Do not buy from MOTOR MENTOR ..Mike

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Do not buy from MOTOR MENTOR ..Mike  (Read 4389 times)

Offline CUDAchris

• L Plates
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »
as you may see by my name I dont have a mustang but I do come with info that some may find very useful

Well I will say to everyone dont buy a car from
MIKE at MOTOR MENTOR
and
ROSE MOTORSPORTS
JUST MUSCLE CARS
2323 Bruner Lane Ft. Myers FL 33912

they were fantastic to deal with at the start of the transaction
but once they had the cash it all changed.
I received the car with a stuffed trans a stuffed power steering box and missing parts  .
The car will need a full front end steering rebuild .
I guess that is normal but at the same time I was told it was in A1 condition all round and drove beautifully
so I think its only fair I would expect it to be driveable
It was claimed to be a numbers matching car and it isn't
At some stage of its life it has had damage to the rear tail light panel that has been bogged/bondo  
really poorly and I am now fixing this as well. (one hit with the hammer and all the Bondo/Bog fell out)
Was also told the body has no damage at any stage of its life
They have made no attempt to help at all .
Sent me a few nice emails with long winded reasons and totally looking to pass the buck.
I am really upset by the deal and have lost a little of the excitement I had at getting my new car .
Make no mistake yes when things go good well lucky you but when things go bad they wont help at all

I hope this will help others from making the same mistake and people will think twice about buying
from these businesses

I am posting it on as many forums I can here and in the US
Im sorry if this upsets anyone but feel this is the only way I can do something about what happend to me and maybe help someone else from going through the same

If you wish to see that im telling the truth
please have a look at my post of before and after I received the car
on
cuda-challenger.com

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:37:18 pm »
Heard stories like that for years buddy.
If it sounds like an absolute bargain and you believe everything you are told, without you or someone very close to you, checking it personally, then buyer beware I'm afraid.
It will happen again when the next person does not do enough homework and/or trusts someone they have never met!
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline CUDAchris

• L Plates
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »
your totally right and thats why I want to tell as many I can
to save them from the same mistake.
Live and learn I guess:cry::cheers:

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:27:15 pm »
Yep, as Johnno says its like playing Tattslotto if you don't inspect it yourself...  Sorry to hear your story Cuda.  How about a pic in here?

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »
I have seen a Mustang here in Perth that was bought from Motor Mentor, it was riddled with (undisclosed) rust and the owner had to sell his dream car as a project and took a loss on it because he did the honest thing and sold it for what it was.

Very, very dodgy business. Sorry for your disappointments CUDAchris, it's sickening to hear about things like this but they're all too common.
Rick

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 11:06:01 pm »
Cudachris, Im not possitive but I dont think the guys name is Mike from Rose Motorsports....Jim Rose owns Rose Motorsports...is Mike the montor mentor guy?

Sorry to hear about ya cuda...awesome car...want one muchly

Matt

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about your dodgey deal Chris.It happens to the best of us. ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY.

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 07:08:53 am »
Sorry to hear, i think there has been a post of warning about this guy before...   What year Cuda did you get...  sweet car..... any pics??

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 05:27:46 pm »
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but this happens time and time again
i just travelled thousands of miles to buy my new toy, its just what you have to do, personally i do not trust anyone but myself to look at a car and it may cost a bit to do it yourself, but totally worth it in the end, i just got back from states and was about to part with $80000 on a what seemed and looked great in pics a 1970 plymoth cuda 426 hemi powered convertible, real glad i did the trip car was nice on top crap underneath though.
 i would now if i were you get on a plane and sort it out in person with the guy, get a refund of some sort out of him, you may have to be a little persuasive though.  
If anyone interested though i can  highly recommend classic car studios in st louis, they have some really nice cars

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 11:49:00 pm »
Actually once you have dealt with a few americans you can really understand why their country is in the mess it is, i certainly  won't say all americans,  but my dog leaves smarter things on the front lawn, then you have the mexicans to deal with at times, and it just gets worse, old saying you want something done right ....do it yourself. i think everytime i have been there, something somehow has gone array, and mostly through incompetence, or a just do not care attitude. do it yourself is the best advice i can give anyone wanting anything from the states.

Offline woz66

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 06:56:46 am »
I delt with a Mike from a company called Cargo Online. I would not recomend anyone to deal with that guy.

Same situation!