee and amarok in the mean time.

Just took the time to read every page in this thread over the last couple of days and wow, what a thread and Rocket what a guy. Such an informative thread, but now I have to go and read the detail paradise forum. Brain overload.

Does anyone know if the chemguys or waxit discounts still work? I am putting my list together of products to buy and was going to email them with the list and ask but thought I would check here first.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:15:36 pm by Dingo80 »

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 65 Convertible Honey Gold
« Reply #696 on: January 28, 2020, 08:07:54 am »
Waxit regularly have discounts. Just follow them on FB or sign up to their newsletter. The current one is on Carpro products which in my experience are all pretty good.

I'm in the ceramic coating camp. I had a single stage paint correction and Nova pro ceramic done to a 1 year old Lexus. Wow, the difference in paint depth, clarity and gloss was off the charts. And maintaining much simpler with the paint almost self cleaning when it rains.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 11:37:02 am by mcarnage59 »
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
« Reply #697 on: January 28, 2020, 03:44:26 pm »
Thanks Mark. I have signed up to waxit newsletter and have been looking on CCP and chemguys also.

There is a chem guys wa so I am going to pop in and have a chat to them first before I compile my list. It's kind of hard to trial products regularly when being a DIYer on home cars only. It take a year or 2 two to go through the first products you buy being if polish annually/biannually. This thread has been a great introduction.

Although looking on detail paradise forum, seems to be heaps of spam posts on there for counterfeit passport/cheques etc and all other crap with not as much tech as such which is a shame. Might have to look at the autogeek forum. 

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
« Reply #698 on: January 28, 2020, 04:09:32 pm »
That's a shame about all of the spam posts, they used to delete them all quickly a couple of years ago when I was active.

Paint care all starts will proper washing and drying technique to minimise the fine scratching.  2 bucket wash and a soft drying towel is all you'll need for your fresh paint job for about 3 months while the paint finishes curing.  Then you can start trying some different waxes and sealants.

I've put cquartz coatings on about a half dozen cars as it's really low maintenance once it's done.

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #699 on: January 28, 2020, 08:54:22 pm »
Waxit are making our lives easier these days. I do a machine polish every two years, followed by a coat of CQuartz. I then follow up with Waxit's NV Lustre every few months. I've never seen ANYTHING go on so easily & achieve such a high level of gloss & slickness. Virtually a spray & wipe!

Evan.