Club Permit

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Club Permit  (Read 83920 times)

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Re: Club Permit
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »
I had a car presented the other day with modifications outside VSI 8.  These mods were completed in the USA and the RWC was obtained here.  No one had officially inspected the mods and cars on the scheme are meant to be presented in original condition.

Have a read of Vic Roads, Vehicle Standard Information sheet No. 8 (VSI 8) to make sure your car does not exceed those standards or an engineers report will be required prior to authorisation to go on the scheme.

http://www.victoriapolice4wdclub.org.au/Notices/VSI%20No%208%20Guide%20to%20modifications%20for%20motor%20vehicles.pdf

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2013, 11:02:08 pm »
Someone wanted some info on Victorian Club permits....  I've tried to get it living again.  Have a read of the whole thread and if you have anymore questions, give me a yell...

Offline mattstruck

• Thoroughbred
  • MOCA Vic member
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2013, 07:29:58 pm »
Finally found this thread!
Do you need an engine number to get Vic club permit??
Capitalisation: Its the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off the horse
and
Helping your uncle jack off the horse.

MOCV member.

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2013, 08:36:04 pm »
No I didn't. You do need a RWC and my mechanic was reluctant to give me one, but I rang Vicroads and was told to put 'no number' in the box where it normally goes.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2013, 09:42:24 pm »
Matt, the club has a policy similar to that required by full reg.  If it hasn't got an engine number then VicRoads will issue a VP number or alot I have seen have the last set of VIN numbers attached.  Its only the early models that will be a problem and a new stamped number is pretty easy to do.

Think of it from the other end.  If your car was stolen and you have no number, then the engine and maybe the car can never be recovered. 

On top of that if we start neglecting to record our engine numbers the companys that insure our rides will determine them to be more of a risk and premiums will go up.  Better we have a number recorded and insurance kept low.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 07:28:19 pm »
I had a car presented the other day with modifications outside VSI 8.  These mods were completed in the USA and the RWC was obtained here.  No one had officially inspected the mods and cars on the scheme are meant to be presented in original condition.

Have a read of Vic Roads, Vehicle Standard Information sheet No. 8 (VSI 8) to make sure your car does not exceed those standards or an engineers report will be required prior to authorisation to go on the scheme.

http://www.victoriapolice4wdclub.org.au/Notices/VSI%20No%208%20Guide%20to%20modifications%20for%20motor%20vehicles.pdf

I'm still getting more and more calls about cars coming in from the states that have been modified and never registered here or in other states for whatever reason.  Be very careful in buying them as not all cars are allowed so easy on the scheme, even if you have been offered one with a RWC. 

Check the VSI before buying any car offered for sale that has never been registered before. 

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »
We have been flat out with signing on new cars and cars that were under full rego to this new scheme and there still seems to be alot of questions being asked regarding the process to get it.  Contact either myself, Graham or Joe from the Club if after reading this thread you are need any further info.

At first instance, whether your car is unregistered or currently registered then you will need to obtain a roadworthy certificate for it which is good for 30 days from the date of issue.  You will then need to contact one of us to book the scheme inspection date and time.  If you are not yet a member, your membership will need to be tabled for 30 days before you have any club rights so don't rush in with your RWC or it may expire before you are able to apply for the scheme.

At the inspection we will then check the vehicle, VIN and engine numbers, stamp your completed VicRoads scheme application form (available on VicRoads website) and complete the contract between yourself and the club regarding the use of the permit.  We will need to see you current club lanyard as you need to be a financial member.  If the vehicle has not been registered before then we will need to sight your Import (DOTARS) approval.  The use of the vehicle and log book will be explained to you.   

After the completion of the inspection the paperwork can then be taken to VicRoads for the issue of Club Permit Scheme stickers, Log Book and 2 plates.  You will not need to take the car to VicRoads and there is no stamp duty to be paid.  You do not need to make an appointment for registration, which is normally $48.00. 

We will need to know the number issued to your vehicle so that your contract can be issued to you.  The cost for 90 days use including log book and plates is about $132.

