Shermatt International- The good, The bad and the ugly

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Shermatt International- The good, The bad and the ugly  (Read 64887 times)

Offline Red 66

• Worked
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 10:09:31 pm »
Hey Matt just got back from the Canberra show,didn't take my car
across but took Rob's convertible over for the weekend and did some
fabulous cruising. Nothing but compliments about the car so you can
put both him and I down as very satisfied customers.

Thanks again Barry :thumb::thumb:

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 10:20:19 pm »
yes you did cruise and were more then happy to intise caring punters into the vert no matter what you say :smile01: and she was still smiling talking about her ride this evening over dinner

[/quote]

nice car Matt, good find:cool:

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 11:50:54 pm »
Quote from: Chopper link=topic=13802.msg141799#msg141799
Quote from: BLKPNY link=topic=13802.msg141792#msg141792
I'm jealous Chopper..... That Vert was almost mine.....

Sorry BLKPNY but timing is everything, no hard feeling i hope.
my shout.
Chopper

BLKPNY

I think I had 5 people wanting that car

Chopper is just a very convincing person. He worked the Fatkid daily untill I said yes.

Allthough it has dragged on, I have had alot of fun building it and were almost done

As for the unknows, yes, there have been a few and Im hit with one on Friday. Has to go back into paint...I wasnt happy with the overall finish so Im dropping it back this morning

Please dont hold it against me, that Chopper is a SHNEAKY PLICK :rol::rol::rol:

Matt

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 07:21:06 am »
I'm not surprised!
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline Chopper

• Thoroughbred
  • vic MOCA number 2177
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 07:39:24 am »
Quote from: Shermatt link=topic=13802.msg141948#msg141948
Quote from: Chopper link=topic=13802.msg141799#msg141799
Quote from: BLKPNY link=topic=13802.msg141792#msg141792
I'm jealous Chopper..... That Vert was almost mine.....

Sorry BLKPNY but timing is everything, no hard feeling i hope.
my shout.
Chopper

BLKPNY

I think I had 5 people wanting that car

Chopper is just a very convincing person. He worked the Fatkid daily untill I said yes.

Allthough it has dragged on, I have had alot of fun building it and were almost done

As for the unknows, yes, there have been a few and Im hit with one on Friday. Has to go back into paint...I wasnt happy with the overall finish so Im dropping it back this morning

Please dont hold it against me, that Chopper is a SHNEAKY PLICK :rol::rol::rol:

Matt

Hey not so much the SHNEAKY:cool:
If life gives you lemons make lemonade

Offline davo65

• Stallion
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 10:58:52 pm »

Quote from: davo65 link=topic=9983.msg141286#msg141286

Maybe it's time for the fine upstanding person who procured the car and so-called "restoration/restomod" for you to make a donation towards your new paint job, and in the process, restore some credibility. Apologies if he/she has already done the right thing by you.
davo65

Matt, please allow me to apologise. There are two sides to every story, and I have now read both (I only just stumbled upon this thread tonight). As I suggested in my original post as partially quoted above, I missed the lead up to removal of the original "Casper" thread. So apart from the progressive photos that (as someone else suggested in this thread) showed that the Eleanor "project" was going to end in tears, I wasn't aware of the shoe string budget provided to you (or as you say, the "Mexicans") for the so-called restoration/resto-mod or the fact that you didn't actually sell him the car. When you responded by saying he should have spent the $7k in the first place, I started to realise I should have just kept my mouth shut. You do get what you pay for!

As someone who has restored a locally purchased basket case into a properly restored '65 A Code Fastback that I am proud to show and drive, I understand the importance of patience (the shell was with my panel beater/painter for 2 years) and great cost it takes to achieve it. I even did all the disassembly and reassembly work myself!

Anyway, I am just finishing my slice of "humble pie". Another lesson learnt.

Cheers,

Michael (davo65)

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2011, 12:09:55 am »
Michael

No need for an appolgie mate as I wasnt having a crack at anyone but I do appreciate the fact you took the time to write it

Hope you had fun with your project.

