Classic Speed

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Classic Speed  (Read 44734 times)

Offline 65muzzy

• Worked
Re: Classic Speed
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:20 pm »
I ordered a mustang from classic speed. The car was delivered 14months late and has only been driven a total of 5 days over 5 months and each time a failure has occurred. The car was in Perth and getting repaired each time but very time I picked it up something else failed. The latest after transporting the car to me at my expense now being 23 months after being ordered the. Air con did not work has a leak somewhere so gas goes. To top it off after 135km the handbrake system failed from a bolts come it in the drum set up and destroying the brakes and damaging the drum. This is despite them being told that the handbrake is not working properly last time it went back to them. My advice is DO NOT buy a car from these people as they over promise and under deliver every time. If you are in WA forget they have no support over here and they can never get on a plane to come and fix it. My car was a 40th birthday present to myself and I now am turning 42 in March 2013 and still have not driven my car without a problem. Basically the company has no customer service and low care factor. I have a $140k piece of metal instead of my dream car. Buy somewhere local so you can always have the face to face with the bloke that built he car or be prepared to be constantly disappointed if you by from Classic Speed.
At $140k I think there are a few forum sponsors here in Oz that could build you a car.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2013, 09:05:06 am »
the use of body filler to correct body issues was obvious, a lot like watching a Boyd Coddington DVD... :grin:

... and Pimp My Ride, Dream Car Garage, etc.

It seems they love Bondo in the USA.

s

Offline boss351

• Worked
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2013, 10:09:01 am »
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind we build great cars here in australia, Ive been to the states 10 times over the years and the cars and variety is fantastic however they are expensive for GOOD cars. Our aussie can do mentality yields the results here.....being involved with the build is half the fun, look at the threads members post!

Im not in the industry just a passionate Mustang enthusiast, life is short get out and enjoy it  :burnout: :smilies:
Life is short drive a Mustang

Offline JadeMach1

• Thoroughbred
  • Car: H code Mach1
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 01:23:59 pm »
Does any one in Victoria mustang club have a car built by Classic Speed as I would love to see it?

I am interested in seeing if the product delivered meet their expectations and how the work on the vehicle was priced.. ..

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 01:26:49 pm »
there was a C/S Hertz Tribute at the 2011 Round Up
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline JadeMach1

• Thoroughbred
  • Car: H code Mach1
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 01:33:06 pm »
Thanks for that will keep my eye out for it at the next car show... Bit of luck it may turn up at the Melbourne Hot Rod Show

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 12:29:01 pm »
Classic Speed guys will be at the All American Show at Castle Hill on 20 Junuary 2013.

They are usually located down near the presentation stage between the Corvettes and Mustang display areas ... western side.

Did Classic Speed have any cars there on the day?  I was hoping to check them out but didn't see them.  :shrug:

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 02:18:23 pm »

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »
Another update - video.

After several months and a journey across Asia, Project Mustang finally makes it home - though not without some last-minute drama.

http://www.uniquecarsmag.com.au/news-and-reviews/article/articleid/83450.aspx

Mobile friendly version

http://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/news-reviews/2013/4/video-project-mustang-makes-it-home/

s

Offline Goenawan

• L Plates
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2013, 07:04:40 pm »
I have a Classic Speed build and, apart from some minor electrical and other glitches post-arrival, I'm happy with it.  Good company to deal; yes, they've had some 'front Sydney office' changes over the past 12 months or so which hasn't helped that much.  However, the local Adelaide 'agent' here knows what they're doing.  Once all of the compliance work had been done, I registered her and drove her away in June 2012 - so I've had her nearly 12 months.  Took her to the eastern states - Canberra, Sydney then home - and she didn't miss a beat.  I'm aware that other folks have had some issues which is disappointing - extremely so, in some cases unfortunately - but I'm happy to recommend them. As others have noted, it worthwhile visiting the factory at Angeles City (yep - stay away from Field St!!) to see how the work is done.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 07:13:29 pm »
Sounds good and welcome to the forum.
Any photos ,what model & shape is your car?

Cheers
Matt  :event:

Offline Raven

• Worked
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 07:40:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Good to see you have had a positive outcome and are enjoying your car. :thumb:

Offline Goenawan

• L Plates
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2013, 05:56:21 pm »
Here she be folks - as far as I know, she's the only coupe that CS have built so far - although 342CS (here:  http://www.classicspeedinc.com/page.DisplayInProduction.cmc?&que=1367214472#/v2.images/display/carpix/342_1.jpg) is a 68 coupe being restored.  So I'll not longer be able to claim I have the only coupe in Aus! 

http://www.classicspeedinc.com/page.DisplaySoldVehicle.cmc?&que=1304239741#/v2.images/display/carpix/289_1.JPG

Offline walbjj

• Worked
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »
the auto electrician that i use does the finishing work for classic speed in sydney. he says point blank that the cars he gets are supposed to be "finished" and complete when they land, but they are not. paint is very rough, overspray, and lots of electrical gremlins that he needs to tidy up.
he says that its not a deal breaker, but its disappointing for a car costing that much.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2013, 09:03:07 am »
paint is very rough, overspray

If they're done to concours spec. that's probably the way they're intended to be.

lol.

s

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2013, 04:18:31 pm »
Another article on the Unique Cars Classic Speed Mustang.

http://www.uniquecarsmag.com.au/news-and-reviews/article/articleid/86027.aspx

s