Each year you will need to renew your permit with a co-ordinator's approval but you will not be required to attend an inspection or RWC for this.  Annual inspections will be conducted at club events such as runs and shows etc.  You need to hold a current club membership for the club scheme plates to be valid.

The plates issued to you from VicRoads are the plates in which you must attach to the front and rear of the car.  Sticker or manufactured plates are not allowed which are now starting to appear.

It is a simple process and many members have found the reward in costs and flexibility that the system provides.

Remember to inform your insurer that you are on the scheme as insurance will be cheaper than normal.

If you have read the Q&A information above and you think it might be for you and you still have any further questions regarding our Club Permit Scheme you should contact either Graham FOLWEL (9752 9081) East , Craig McKENZIE (0417 561 246) East or Joe BORG (9743 7438) West suburbs who are our Club Permit Scheme officers for Victoria.

Offline Chopper

• Thoroughbred
  • vic MOCA number 2177
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2013, 08:04:30 pm »
Also members be informed that vicroads are slow to take payment from your credit card  :toetapping:, I posted on Tuesday 2nd April and still has not processed ( it cost me a trip to all American day).
If challenged by the thin blue line or you have an accident I don't think the check is in the mail will cut it. :nopity:
Chopper
If life gives you lemons make lemonade

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2013, 09:07:01 pm »
I did hear that VicRoads had commissioned out the scheme to someone else to handle all the paperwork etc. 

If it was me, i'd be walking into VicRoads myself and paying across the counter and making sure the book sticker is stamped with the payment date. 

Offline equus

• Stallion
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2013, 10:46:20 am »
Hi
 Not sure if this is a substantiated rumor or only someones dream but i have heard from 2  independent persons( i.e not in the same circle of acquaintances)) that the powers that be were /are contemplating allowing custom plates on the club permit scheme.

Anyone else heard about this.

Feel free to move this if in wrong section..

rob

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2013, 11:24:56 am »
Hi
 Not sure if this is a substantiated rumor or only someones dream but i have heard from 2  independent persons( i.e not in the same circle of acquaintances)) that the powers that be were /are contemplating allowing custom plates on the club permit scheme.

Anyone else heard about this.

Feel free to move this if in wrong section..

rob

There are also rumors going around that the club scheme will go to personalised plates.  I have not heard this from any offical area and it has not come from the AOMC.  Going onto the scheme means that you display club permit plates that are easily identifiable by law enforcement and subject to log book rules etc. 

Sorry to kill these rumors, but I can not see it happening to the scheme - which is not registration.

People would like to think that this will happen if they talk about it enough, but sorry to say it won't happen.  Please remember it is not registration, but a permit that is controlled through club membership.  The plates and log books are there so that it can be identified and controlled as required.  How could this happen if you used unidentified personised plates?

Go back to the person/s you heard it from and find out where it started and you'll get your answer.

Offline equus

• Stallion
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2013, 12:29:14 pm »

thank you

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2013, 10:48:19 pm »
Just refreshing this thread and making sure that no one is having any problems with their Club Scheme issued plate renewals?

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2013, 11:24:15 pm »
Thanks for the reminder Macka, mine is actually due next week. Almost forgot, haven't had the car out for ages.

If anyone is considering club reg but is worried about the limited usage, it's actually quite hard to reach 90 days. I've only used around 55 days in a year.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2013, 12:26:33 am »
It seems that VicRoads has improved their production and sending renewals out now with plenty of notice for signing and paying throughout the year. 

Make sure if you have a car on club scheme plates that your current club membership is also paid up and valid.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2013, 08:54:49 pm »
I am expecting to get my car back from the paint shop late next week or early the week after and as soon as I get it back I will be working like mad to get it roadworthy and rego'ed by the end of the first week of October at the absolute latest.
I intend to have it on the CPS and I already have my membership number and lanyard. (Although I am yet to receive the card, I only have the temporary card at the moment.) I am confident I know what has to happen before I can start cruising and I've got a plan on how to get there..