I love building them but as you well know now, a project is exactly what it is and normally on a greater scale than you can imagine. There 40 years old and once you strip them back to steel you can see exactly how much love they have had

Thanks for the reply

Matt

Offline mjb0015

• Worked
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2011, 12:01:49 am »
Hey everyone, its been a while since I have posted on this forum, after reading this thread, I feel I need to say this.
 I am getting a 65 A code GT through Matt, Top Bloke, couldn't find a nicer and more genuine person to deal with. Matt has been so professional in his dealings with me, his communication, information, positive attitude and making you feel reassured that he has everything in control, allows me to sleep well at night knowing that from his end things are being taken care of. And the amount of photo/video footage that he provides is exceptional.
So for anyone considering the daunting task of buying a car from the US, Matt would be the person I recommend, to help you find the right car.
Sh*t sounds like I'm working for him.
I am looking forward to seeing my GT.

mjb

Offline rattusrex

• Worked
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 09:53:02 pm »
Interesting thread, probably should be in forum chat rather than buried here. Like I keep on saying, "Be careful there are sharks out there". There are no "friends" when there's a buck involved especially when it comes to old cars. Eddie
P.S. It's nice to see the old faces come back from that other Mustang forum to speak up for their mate. Very Australian.
Click Image For Larger View

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2012, 02:53:43 pm »
I thought I'd add to this my experience with Shermatt International and a bit of info for anyone considering importing to let you know what to expect.

The Good ...

Firstly, it was pleasant dealing with Matt and Sheri and I'm really happy with the end result.

This was my first time importing, I didn't want to take risks with unknowns and after reading a few of the comments above and in other posts I kept Shermatt as an option. I followed the 'Florida Finds' for some time and when I saw one I liked decided to give Matt a call.   During our discussion I could see he knew what he was talking about and his efforts saved me a great deal of hassle. Throughout the process, he was always helpful, quick to respond, kept in touch, made it all easy and most importantly - delivered to expectation, in fact it's pretty much how he put it later on, 'be patient, it's about getting you the right car'.   

When Matt's travelling he can take a few days to reply to emails but he said if anything was urgent to give him a call, as long as he was awake (time difference) he'd answer.

Here's a rundown of how it all went:

9th November 2011.

Matt posts an ad in Florida Finds for this fastback:

VID00002

I called Matt, he sent more pics and after some research I saw an online magazine article on it as well as a few youtube clips so I sent Matt the money. 

During the process the owner gets offered 7k more at a car show and ups the price.  This was a real let-down, I wasn't prepared to pay what he was asking, Matt was on the seller's case for a few weeks and tried to bargain him back down - no go!

My concern at the time was I had such a large sum of money sitting overseas with someone I've never met and barely know.  It was a real worry, it was close to Xmas and my money's overseas without even a car in mind.

I started browsing (along with Matt) many car ads for either a mid-year Corvette or 66 Mustang, there was one close call with a 67 'vette - it looked great in the photos but luckily I found out through the Corvette forum it had been checked out, had a 15 foot paint job and everyone there said it was overpriced.  There was also a few nice dealer Mustangs which I suggested to Matt along the way.  Thankfully Matt steered me clear of them, they looked good but in his opinion were all overpriced.  We'd been sharing opinions on quite a few Mustangs and Corvettes and by that time I was starting to look forward to owning a midyear 'vette

9th January 2012.

Matt sends me these pics.

BINGO!  A great looking car at a much better price than the red one.  The interior and drive-train were also more to my taste, the last pic shows the car with bonnet stripes so it had been some time between pics. I quickly replied, 'if it's anywhere near as good as it is in the photos - buy it!'

It's not a 'vette but for my money I couldn't get a midyear of this calibre so I'm quite happy.

The Bad ...

If I could call anything bad it's not to do with Shermatt but factors and costs associated with importing.  Regardless of who you go with, it ain't cheap but having said that, after you add up all the costs you can still end up saving money compared to buying local if you buy the right car and there's a good range to choose from in the US - even less now with this one currently in Aus. :lol:.

