Boat people

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Boat people  (Read 6014 times)

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
Boat people
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 07:48:56 pm »
Well said Guv'na. My parents were 10pound poms as well. All immigrants/asylum seekers/refugees should be either forced to show they can live without government assistance, or be given loans which they have to pay additional taxes on when they get jobs to pay off their debt (similar to HECS). $28 million for asylum seekers to ring their home country - the one they fled, seriously. What a joke.
IMG

Offline TheDarkStang

• Thoroughbred
Boat people
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 08:08:00 pm »
Quote from: boss69hogg link=topic=14397.msg157312#msg157312
Well said Guv'na. My parents were 10pound poms as well. All immigrants/asylum seekers/refugees should be either forced to show they can live without government assistance, or be given loans which they have to pay additional taxes on when they get jobs to pay off their debt (similar to HECS). $28 million for asylum seekers to ring their home country - the one they fled, seriously. What a joke.

But guvna's daughter went to the council of housing for a flat....maybe my 9 hour drinking session has blurred me a little but doesn't that mean she is sponging off the UK govt (12 years ago)???

And Guvna, I definitely hear what your saying & it sounds to me like ":cry::cry::cry:"
Harden up & share a little , hey. Where's your human spirit & generosity for your fellow man. We're all on this planet together, share the wealth.
I wanted to start every word with a capital but am too drunk too try....:rol::rol::drink::sick:

Cya's

Cheers ,
Mark

Offline GOVNA46

• Pony
Boat people
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 08:43:43 pm »
Not spongeing, She was Willing to pay RENT!!! Others get given New flats & Houses. Paid for by Social Secrurity Sytem=Centre Link!!! Her Rent From Her Wages. No Social Benifits Taken,Or hand Outs in Her Life!!!. You need Another Case. Cheers:drink::cry::cry:

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
Boat people
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »
There's a kind of irony in all this.

Offline shelbyright

• Thoroughbred
Boat people
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »
Quote from: Sprint72 link=topic=14397.msg157320#msg157320

wow doesnt that explain it all.... we are all boat people or at least related to someone the once was. we only get 350 a year and at least most of them work, and if they are getting so many handouts maybe we should be focusing on the people that set policy. maybe we could swap some of these with some druggy bum rednecks, and we could send theirs pitbulls out with them.
There are only 2 times in life, today or too late!

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
Boat people
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25:08 pm »
How things have changed. This is a new age "assylum seeker" as he appeared on the front page of today's West Australian. And I don't think those of us who question some of these people's motives or genuineness lack compassion, more like gullibility.

Rick

Offline boss 427

• Worked
Boat people
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 10:49:16 pm »
Quote from: shelbyright link=topic=14397.msg157755#msg157755
Quote from: Sprint72 link=topic=14397.msg157320#msg157320

wow doesnt that explain it all.... we are all boat people or at least related to someone the once was. we only get 350 a year and at least most of them work, and if they are getting so many handouts maybe we should be focusing on the people that set policy. maybe we could swap some of these with some druggy bum rednecks, and we could send theirs pitbulls out with them.

My ancestotrs arrived in Australia legaly. not illegaly. As for 350 a year, there has been 350 in the last couple of weeks. As soon as the so called boat people arrive they should put them on a C130 or C15 and send them back where they come from. My ancestors fought for this country and our freedom, Why don't they fight for their country instead of running away and getting others to fight for them. Aboriginees also arrived by boat 35,000 years ago. The Libyans (with a bit of help from NATO) proved it can be done.

Offline shelbyright

• Thoroughbred
Boat people
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 08:48:57 am »
Boss,
my ancestors came here both legally and also what some might believe illegally. my father came over here from italy after the war legally, but my scottish/irish ancestors came over here as what soem might call illegally. i dont think the indigenous population of Australia see white settlement as legal. so its all about our perception. and my ancestors fought for this country too! and gave a lot of blood sweat and tears for it. and it is without a doubt the best country in the world. and we arent the best because we are white, we are the best because over the last 200 years we have embraced others cultures.

i agree with you that i dont like anyone comming into this country that commits a crime and if they do they should be immediately deported. but if we dont accept people we create an us and them situation, and how do we expect people to intergrate into our society if we dont accept them. its a catch 22 isnt it.

honestly when i read in the paper (not that i read it often) that gang of youths are going around in suburbs hunting down somalian familes and terrorising them and petrol bombing their homes and hurling abuse on them in the street it makes me quite sad. these guys arent Australian. they are bums.

its a touchy subject and the government in history has always used this debate to sidetrack people from the the real problems we are facing in this country.

we are going down the gurgler because we cannot manage this country fiscally and we are way too politically correct and our so called leaders and i mean all of them, have no vision!. they are all in it for themselves. this is the real problem not just immigration.

thank god we still have mustangs
There are only 2 times in life, today or too late!