K OTIC...Matt's golden goose...the Shelby GTK-950R

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: K OTIC...Matt's golden goose...the Shelby GTK-950R  (Read 38962 times)

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
Re: K OTIC...Matt's golden goose...the Shelby GTK-950R
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2013, 01:12:31 pm »
sounds great Matt............cheers. :thumb: .............. :burnout:
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2013, 05:02:27 pm »
Matt, it looks good in the video...  although a skid like that would have you impounded here.   

I'm sure someone is already in love with her and will pay close to the asking price.  Good luck.

Offline 69_stang

• Worked
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2013, 09:59:49 am »

'The price tag will knock you on your arse' but open to offers.

Have a great weekend guys

Matt

Matt,
Hit us with a $$$$$ tag
Got a big arse so can take a soft landing   :elefant:

Be nice to know what something like this is worth to someone

Offline GT350H

• Worked
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2013, 08:14:01 am »
The "huffas" sound noice !! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
AKA Emberglo-66

Offline anfo99

• Worked
  • MOCA Nova Member
  • Name: Anthony
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2013, 02:27:04 pm »
I'm with Barney om this one sweet as bro....
Anfo - Starting to enjoy driving her!
"Do what you want to do, be what you wanna be..."
Masters Apprentices
6R07C

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39:36 am »
Well its been a while since Ive had the time to update the build or anything really so I figured I would take the time to fill everyone in.

Since the photoshoot in November, we havent really had the time to finish the car (the little things) but we did manage to take a day off and get it to the Suncoast national All ford and mustang day 10 minutes from the office

Great day and alot of really nice cars. Even better, K-OTICS first show, and it takes its first trophy.

Next event was the Oldsmar days car show thats held at the end of our street on Tampa Bay. The car drew crowds all day and the one guy in the last photo was just plain in love with it....stayed there for 1hr 40 minutes drawling over it. Offered me his 2nd born...REALLY.....he did. Ended up telling his wife to take the kids to go get them some lunch while he stayed here and looked at the car.

K-OTIC's 2nd show and 2nd trophy.

Took "best of show".

Glad we hung around as the photo below looks like I through on 100Kg but the wind ner the end of the day was insane......both Sheri and myself kept looking at each other and then looking at the tree above the car and the big ar5e branches bending in the wind.

fatkid looking FAT

Brought the car home and Sheri's boys had filled the driveway with cars so I had to throw a car cover over it for the night untill we could drop it back to the shop

Next morning we had Tom the local sherrif call over while I was still in my dressing gown and he wanted to have a gander at the beast. Said he'd heard it driving around. said it sounded like a Jet. We started talking car talk and wanted to know some numbers and Horse power to see if he had a chance of catchin it in his chevy impala cop car......thats a whole other story but either way...the cops over here...and the whole muscle car deal/hoon laws etc....they have a different respect/understanding for cars (in Florida anyway)

Sheri took a picture from the front porch and I posted it on facebook with my comment below and it went viral in Australia within hours with all the hoon laws that are currently being introduced

Sitting on my front porch in Florida this morning and our local Sheriff "Tom" pulls up and asks if we had heard what sounded like an explosion or loud bang. He then says...."So Matt, what toy do you have under the cover....is this the F16 Ive been hearing around the streets?" as Toms a bit of a car guy.

Kinda skeptical about showing him a 1200Hp twin turbo, running a 3 foot exhaust, NOS tank in the back and slammed on its nuts with a set of 20's on the back...I lifted the bonnet only to see the smiles grow ear to ear on there faces.

He then went on talking about the gear ratio's of if he could catch me or not and we came to the conclusion that it would be a good run considering I was running 3.50's in the rear and my traction issues versus his Chevy Impala
Not that he was condoning that sort of behavior but was merely making comparisons.

As an Ozzie living in the US, I really feel for every enthusiast back home. This car would be pulled over every 8 minutes in Oz with multiple infringements for no reason where as in Florida, you would only be stopped by a cop as he wanted to look at your ride.

Driving a classic or modded pro-street in America, is encouraged and respected by police. Driving a Honda with a fart can on the back probably isnt as the police can distinguish the difference between a enthusiast and this "so called HOON" affiliation that has been labelled amongst us all.

I really feel sorry for Australia and what our country has become when police deliberately target a nice iconic ozzie muscle car driving down the road with a family just attending a local car show that has 20 cop cars parked around adjoining streets "doing an exercise" as they call it.

I think that if there going to discriminate against these type of cars....they should offer enthusiasts that are NOT hoons....an option of a sticker that can be placed on the rear (2cm x 2cm) that can be stuck on the rego plate that states that they belong to a club and are purely enthusiasts.

You would have to apply for these through a local club and would have to prove what and who you are and if you were to get caught doing something stupid it would be removed by the club/whatever.

Cops would pull up behind the car and leave it alone as they can see the sticker....just an idea....I still think the whole thing is gay the way they portray it in the media.

Not having a crack at cops here...i have a lot of mates that are cops both here and back home that are right into the Muscle cars.

The one thing I love about living in Florida.....I can Build...and drive...what ever I want...Legally.