For anyone considering importing, here's a few things to keep in mind: -

Currency fluctuation:-  Unfortunately I sent Matt the money while the AUD took a brief nose-dive.  If I'd sent the money 2 weeks either way I'd have anywhere up to $1,500 extra in my hand today    :ouch:   

I had to send it over reasonably quick not to miss out on the red fastback .... and then the owner jacks up the price?    :ouch:

Matt explained the costs involved during our first phone call, his usual fee, transporting the car from location to docks, Schumacher's shipping fee, import approval, insurance, customs, GST etc. Admittedly at the time I didn't know another company (Freightnet) took over on 'this side of the pond'. 

Travelling expenses (if required) : - if you go with any inspector and the car is not local to them you have to pay for their expenses associated with travelling. Matt explained all this beforehand.  My company pays for all my expenses when I travel for work so I know how it goes.  If you end up having an inspector do a few interstate inspections, it'll get expensive and it's best to check with Matt beforehand to make sure you know what costs you can be up for. Thankfully I got the car on first inspection.

Customs: - Another big hit is the 10% Customs GST. Note: it isn't 10% on the cost (sale price) of the car. You pay 10% GST on the CIF value that is 10% x (Cost + Insurance + Freight).  If you insure it's usually 2-3% of what you want to insure it for, I was recommended to insure for the market value in Aus. The freight component is the port to port cost charged by the shipping company.

Shipping companies: -

With some gripes about shipping fees in another thread on the forum:

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,10569.0.html 

I decided to ring around to compare prices.  Schumacher charge $1,550 for shipping and charged me $250 to de-gas the air-con. Mainfreight they say it costs $100 to degas in L.A. and they add $25 to get it done at their facility so getting back to Schumacher I asked how they justify $250 for a de-gas, they told me they have their own set price and I knew of it beforehand. True, I knew of it ... after I was locked in and paid them for shipping and it's not like I can get someone else to do it while it's in their hands. They were however kind enough to throw in a free clean of the car (it was covered in dirt when it arrived) and to waive a second online transaction fee since they billed me later for the de-gas.  I also insured through Schumacher at 2.25% of market value, some shipping companies include insurance in their price for total loss or up to a certain value so it's definitely worth shopping around for the best deal.

Freightnet's price seemed high, they get charged per container and then charge each car owner a rate per cubic metre, after a bit of negotiating they gave me some relief on their cubic metre rate and the final price was $1,712.  Add to this $200 for AQIS steam cleaning, at the docks I could still see light dirt in the engine bay and grille so I don't know if they really cleaned it but I wasn't going to point that out to them and get hit up for another clean.

I had a good chat with Lee Amour at Mainfreight, they bought out Kiwi shipping and acquired a large depot in L.A., it's run by an Aussie and they ship to Sydney Brisbane and Melbourne every 2 weeks.  They charge around $3,000 all up for shipping so I could've saved a few hundred going with them and it may have arrived a little sooner but be wary ... I've haven't read feedback from anyone that's used them.  Matt's trusts Schumacher and I've read good reviews about Schumacher/Freightnet from forum members.  Mainfreight did mention the first 3 weeks storage in L.A. is free then they charge by the week for additional storage, Schumacher didn't charge for storage in L.A.   If you go with Mainfreight and the car is held up in L.A. it could be a case of, 'what you lose on the swings you make on the roundabouts' when compared to Schumacher. 

I've seen some US car dealer ads where they claim they can ship a car to Aus. and quote a cheap price but it's only the shipping price from US port to Aus. port, add to this any trucking fees to the port and what they also don't tell you (as you can see above) is you have to pay at least that much again at an Aus. port to unload, so keep that in mind.

The Ugly ...

What I could refer to as 'the ugly' is post-purchase  ...  the waiting.

9th January 2012. Matt sends me the pics above.

13th January 2012. Matt inspects and buys the car in Denver Colorado.

