Cooly or Beachfest

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Cooly or Beachfest  (Read 7310 times)

Offline ND69

• Worked
Cooly or Beachfest
« on: June 13, 2016, 11:09:28 am »
Anyone do both?

Cooly seemed dull his year, and was rained out sunday arvo..

How was the Fest?

Offline russ68

• Thoroughbred
Re: Cooly or Beachfest
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:11:29 pm »
I can only comment as a spectator at Cooly previously, and went along to Beachfest Saturday as a spectator as well. I left my car at home.

Perfect weather Saturday. I was told between 500 to 600 cars that were generally a bit squished in. Heaps of people walking around the blocked off roads. Reasonable quality bands on the streets. Not as much merchandise or music. Cars moved to the old Ettamogah Pub on Sunday, but I didn't go.

Overall pretty similar, but I reckon Beachfest are relying more on cars and not so much the music/dancing side. Shame they sort of clashed.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:03:48 pm »
I went to beach fest on Saturday without my mustang and thought it was great  :thumb: .  Plenty of cars booked in and just under 600 for the event ,plenty in the side streets that couldn't get in .  Yes it was a bit packed for cars and people and that's fine . Will be going next year for sure and not cooly rocks .

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 05:04:48 pm »
I went to Cooly Rocks just as a spectator & enjoyed it immensely. There were plenty of cars to look at, the trade displays were excellent & lots of rock'roll music playing. One thing I noticed was a lack of Mustangs considering how many are located in SE Qld & I would gestimate around the 2 dozen mark that I saw. I was sort of hoping some of the MOCA members to have a big display there & was even asked by some bloke if I knew where all of the Mustangs were parked. As we didn't have time to get around to all of the cars displayed I may have missed some but will definitely go again next year.

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »
I went to Beachfest this year with my car but I had not officially entered as it was a last minute thing with everything else that was happening at home.
I missed Thursday, Fridays and todays events (Organised cruises poker runs etc.) but there were plenty of cars cruising around Friday Night including blown cars and a drag car that was riding on slicks and had a parachute on the rear. Cars were still cruising around up until 10:30-11 ish

I parked my car just outside the exclusion zone on Saturday for the car show(which they moved after my car was parked which then included my car).
Yes there was less merchandise but that saved me money as less for the wife to purchase. (There were markets on in the main street on Sunday morning) There were only one band that I could recall but that was in the middle and the sound carried throughout the area.
There was a lot of roadworks in the area and the streets are narrower which did make the parking tighter but that did seem to be much of an issue.
There were 585 cars registered for the event but I think there were more there that had not registered.
The car show ends at 4PM and is cleared quickly and the cruising started immediately with quite a few cars doing burnouts just outside the pub in the main street and the police were just sitting at the intersection turning a blind eye (I personally thought the drivers doing burnouts were FN idiots doing them there but each to there own, I enjoy doing burnouts to but right time right place not on a narrow street in front of a crowd with cameras going and police watching on)

The cruising on Saturday night was busy up until 7ish and then was very quiet.

I did not get out to Aussie World on Sunday until about 11AM (The wife had to go to the Markets) and there was a good turnout of cars there they did have driving events on which was fun to watch and they were having a drag race which if entering you had to wear a dress, wig and make up plus you had to have a handbag and wear womens footwear (I am sure it was only a foot race but I did not get to see it)

I personally enjoyed Beachfest over Cooly and have booked accommodation for next year at Beachfest, Cooly has just gotten way out of hand with there cost of accommodation and the events that Beachfest has appeal more to me (I am not a Rock N Roller)

There were at least 20 Mustangs at Beachfest this year

[URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/littlered69stang/media/Beachfest%202016/Beachfest%202016/20160611_090316.jpg.html]

And a few others I liked

And My Old Torino

1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline Red67Coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Restored
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
Been to Coolys a couple of years ago without the mustang. Went to beach fest this year and enjoyed it more. 69ish I saw your car but didn't see anyone next to it (not that I'd recognise you anyway). My 67 was along the waterfront. I like the smaller crowds and easier to find accommodation and parking. It's a shame it was so slippery for the Sunday driving events - the dune buggy had an advantage over the huge yank tanks  :grin:  I'll be going again next year

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »
Been to Coolys a couple of years ago without the mustang. Went to beach fest this year and enjoyed it more. 69ish I saw your car but didn't see anyone next to it (not that I'd recognise you anyway). My 67 was along the waterfront. I like the smaller crowds and easier to find accommodation and parking. It's a shame it was so slippery for the Sunday driving events - the dune buggy had an advantage over the huge yank tanks  :grin:  I'll be going again next year
I  enjoyed watching the bread van having a go,  it had the advantage of fat tyres but the disadvantage of weight and lack of visibility but I  would not dare drive a car that I  had spent a 1/4 of a million on in the mud.

Offline 66vert

• Worked
  • Name: Louis
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »
Booked my accommodation for Beachfest 2017 last night Rodney, staying from the Wednesday to Sunday, first time for me. :burnout:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:03:54 pm by 66vert »

Offline pgold

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Paul Gold
  • Car: 69 sportsroof
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 04:45:25 pm »
We will be going to Beachfest for the full week experience next year. Rodney good to catch up with at Shelly Beach  Saturday arvo. Just looked at photo of your car and saw where you chose to park- how did the hearing test go :grin: :grin: :lmao:   

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »
I heard from a mate who goes down with a group to Cooly Rocks every year & stay for the week in a unit, that they have jacked up the price of accommodation rather steeply for next year. Will be interesting to see where they end up next year. Greed always seems to get the better of people when these events take off. I know the food was quite expensive there too.

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 06:16:37 pm »
We will be going to Beachfest for the full week experience next year. Rodney good to catch up with at Shelly Beach  Saturday arvo. Just looked at photo of your car and saw where you chose to park- how did the hearing test go :grin: :grin: :lmao:   

I am going deaf but I was actually there upgrading my RACQ cover just in case it needed to be towed again :bolt:
Booked my accomadation for Beachfest 2017 last night Rodney, staying from the Wednesday to Sunday, first time for me. :burnout:
Louis we  have booked from Monday to Monday so we can do it all and a bit more if we wish.

Offline 66vert

• Worked
  • Name: Louis
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 09:05:26 pm »

I am going deaf but I was actually there upgrading my RACQ cover just in case it needed to be towed again :bolt:Louis we  have booked from Monday to Monday so we can do it all and a bit more if we wish.

Ok mate