Technical & General Discussion Area > Mustang Chat Room

CAR POLISH

<< < (2/142) > >>

66 Hertz:

--- Quote from: Mudzy on October 17, 2012, 04:42:40 am ---Is it worth starting a car detailing section???????????

--- End quote ---

Not a bad idea. It is always great to swap tips etc.

evan:
Great info Rocket!

Out of curiosity, do you have any experience with Autoglym HD Wax? A detailer mate that deals in high end cars recommended it to me. I'm really impressed with the finish it gave me. Pretty pricey in Australia ($130 for a small tub) but managed to buy from the UK for $75 all up.
I'd be interested in how it compares to the products you've mentioned.

Evan.

jbrucem1:
awesome rocket. I remember reading your review on the detailing forum. a huge effort

rocket:

--- Quote from: evan on October 17, 2012, 07:23:39 am ---Great info Rocket!

Out of curiosity, do you have any experience with Autoglym HD Wax? A detailer mate that deals in high end cars recommended it to me. I'm really impressed with the finish it gave me. Pretty pricey in Australia ($130 for a small tub) but managed to buy from the UK for $75 all up.
I'd be interested in how it compares to the products you've mentioned.

Evan.

--- End quote ---

Hi guys, I am pleasantly surprised by the responses in this thread. Maybe there is a lot of interest in this subject afterall.

Evan, Yes - The Autoglym HD Wax was certainly in my top ten. From memory it was very easy to apply, wiped off with very minimal resistance and did not leave any residue behind. My one criticism was that it did require a second buffing with the microfibre cloth because it left the surface a little hazy after the first attempt. Very minor though. It really did leave an excellent shine - particularly on red paint. Here is a review of the HD Wax -

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/106308-results-after-autoglym-hd-wax.html

There were other impressive Waxes like Pinnacle, P21S, Collinite etc. Here is a Link to a few more Waxes from the Autogeek site. Scroll down to the bottom to see them -
http://www.autogeek.net/qude101.html

In the first post i neglected to mention Automotive Clay, which is used before polishing to clean oxidised paint. This is a very important step in the process. First you wash the car, then you simply break a piece off the clay bar, knead it in your hands and then squeeze it to form a sort of disc about the size of a 50cent piece.
Then you spray a bit of lubricant on the paint before rubbing the clay across the surface. The clay will lift out the impurities from the paint and leave a very smooth surface ready for polishing. To determine whether your paint needs claying, wipe your flat hand across the paintwork. If the paint feels coarse/rough - It needs a good claying. Here is a Link to a good quality clay bar -
http://www.chemguys.com.au/Gray_Light_Duty_209_Gram_Auto_Detail_Clay_Bar_p/cly_kit_2.htm

I am going to give the Grande a polish next week in preparation for the summer. Will take lots of photos and show the process on this thread if it is ok with Glenn.

By the way, for those who saw Dales 66 Hertz at the Roundup last year. His car received a 2 step Menzerna polish before we gave the car back to him. There were many comments on how good his car looks. Also, there was a Car Detailer Mustang owner at the Roundup who also won several awards. It is worth the effort to polish your car.

Rocket.

GLENN 70:
Thanks rocket and yes go for it .My 70 mach 1 has a near perfect paint job and want to keep it that way .Next time i go to the usa i will have to bring back some good polish .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version