26th January 2012. I receive shipment instruction from Schumacher.

Schumacher waits for the import approval to clear before they ship it.

15th March 2012 I received the import approval from Matt which was also sent to Schumacher, upon which they book the car to a container.  I'm told the container has to fill before they book it to a ship.

One hiccough, the owner of the car had the wrong VIN on the cert. of title. I could've kept hush and let it sail with the wrong VIN but I didn't want to risk it so alerted Schumacher. Matt in his wisdom applies for another import approval with correct VIN, it arrived in the meantime and didn't affect the wait (afaik) as the car was already booked to sail.  Schumacher charged $200 to get the title corrected.

Lee (Mainfreight) said that price sounds right and Schumacher did the right thing to wait for approval, if you send a car over and the approval isn't ready when it lands, you'll get charged like a wounded bull for storage in Aus. till it's approved.

9th April 2012 Ship departs Long Beach California

13th May 2012 Ship arrives in Sydney

17th May 2012 Car is unloaded by Freightnet

18th May 2012 Quarantine inspects it and states: 'soil detected underneath of car' and it costs $200 for a steam clean. It gets inspected again that day (for a fee), approved and is ready for release after I pay Freightnet's final invoice.  It's Friday the warehouse closes 3pm and I have to wait till Monday.

21st May 2012  I turn up to the warehouse with documents, once cleared I call the tow truck. We tow the car to SMS Padstow for a blue slip inspection.

As I drive into the sunset...

Both the tow truck driver and Chris at SMS said the Mustang is the best one they've seen to come straight off the docks. Another guy was picking up his black 65 fastback at the docks at the same time, we got speaking and the US sale price on his was $500 more than mine, the rear quarters are bogged (at least), interior not as good, no mods apart from Foose wheels. Don't get me wrong it's a great looking car.  He bought his off ebay un-inspected and sure, I paid more on top for Matt's inspection, services, advice, etc. but I know which car I'd rather any day.  His car was stock as a rock and he got his blue slip straight up.  Not the case for me, there's some modifications so I've got a few hurdles to jump before this pony can be set free.

There's arguments about buying local vs. imported, personally I did like the choice and prices of cars in the US, all up this was a great learning experience for me and it was fun window shopping for US cars.   It seemed so easy at first I even entertained the thought of updating with a new classic car each year but finding the right car can take quite some time and the long wait to get it here, compliance, etc. makes that dream a little unrealistic.  Also the car Matt got me is stunning, everyone who's seen it is impressed and it sounds killer! I think I'll stick with this one for a while.  I'm still a little hooked on browsing so who knows, maybe every few years?  :lol:

Those keen to see more, Matt's inspection video, pics and details about my car here:

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,18004.0.html

Closing credits...

Would I recommend Shermatt International?

Certainly!

I wouldn't have got this car without them.

After such a long slog getting it here it's finally in my garage and a big thank you goes to Matt and Sheri for making it happen.

s
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:40:20 pm by StephenSLR »

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »
In keeping my 2 cents worth short and sweet –

I can only speak of our experience and also recommend their services “based on our own experience”.

We had a very simular experience as StephenSLR. l too engaged Matt & Sheri (approx 2 years ago) to track down a good daily driver convertible for me & my wife to enjoy. …(OK – more me then her…but she loves it almost as much as l do !!)

In all honesty, we have not looked back since.....and totally love what the end result has turned out to be.

sure - I have since poured a few $K (OK a lot of dosh) in to my car since getting it, but don’t regret it one little bit.

I'm sure I will spend many more dollars on it as we go ---- That’s the key …you have to expect to do this !!

The way I look at it,  is this:

A. I got more than I paid for in the beginning - even though the car had a few issues ( what 44 year old car doesn't) – maybe I was just very lucky that it had nothing too serious ??

B. Everything that I have done to my car since - just ads my little signature to what it has now become. So no regrets !!

I love getting it out on the weekends for a cruise and hate it when we can’t get it out !!

