Anyone packing a container on the west coast of the states?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Anyone packing a container on the west coast of the states?  (Read 4133 times)

Offline roadkillontheweb

• P Plates
If anyone packing up a container on the west coast of the states heading towards OZ that has some spare room?

I have some Mustang guys that are interested in buying some of my bodies but need to find a more cost effective means of getting them shipped.

1965-66 Mustang JR body

1967-68 Mustang JR body

1971-73 Mustang JR body

Since they are fiberglass they do not weigh much and can be stood on end or loaded on top. They are 3/8 scale so they do not take up as much room as a full size.

If you are not familiar with Mustang Juniors check out my website Junior central

There are a couple Mustang Juniors already in Australia that I know of.

Offline roadkillontheweb

• P Plates
Here is a video of one in use in 1965 in a Pizza hut commercial.

[youtube]KdK9j-J4au4[/youtube]

Offline Trans-Am

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:55:25 am »
Hi roadkillontheweb,

Try contacting Hills Mustangs and Classics as they have regular shipping container's coimg in all of the time...

Michael 0404 187 515 or Brian 0408 350 650

Cheers,

Trans-Am:cool:

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:29:32 am »
This posting is just Advertising Central but the original post might be of some interest as an unusual item and not competing with the paid advertisers.  The third posting is under review.

For now, the posting will stay ... but just for now!

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:09:09 am »
I am shipping a container out of Seattle in the next couple of weeks, will have room.

Offline roadkillontheweb

• P Plates

Let me contact the guys and see if we can make it happen that soon. I have been trying to get quotes from Less than load shippers without a lot of luck. Couple weeks might be a little too soon to get the payment here and the bodies made but let me give it a try.

I will also contact Hills Mustangs and Classics and see if that might be a way to go?

Thanks guys

I have some experience shipping but it was the other way. I purchased two UTEs from Queensland a few years back in a container but it seems to be harder to ship a small load than a full container.

Offline roadkillontheweb

• P Plates
A big thanks to Trans-am
I just received an email from Mike at Hills Mustangs and the ball is rolling we will see how things go from here? He packs his containers in Orange county and ships them to Sydney. He is willing to help and actually owns a 67 electric powered Mustang JR so is he familiar with them and their size.

Thanks again.

Offline roadkillontheweb

• P Plates
It's a go.
Mike at Hills Mustangs and Classics has a regular monthly container shipping out and has room for my little bodies at a reasonable price the buyer in Australia just needs to get it from there or have them shipped from there.

Thanks again Trans-am :bow:

Offline Trans-Am

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:32:06 am »

No problem at all and glad to of helped...:thumb:

Cheers,

Trans-Am:cool:

Offline MAP

• P Plates
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 03:27:57 pm »
Hey Roadkillontheweb,

Can you tell me where these Jr will be available in Aus?

Cheers,
MAP

Offline roadkillontheweb

• P Plates
Quote from: MAP link=topic=14472.msg147739#msg147739
Hey Roadkillontheweb,

Can you tell me where these Jr will be available in Aus?

Cheers,
MAP

I am not setting up a vendor in Australia just setting up a way of getting them shipped there economically. This will allow me to get them to Sydney and the buyer will have to get them to their house from there. Everything arranged in advance of course. I am sure Mike does not want them to sit around his shop for long.

I am a one man operation here, this is something I do in my garage and I make a lot of parts sitting on my couch in the living room also. No big time operation.

I use greyhound freight to ship them around the states and I believe Greyhound Bus lines in Australia also offers freight service there?