Can we start this list?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Can we start this list?  (Read 4442 times)

Offline zinko

• Pony
Can we start this list?
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:07:55 am »
I really like this site and am very, very grateful for all the advice I've gotten on here.  Once thing I've noticed: You need to search all over the place to read about shippers.  

I understand that the site doesn’t want to necessary "endorse” a shipper; but is there a way we could set up a board that stays at the top of the forum section that lists shippers and people’s experience with them (people that are legitimately on here and would be willing to provide more information if asked; in order to keep out companies promoting themselves)?

It would have to be set up allowing different threads so that people could do multiple ratings at different times (so that if I rated one, and someone rated another after me, someone else could later come directly under my post, as opposed to coming in at the bottom.

Can we also set up a section for people looking for someone to split a container with?  

Just my thoughts....

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
Can we start this list?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:51 am »
Can of Worms.............OPEN.
everyone's opinions, expectations differ and the way they rate the experiences will be the same. I would think it best if you wanted to know if a particular mob for instance was reputable etc ,would be to just put up a post asking if anyone had used them & what their experience was like..........JMHO.:thumb:
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Can we start this list?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:40:06 am »
:agree: Problem is, even the best shippers sometimes have an unfortunate experience which absolutely inflames just one persons negative passion.

Personally, I think the positives should be highlighted as the bad ones will often rarely be heard about, not recommended by those who have bad experiences and even laughed out of business perhaps.
This also applies to local services where underwhelming or unacceptable work is exposed and the story travels very quickly in our tight little community. This has happened here in Melbourne recently to a mate.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
Can we start this list?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:47:31 am »
I bought my coupe in Alabama & used a company in Melbourne to import it for me....they were terrific, but I have heard people here on the forum here Bag them so as I say....everyones experiences will differ
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Can we start this list?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 08:59:07 pm »
Yep, importing a car should be about being happy with your importer and doing a bit of leg work yourself.  Reading as many threads and talking to as many people as needed is the best way to be happy yourself with a car being frieghted so far.

Offline A67PNY

• Worked
Can we start this list?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 11:45:58 am »
I have used two companies.
The first for the mustang.  Mucked around a bit but eventually delivered.
The second for the boat. No mucking around at all.
When they were sure that my ticket was booked for the USA they had a
container waiting for me.
So same as 66 Hertz. I heard some good and some bad feedback about
the first.
But no negative about the second.
So a bit of homework needs to be done.

Offline Nobby76

• Stallion
Can we start this list?
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:44:39 pm »
So instead of a current list of shippers, brokers, etc, how about just a sticky with advice on what to look out for. Pros/Cons of shipping, and maybe a list of what your broker should offer.??

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
Can we start this list?
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 11:07:13 am »
Quote from: Nobby76 link=topic=16532.msg165238#msg165238
Pros/Cons of shipping

A bit of advice, keep an eye out on the exchange rate, when you're sending a lot of money overseas a sudden nose dive, if only a few cents can cost you thousands.

It's very annoying to send some cash o.s. during a brief slump and watch the AUD bounce back a few days later.

s

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
Can we start this list?
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 11:33:56 am »
Same goes for me, as a Mustang Resto business and shipper for people. I have a container load sitting over there right now, with several customer choosing to share a ride to save $, but one of the customers cars is holding the entire shipment up with paperwork issues. Makes me look bad I suppose, but it's a US State Government problem. Sometimes, circumstances prevail, but depending on the customers outlook on the problem, they could pass the issue off as me being slack. Pays to keep customers informed along the way.

(Oh, and before anybody complains about me advertising a business [yes, it happens!], I am a forum sponsor. The club will do their advertising bit when they get time, which is fine with me)
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
Can we start this list?
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 10:32:12 pm »
Re StephenSLR's comment on exchange rate, that is very important.

We actually offer a locked in exchange rate through our business, so can guarantee the rate to you once the deal is done. Even if you're not buying through us, we'll offer an excellent exchange rate and lock the rate. We've got a great system in place for doing it. Took a lot to get it organised, but was worth the drama, so if you need help shooting money over there at better rates than the banks can/will give you, touch base with me.
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)