My wife & I are now looking forward to catching up with Matt & Sheri in person later this year when we travel to the USA. ....we consider them to be part of our Mustang family.

Finally – my recommendation is to keep all options open when purchasing a car regardless of where you purchase …USA/ OR HERE---- but most of all never be stupid enough to buy sight unseen --- always use someone you feel you can trust to give it an independant evaluation!!

:agree:

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
Re: Shermatt International- The good, The bad and the ugly
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »
A big 2 thumbs up from me.

Matt and Sheri just organised a car out of the USA and the transaction was very smooth.
They gave me detailed shots of the car and every part of it, including any marks or scratches.
They negotiated the price and saves us quite a bit.

After the purchase, the continuing communication was nothing short of outstanding.
Matt and Sheri organised everything.
They really do make sure the customer is looked after.
I got photos of the car being picked up to be transported to California.

I then got emails from Schumacher with tracking details and photos of the car at their warehouse.
As soon as it left I got the bill of lading.
Within a day, Freightnet in Victoria contacted me.
I advised them I was going to be away from a certain date and asked if they could have the papework sorted before I leave.
It was all done right on time and they were very efficient.

Throughout this time, Matt and Sheri were always in contact.

The time from when I bought the car and it was ready for pick up in Melbourne was around 9 weeks.
Bloody quick in my opinion.

Mat and Sheri made the process very simple and were nothing short of a pleasure the deal with.
I highly recommend them.
They gave me every receipt of every expense for the trip to inspect the car.
It was well worth it for peace of mind knowing the car had a good checking over as we all know pictures can be decieving.

Thanks Matt and Sheri for organising our car.
Your friendly service and sharp organising skills made the whole process a pleasure.
I can't recommend Shermatt highly enough.

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:30 pm »
 Are you ready to let the cat out of the bag yet Thirsty??? So what did you buy? :toetapping:

Offline Equip 2000

• Thoroughbred
  • MOCAVIC Member # 2389
  • Name: Lucky
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 09:29:13 pm »
Hey Thirsty, this new cat, that is in the bag.
Will we see it at the Round Up ???

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 11:41:41 pm »
C'mon Thirsty. What is it? :toetapping:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 11:50:30 am »
Thanks for your interest guys.
I will sort out some pics on another thread when I get some time as, I dont want this thread to vere off topic.

cheers

Kind Regards,
John

Offline pegasus

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2012, 03:19:34 pm »
I'll let you's know, My car landed in Freo on the 7th with no paper work and the brokers are asking me for it, Which I don't have and Matt isn't answering my e-mails ???????
With enough Time and Money almost anything is possible

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2012, 03:26:12 pm »
with no paper work and the brokers are asking me for it

You didn't receive it all via email?  All my papers were emailed to me prior and you have to print this out and bring it with you to the docks.

The paperwork won't come with the car, there is a bit of to and fro emailing and printing paperwork from the shipping company (Freightnet in my case) who won't be there on the docks either and you have to pay them off as well as AQIS and bring all that paperwork as well before it will be released.

Matt isn't answering my e-mails ???????

When Matt's travelling he can take a few days to reply to emails but he said if anything was urgent to give him a call, as long as he was awake (time difference) he'd answer.

Try him on the phone.

s
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:30:25 pm by StephenSLR »

Offline pegasus

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »
The only thing I got E-mailed was the invoice for the shipping cost from Schumachers, The brokers are asking me for,

1.     Import approval for Department of Infrastructure
2.     Freight account from Schumacher Cargo Logistics
3.     Invoice for the payment made for the Air Conditioner degass
4.     Bill of sale/purchase invoice for the vehicle 

And I wont be collecting anything from the docks/customs as I live 1700km away from Freo.
Last time I called Matt about 4 weeks ago{ about somthing eles] he was busy and said he would call back, he must still be busy.....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:31:03 pm by pegasus »

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2012, 06:58:33 pm »
Hi Pegasus, Schumacher will have sent you an invoice and proof of payment of their fees. With my car this was all emailed to me and I forwarded this on to Freightnet at this end. Did you have Schumacher perform the degassing? As for the approval and bill of sale I guess you can only get this from Matt but it's probably worth checking with Schumacher to see if they also have a copy of it. I believe Schumacher posted the original bill of sale and approval directly to Freightnet as I received this in the mail from them a couple of weeks after I had the car. I hope you can get it all sorted quickly.

