Events & Club Runs, News & Questions Related To Your State > Queensland

CAIRNS OWNERS

(1/3) > >>

The Car Collective:
Anyone here from Cairns, who a) have a Mustang they are looking to sell or b) would like to share our interest. I would love the chance to learn more about these beautiful machines before I go and by one myself.

geoff_adams@hotmail.com

HAVAGO:
Please tell me more ?????????????

I am a club member just south of Cairns.

Me_3:
Hi,

I'm on the tablelands and am about to become a first time mustang owner...

Will take me a few years until it will be on the road tho..

Hi Havago! ;{

HAVAGO:
Hello Me_3,:]

Good to hear you are getting a mustang.:i

I would like to know more.

Maybe we can catch up sometime.

Cheers;{

Me_3:
I'll post more when I know it.. :-)

The car is currently in melbourne.. I was heading into NSW next month for hol's anyway, and since it looks like i'm getting the mustang we are making a little more of a detour and picking it up on the way home..

The company I work for has been debating about getting a car-trailer for doing crash recoverys on light aircraft but the cost has always been a turn off.. turns out, there are some reasonably priced trailers down south. So we will be picking up the trailer in melbourne as well if all goes to plan... saves having to tow one down, and saves me 2000 odd dollars in trucking fees..

I'll post photos and details on the car when I get some current ones..

What I know about it..

'68 Fastback, 289 2v, minimal rust in RH floorpan, a few dings...

Interior is shot...
Paint is shot..
just a tired old car...

Plans:

Get it here, give the engine a quick checkover before ripping it out

strip the car
build a rotisserie
Get the car soda plasted to find out what I REALLY have to work with, and then hit with etch primer to preserve it

Get to work on the body as time allows, then engine, wiring, and interior as time and money allows..

I'm still unsure on what way I will be going.. full resto, or most likely, resto mod and improve the car making the interior & comfort more like a modern car..

Or I might get it here.. wonder what the hell i've done, and park it :2

Taking on a restoration project doesn't scare me at all, so I should be right.. I'm stupid enough to try anything at least once :-)

Hell.. its a modern car.. A lot of the aircraft I work on a older than '68 thats for sure.. :_

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version