those Americans need to come to Australia to learn how to fix these cars properly

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: those Americans need to come to Australia to learn how to fix these cars properly  (Read 12976 times)

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
Quote from: Meaty0 link=topic=16841.msg170159#msg170159
U.S. Roadworthy Certificate questionaire:  Does your vehicle run?  Do at least 3 of your vehicle's 4 wheels stay on while the vehicle is running?   If you answer yes to at least one of these questions, you may drive your vehicle on our roads. :smile02:

Not even, often in the US all you have to do is walk in with your tax bill, pay and walk out with a new sticker and the car is legal.

s

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
Quote from: StephenSLR link=topic=16841.msg170170#msg170170
Quote from: Meaty0 link=topic=16841.msg170159#msg170159
U.S. Roadworthy Certificate questionaire:  Does your vehicle run?  Do at least 3 of your vehicle's 4 wheels stay on while the vehicle is running?   If you answer yes to at least one of these questions, you may drive your vehicle on our roads. :smile02:

Not even, often in the US all you have to do is walk in with your tax bill, pay and walk out with a new sticker and the car is legal.

s

Do they inspect for defects while the car is being driven?

i have edited my post to show the reply on VMF to my question as posted below

Are Roadworthy certificates the same in USA as Australia??
After purchasing a car in USA and talking on our Australian forum, I have been told there is a great deal of difference in the rules leading up to being allowed to drive on the road. On our roads cars are inspected before registration and if we are caught driving an unregistered car we get into big trouble. In some states after that, inspections are mandatory and as registration is renewed every 12 months. In other states we only need to have the car inspected for roadworthy to be allowed to sell as a registered vehicle. In those states that don't require a roadworthy every year we often get our cars inspected on the road and get defected if their is a problem. After being defected we can't drive it again until we go over the government inspection station..

Is it the same with cars in America?
mustangpaul1 is offline      Reply With Quote
Remove Advertisements
Sponsored Links
Vintage-Mustang.com
Advertisement

Unread Today, 01:50 AM      #2 (permalink)
Fletch's66

Default Short Answer-No!
We don't have anything like that here. You can register a car in just about any condition you want to.

However driving a vehicle in poor condition can get you pulled over by the police and you'll be issued a minor ticket. Things like headlights or taillights not working, tires are in poor condition, defective or loud exhaust system, or any number of other conditions could get you pulled over.

That is a really good rule because there are some horrible cars on the road here.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
I had a look at a 67 vert over in LA a few yrars ago that A dealer got in. Rust free he said. had a look under the mats and a new floorpan was just laying there. Lifted the hood and could see the road through the chassis rails . Politely said No Thanks. Did get a nice 66 coupe though
Stormin

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
Quote from: stormin link=topic=16841.msg170190#msg170190
I had a look at a 67 vert over in LA a few yrars ago that A dealer got in. Rust free he said. had a look under the mats and a new floorpan was just laying there. Lifted the hood and could see the road through the chassis rails . Politely said No Thanks. Did get a nice 66 coupe though
Stormin

We need to be so careful buying convertibles, if the top goes while it's sitting in weather the rain only has one place to go, Inside, With a coupe the turret keeps it dry.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.