Offline pegasus

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2012, 07:59:40 pm »
I'm sure we'll get there in the end, But I have the worst luck when it comes to cars,  I must of smashed a mirror over a gypsy's head whilst standing under a ladder and stepping on a black cat in the process, In a former life, in 20+ years, nothing every really go's right for me car wise...
It would be just my luck some wharfy in L.A. Has stashed 10kg of coke in the car, and the car will get impounded as evidence for the next 4 years, then I'LL get a bill for 100K for impound/storage fees to get it back.... after the CSI boys have stripped it to a shell looking for anything else and have since lost halve of the bits...

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »

It would be just my luck some wharfy in L.A. Has stashed 10kg of coke in the car

Terry...under the back seat on the passengers side mate  :thumb:
Just kiddin wid ya

On another note...we took care of this weeks ago and got ANOTHER email yesterday CC'd to about 100 other people asking the SAME thing again.

I clicked reply ALL saying WTF. (not really but I wanted too) Sheri then replied ALL with all the details as the email I received they had sent freightnet the wrong import approval for 3 camaros saying "Here it is"....Im like...WTF?? again

Shoot me a quick email again and I will get all this off to you. (Sheri sent this to you about a week ago) As for the Degas...schumacher have the copy of this)

Gives a call if ya want...been up since 3.30 so I could use a good talking too from T-rex

Matt

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »
A big 2 thumbs up from me.

Matt and Sheri just organised a car out of the USA and the transaction was very smooth.
They gave me detailed shots of the car and every part of it, including any marks or scratches.
They negotiated the price and saves us quite a bit.

After the purchase, the continuing communication was nothing short of outstanding.
Matt and Sheri organised everything.
They really do make sure the customer is looked after.
I got photos of the car being picked up to be transported to California.

I then got emails from Schumacher with tracking details and photos of the car at their warehouse.
As soon as it left I got the bill of lading.
Within a day, Freightnet in Victoria contacted me.
I advised them I was going to be away from a certain date and asked if they could have the papework sorted before I leave.
It was all done right on time and they were very efficient.

Throughout this time, Matt and Sheri were always in contact.

The time from when I bought the car and it was ready for pick up in Melbourne was around 9 weeks.
Bloody quick in my opinion.

Mat and Sheri made the process very simple and were nothing short of a pleasure the deal with.
I highly recommend them.
They gave me every receipt of every expense for the trip to inspect the car.
It was well worth it for peace of mind knowing the car had a good checking over as we all know pictures can be decieving.

Thanks Matt and Sheri for organising our car.
Your friendly service and sharp organising skills made the whole process a pleasure.
I can't recommend Shermatt highly enough.

Thanks for the kind words mate.

Patience paid off big time on this one. I hope you and Bec are enjoying your new ##########. Say happy Birthday to Chloe from Sheri and myself

When are you going to let the cat out of your bags?  :lmao:
I want photos of what you said you were going to do YEAH?

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 08:40:07 pm »
I believe Schumacher posted the original bill of sale and approval directly to Freightnet as I received this in the mail from them a couple of weeks after I had the car.

Ah yes, I did actually receive the orig. cert. of title and some documents, I think it was from Frieghtnet.

Yeah the degas, etc. all has to be paid before it's released and I email forwarded all the invoice receipts from Schumacher to Frieghtnet.

Matt had emailed me the bill of sale and import approval and I just printed them, it was pretty simple.

If there's more than one car on the import approval you only need a copy because there's only one original approval and they can't give say 5 of you the original.

s

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2012, 08:45:11 pm »
Just kiddin wid ya

Yep, that was in my car.

:lol:

s