Not that I want to go into the whole hoon laws as thats another topic, just thought Id share my thoughts

Well, that was all months ago and since then I still havent had much time to do squat on the car. Been trying to get the little things done but its still parked in the warehouse

A few weeks ago, Roy Velardi, the editor of Street Ford magazine Australia, sent Sheri and myself this months copy of the magazine ahead of its release (issue 108 on stands now) yesterday actually.... with a huge 7 page write up on the car

The feature and the way they presented it is just awesome. Its a great mag as it covers not only falcons but all things FORD

I couldnt sit here and say that without atleast giving them guys a pat on the back.... not only for a great magazine but a fantastic feature on our car

You can get a copy online from the magstore

http://shop.magstore.com.au/Street-Fords-Performance-s/28.htm

or by visiting their website where I think you can sign up for subscription and online newsletters

http://www.streetfords.com.au/

They also have a facebook page that you can visit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/streetfords/?fref=ts

To say I was stoked to see such a great feature on our car was...well......at first, when I heard it was going to print in Oz I was like..."oh...thats pretty cool" but as soon as I saw it in print and in the flesh....I was actually taken back and kinda on cloud 9....still am

But today, well that just killed me

Come home to a big envelope from the guys at Modified Mustang and Ford magazine to find 3 copies of the latest issue

The Golden Goose made front cover.

I called Joe Greeves who wrote the article and gave him the news. He said that was awesome aswell as the front cover....WOW... He told me of the 5600 cars a month that get sent in to them from freelance writes/photographers like himself, 12 will be chosen for the next mag, of that 12, only 6 will possibly make the edition and of that 6, 1 will make front cover....so yes, we are extremely happy (and proud) that the goose made the cut.

Two magazines in the same month. You can guess how we both feel right now

On that note, I would like to thank alot of people that did help with the build

Total control products, BAER brakes, One Piece Products, CJ Pony Parts, Sunstate Mustang, Palm Coast Auto Hot rod shop,

Sherm @ Sunstate.....without him...we could not of built it in the time frame we did
Cheri perri for the custom leather roof lining
Glenn Everrit from Gasolene TV....electrical diagnostic
Ed Callender for standing there
Angelo Muzillo for under chassis help
Cris Cross for the fantastic rendering he did prior the build https://www.facebook.com/pages/Car-drawings-By-Cristian-Cross/194087513969888?fref=ts
Modified Mustangs & Ford magazine
Street Fords magazine
Joe Greeves for such an amazing article and sensational photography (As allways)

Im sure Im missing some others.....god I hope not (will edit later if I have to)

And last...but not least, my gorgeous wife, Sheri
Without her, THERE IS NO WAY...I could of built this car with the time frame we did it in.

Sheri nailed all the interior in between her normal daily duties. Not just that, helped with the fabrication of those headers, fitment of under chassis, parts chasing and body alignment. She loves the build just as much as I do. Couldnt have done it with out her

Couldnt have life any better without you baby. Thankyou Sheri G

Well, with all that said, K-OTIC is being delivered to Randy at the paint shop for a few touch ups and then back to us when things slow down to have all the small things finished prior Jeremy (from Image Classic Cars) gets over here. I told him he could be probably the only other Ozzie that will drive it prior it being sent off out of state for promotion use by sponsors.

After that, the goose will be for sale. (X-wife needs the money)

Once Jeremy has cleaned his pants and on his way back to OZ, we will get started on this years build

Its something that Ive allways wanted to build and was also my first muscle car (XR GT)

This ones going to be a little different though. Its a 1967 2 door US version. We currently have a right hand drive front cut on its way from Oz and were still in the concept stage of the rendering and how the build will go.

No idea at this stage of engine size/drive line or suspension but thats something that we have to do in another thread yeah?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:42:57 am by Shermatt »

Offline malscar

• Worked
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 01:20:27 pm »
Matt, that is huge news for both you and Sheri. So happy for you considering the amount of work you two did. Will have to hunt down both magazines.

Mal

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2013, 03:02:24 pm »
Very cool, congratulations - must be a real thrill to have your car featured in a magazine like that.  :thumb: Good to see your dog taking great interest in the article.  :lol:

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2013, 03:22:49 pm »
Well done Matt & Sherri, doubt it comes any better than that. :thumb:

I love that pic, even the Dog is reading the Mag.., one in all in.. :grin: :grin:

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 04:59:57 pm »
Well done.   Thats a good job and a great thread Matt & Sherri.... 

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2013, 05:05:05 pm »
Impressive, great work  :thumb:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2013, 08:37:46 pm »
A huge CONGRATS Guys!!

Matt, will you be turning the Sports Coupe into a two door XR? I spotted this one a few years back that had been turned into an XT GT.

Evan.

XT GT Coupe by evvvvan, on Flickr

Offline mustang-jerry

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2013, 09:00:17 pm »
Well, with all that said, K-OTIC is being delivered to Randy at the paint shop for a few touch ups and then back to us when things slow down to have all the small things finished prior Jeremy (from Image Classic Cars) gets over here. I told him he could be probably the only other Ozzie that will drive it prior it being sent off out of state for promotion use by sponsors.

After that, the goose will be for sale. (X-wife needs the money)

Once Jeremy has cleaned his pants and on his way back to OZ, we will get started on this years build

Its something that Ive allways wanted to build and was also my first muscle car (XR GT)

This ones going to be a little different though. Its a 1967 2 door US version. We currently have a right hand drive front cut on its way from Oz and were still in the concept stage of the rendering and how the build will go.

No idea at this stage of engine size/drive line or suspension but that's something that we have to do in another thread yeah?

:pepper:
Congratulations on a bloody awesome car, I got my copies of the mag today and can't wait to get there and take K-OTIC for a spin.
PS... Don't listen to the storeys of my driving abilities i don't hit things that often :grin:

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2013, 09:03:55 pm »
Nice work

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2013, 09:16:13 pm »

Well done Matt and Sherri, you must both be over the moon. :thumb:

Offline Joe 70

• Stallion
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2013, 11:42:20 am »
Excellent news Mattie!! Looks lovely and great to see you guys getting the proper kudos!
Top stuff! :thumb:

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2013, 01:02:14 pm »
WELL DONE GUYS!
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
Great job Matt and Sheri.

A read head turner, show winner and in magazines.

3 pack to go.... Awsome