Technical & General Discussion Area > Technical - General

Rust proofing advice needed

<< < (2/7) > >>

BossKraft:
No worries, mate. It's available around the place. Not everyone stocks it, as it's not cheap, but with what I use of their products, it's a case of 'you get what you pay for' and I love that particular product.

Andrecare:
Hi Guys,

Have you tried this product before http://www.walmart.com/ip/RUSFRE-1000-6C-Rust-Proofing-Clear-1-Gallon/29531245
It's really effective for rust proofing. Vitacare known as a Rust Proofing company in Perth used this product also.

67FBGT:
Well I can also vouch for the Wurth range of rust proofing products, as all of my cars I have kept for many years without an issue. And I particularly like their underseal coating product.

Fish oil seems to work well, in that it seems to creep or be drawn into crevices which is what one wants, it's very thin so takes a while to set up & so you'll be cleaning up drips for a while but that's easy just lay some old cardboard on the floor. Yes it is smelly for a while, but the smell eventually goes away. And it's cost effective.

smackdownz:
por15

absolutely can not beat it

griff:
I agree with Sean that Wurths Cavity Protection wax is brilliant. comes with a thin tube for hard to access areas, I think products have come a long way since the days of fish oil which is just plain rank (don't plan on entertaining ladies in your car for 6 months or so, ha!)
Wurths rep's get around panel shops on a regular basis if you need to track some down or take up Sean's offer.

and POR15 black as a one stop coating has no equal. paint it on bare metal with a brush and it's self leveling, looks like it's been sprayed on. I've done all 4 wheel wells and main rails with it. hammer tough and looks top shelf. I'm not a fan of the underbody sealer stuff and POR15 gets the chocolates in my opinion.

both these products aren't cheap but who cares about cost for good quality

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version