Future upgrade

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Future upgrade  (Read 2517 times)

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
Future upgrade
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:17:42 am »
Just in the planning and homework stage at the moment, maybe within 12 months, but looking to go to fuel injection, for better fuel economy and better performance.
(performance really, the economy bit is to justify the expence to the wife :wink:)
may look at making the throttle bodies myself, just throwing around some ideas and designs at the moment, I have an engine builder friend thinks it will add 100HP quite easily,
I have obviously been checking out various sites for as much info as possible but if anyone has had any previos experience with any injection systems good or bad I would be very interested.

at present I like the crossover design below ( cost around $6000 so not cheap hense will make as much as possible myself)

Just love spending money I don't have

we will see how we go in the near future with some testing.

Offline Ac_cobra

• Stallion
Future upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:30:55 am »
Morrison do some nice stack injection systems dont know if you will get 100hp more but.

http://www.morrisonoz.com/
1965 Coupe / 1966 Coupe / Harrison Ac Cobra

Offline boss 427

• Worked
Future upgrade
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »
Looks nice. I have a Morrison with 8 X 58 mm throttle bodies. On top of the $6,000 you will need injectors, fuel pumps, ECU, pressure regs, sensors, wiring, set up and dyno tunning etc etc. You will be lucky to get out of it for under $15,000. It will run a lot smoother and better fuel economy but I don'think you will get an extra 100 hp. Then of course there is the WOW factor. The throttle bodies on that set up look very small.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
Future upgrade
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 06:29:07 pm »

mmm..... stack injection....

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
Future upgrade
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:29:09 pm »
I wanna upgrade my fuel induction system too... A bigger carby and intake... I need a 250 pre xflow head though... Looking around for them... Very expensive, or i can get a carby "swap" kit with a weber DGV progressive carb and adapter plates to suit the log intake/ head i have now...

Dont spose anyone has/ knows of one for sale reasonably cheap?
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline Fast69back

• Stallion
Future upgrade
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 05:34:45 pm »
That Crossover design looks a niiiiice piece of gear!!!!!