Victorian Roadworthy Changes

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Victorian Roadworthy Changes  (Read 1137 times)

Offline dalex

• Worked
« on: September 27, 2011, 02:53:13 pm »
Last month saw some changes to the inspection process in Victoria for a Roadworthy Certificate. The testers now has to photograph the car, and store images on a computer for 7 years.

This is obviously a cost that is being passed on, but the intent is to tighten up on a process.

I was speaking to my mechanic yesterday as he had to buy camera, computer, external drive, and then work out to use it all, as you have to rename the files a particular way.

I think it is a little unfortunate that VicRoads did not provide some form of portal to support this, and it seems a little half baked as a solution.

Thoughts anyone...

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:49:59 pm »
It seems lot a lot of extra work, It appears that Vic Roads does not trust their authorised RWC testers, so they need photographic proof.  Wouldn't it be better to weed out the dodgy operators and remove their RWC testers licence, rather than bring in this scheme.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:39:59 pm »
Yeah, good point Tim. The extra costs are just what everyone needs right now.
Vic Roads are the organization that needs a big shake up. They are the butt of many jokes and rightly so as it stands now.
Why doesn't the Vic transport minister/roads minister step in to streamline this whole operation?
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »
And when the hard drive goes bung as is inevitable, or gets stolen or run dropped on the floor,  the whole lot is lost.