Looking for help or recommendations on a shipping company NSW

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Looking for help or recommendations on a shipping company NSW  (Read 2858 times)

Offline GMG

• Thoroughbred
Hi all,

I am flying over to the US in August to test drive a 68 fastback that I am looking at buying and want to do some preliminary work on costs to have it shipped to Aus. I am looking for guidance from the experts on the forum or recommendations on reliable shipping agents located in NSW that can assist with getting the car here, costs, procedures, etc.

The car is located in Minneapolis at the moment.

Any thoughts, tips or directions gratefully appreciated.

Regards

GMG
My Ride is White Noise

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:55:05 pm »
Hi GMG.

A guide would be about $2200 - $3000 for shipping . That will vary according to the route the ship takes and would be higher if you want to have only your car in the container. Around the low to mid $2k mark is for 2 cars in a container.

Then you have GST on the total - ie. car cost + shipping
then customs clearing - not sure how much that is.
Then quarantine cleaning fees - about $200 I believe.

Then for you , you have to factor shipping from Minneapolis to LA.
Not sure how much that would be - could be up to $1k

I would probably allow about $5-6K.

Others who have recently imported would have more exact figures.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 05:41:51 pm »
Hi
I can ship for you to newcastle  $4500 incl enlosed ship from Minneapolis or $4000 open, price is all up plus Gst

Offline fordtj69

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »
hi gmg
u2u sent cheers tim
:drink:
I will travel far for a car up and over the hill's to Clancy's at the bottom of the big mountain
member of the big dog car club

BDCC

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
  • Car: 1966 coupe & 1969 Mach 1
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:37:37 pm »
I used John Cain who imports from LA to Newcastle for $3500 all up.  You will then need to trailer it from Minneapolis to LA.  I have used John twice and he is fantastic.  His son lives in LA and takes care of that side of things.  He has been in the business for decades.  A few others on here have also used him and been impressed with his service.

Cheers

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 11:04:50 pm »
Quote from: Yellow66 link=topic=14967.msg150995#msg150995
I used John Cain who imports from LA to Newcastle for $3500 all up.  You will then need to trailer it from Minneapolis to LA.  I have used John twice and he is fantastic.  His son lives in LA and takes care of that side of things.  He has been in the business for decades.  A few others on here have also used him and been impressed with his service.

Cheers

Absolutely! I'm on my second import as we speak with John and Lincoln (his son). I couldn't recommend them highly enough. I was on tippy toes the whole way through my first purchase, I had no idea. But John made it easy and this time round I haven't lost any sleep at all, I know my car is safe with John.

I wrote a bit of a story for my first buy, it starts down the page here if you're interested to see how I went.

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13731&page=2

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline GMG

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 06:16:58 pm »
Thanks for the excellent help guys, I will chat to each of the guys mentioned and make plans to have my 'baby' brought over. Apart from the Shipping/customs/gst/cleaning costs mentioned, are there any other costs or hoops I need to know about for the RTA, etc.

Regards & Thanks.

GM G
My Ride is White Noise

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 07:28:31 pm »
Mate if you live in moorbank you don't want it shipped to newcastle , give harrys classics a go he charges $2800 all up plus your gst on the purchase price and if it needs a clean(aqis) add around $200, he is bringing a motor in for me, its on the water now, he unloads in matraville and has a warehouse in belmore, so not to far from you.
here is his link http://harrysclassics.com.au/
cheers chris.ps this does not include any shipping in the usa harrys warehouse is in orange california so you will need to get car shipped to there.