recommend me a mechanic- nth sydney/ northern beaches

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: recommend me a mechanic- nth sydney/ northern beaches  (Read 5051 times)

Offline walbjj

• Worked
im trying to get advice on a reputable and knowledgeable mechanic that knows mustangs in the north sydney/ northern beaches area of sydney.
i know there are a few in the outer suburbs, but im honestly too busy to go chasing about driving across the city.
any advice please

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »
Kwik Tune advertises in Pony Express.

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Kwik-Tune_3242314

Ask for Kevin (02) 9938 1331

s

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:06:39 pm »
There's also The Toymaker, it looks like he's more into restos.

http://www.toymaker.net.au/services.html

I haven't used either of them so I can't vouch for them.

s

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:57:32 pm »
Kevin had to close the workshop doors just recently but he might still be able to give a reduced service - more personalised.  He is well respected and highly regarded.

Another well known long time Mustang Mechanical repairs is Steve Travica of ST Kar Kraft at 13-14 / 45 Bassett St, Mona Vale Ph 9997 7247

Check out the NSW Advertiser page on the NSW site.  All of the advertisers have been long term supporters of MOCA and have all earnt their reputation by word of mouth recommendations.

Enjoy your Mustang knowing it is in capable hands.

Offline walbjj

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:46:19 am »
Quote from: mussy65 link=topic=18438.msg184564#msg184564
Kevin had to close the workshop doors just recently but he might still be able to give a reduced service - more personalised.  He is well respected and highly regarded.

Another well known long time Mustang Mechanical repairs is ST Kar Kraft at 13-14 / 45 Bassett St, Mona Vale Ph 9997 7247

Check out the NSW Advertiser page on the NSW site.  All of the advertisers have been long term supporters of MOCA and have all earnt their reputation by word of mouth recommendations.

Enjoy your Mustang knowing it is in capable hands.

St kar Kraft was actually recommended by Eric from beacon hill automotive. Apparently Eric has a boss 302 himself as well as races a 69. I'll pop around today, but Eric did mention his turnaround times aren't super fast, as he is fastidious with his work

Offline spp65

• Stallion
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 12:51:45 pm »
ST Kar Kraft checked out my mustang for me when I purchased it. I was in Melb and had the NSW owner take it there to be checked out. A detailed report was faxed to me and the guy went through it with me on the phone. I think his name was Steve. It was a fantastic thorough service and I was very grateful. They were recommended by the NSW Mustang Club. I could not recommend highly enough based on my experience.

Offline walbjj

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 12:58:12 pm »
Yep, my brother just talked to Steve today. He will be looking after it once my boss is running