Engineer advice for 65 mustang rwc

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Engineer advice for 65 mustang rwc  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Hbomb

• L Plates
  • 65 FB
Engineer advice for 65 mustang rwc
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:19:07 pm »
Hi members

This is my first post, I was wondering if anybody had advise on a couple of issues that I'm having with a RWC on my 65 fastback. First the chassis looks like its had a cut and weld of new front chassis rail. Secondly the front brake have been upgraded to disc with vh caliper and spindle adapters. So the fella who was looking at doing the Road worthy is concerned mainly about the chassis. I need advise on a either a road worthy guy or a engineer that can help me out. I live in pearcedale close to frankston and dandenong. Hoping someone with a similar issue might have some ideas. Cheers
H, 

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Re: Engineer advice for 65 mustang rwc
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:24:43 pm »
Commodore brakes are a common, mod supplied by Mustangs of Melbourne, not legal in QLD but OK in Vic, the rail is something you'll need to deal with locally I think.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:30:14 pm »
Also changing a rail is quite common on all cars, the question is, is it done correctly

Offline Hbomb

• L Plates
  • 65 FB
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »
Thanks Shaunp,

That makes sense to me, The chassis rail on the passenger side has a plate welded around the wheel arch. It look good but the mechanic was a bit sus so he wants a engineer to have a look to give it the all clear. so Ive booked one in for Monday. Something tells me its going to involve lots of $$$. but we will see. ill let you know the outcome enjoy the weekend.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 07:41:41 pm »
Hmm really the proper way to do a rail is to unpick it from the floor/firewall and replace the entire unit, then there is no question. This why he is concerned.