My only question is;
What sort of lead times should I expect to have for the club inspection? A few days? A week? Two weeks?.. Longer?

I am about 40 minutes N/W of Melbourne and I really don't care how far I have to drive the car for a club inspection so that I can get it all sorted well in time for the roundup in October.
It's probably still about a month or so away from getting a RWC.. I just don't want to get it roadworthy and ready for a CPS officer's sign-off, only to find out nobody can do it for me because I had to get a booking organised a week or two in advance.
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2013, 11:08:27 pm »
JT, I am on the Eastern side of town as is Graham.  I'll only need a day or so notice. 

Joe BORG is on the Western side and should be able to help you out, try him first.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2013, 11:13:33 pm »
JT, I am on the Eastern side of town as is Graham.  I'll only need a day or so notice. 

Joe BORG is on the Western side and should be able to help you out, try him first.

Ok, thanks, Macka!  :thumb:
As I said, I just don't want to get it ready for the inspection only to find out I can't get the papers signed off before the unregistered vehicle permit expires because I didn't give enough notice.
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2013, 06:39:11 pm »
Quick question;
Are the CPS officers also the 'safety scrutinisers' who can write a statement of safety / who should I contact about organising a safety inspection?

JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2013, 07:58:56 pm »
 All you need is a RWC and a Club Permit Application Form (download from Vic Roads)  and then present your car to a Club Permit member.  They will inspect your car and sign your application form, you also sign a contract with the club.  The RWC and they Club Permit Application Form are then taken to Vic Roads, they don't need to see the car, For a 90 day permit its $136 All up and they give you the plates and log book on the spot.  The "statement of safety" is not used by MOCA Vic.  The RWC serves this purpose.  Some clubs issue a "statement of safety" for each car they check, this statement of safety is then presented to vic roads instead of a RWC.  The statement of safety is not used by many clubs as it places all the responsibility for the safety and roadworthiness onto the club permit officer.  With the RWC the responsibility lies with the Roadworthy tester

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »
Jt, alot of clubs in the scheme are now, as the Vic MOCA club does is require that a roadworthy is conducted by a licensed examiner.  This takes any legal ramifications away from the club or someone from within a club who signs a vehicle off.  This would come into play if the vehicle was for some reason come under the microscope by the law or the coroner as to why a standard wasn't met or a modification made which was not within the scope of the scheme. 

There will be changes soon for the scheme where all cars going on the scheme after 1939 will require a RWC anyway and photos will also need to be taken and stored by the club recording the cars presently kept condition. 

For production of the car, I am on the Eastern side of town as is Graham.  I'll only need a day or so notice.  Joe BORG is on the Western side and should be able to help you out, try him first.
Graham FOLWEL (9752 9081) East , Craig McKENZIE (0417 561 246) East or Joe BORG (9743 7438) West suburbs

Have a read of the full thread if you need more or give us a ring.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2013, 11:16:33 pm »
Alot of clubs in the scheme are now, as the Vic MOCA club does is require that a roadworthy is conducted by a licensed examiner. This takes any legal ramifications away from the club or someone from within a club who signs a vehicle off.  This would come into play if the vehicle was for some reason come under the microscope by the law or the coroner as to why a standard wasn't met or a modification made which was not within the scope of the scheme.

Ok, thanks.. :thumb:
That makes sense, I was just hoping to be able to save a bit of time by bypassing a roadworthy inspection and instead having the car inspected once, by someone within the club when the paperwork was signed off, rather than having to get a roadworthy check and then club inspection... Oh well! :nopity:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2013, 12:37:06 am »
We'll inspect the car and make sure whats being presented is true and correct for the paperwork being signed off, stamped and submitted. 

It also saves you having to go to VicRoads which you would normally have to do for registration and that booking fee would be another $48. 

Its an easy process and one that doesn't take very long at all.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2013, 10:55:57 pm »

Q25. I attend various car shows and displays on behalf of my employer. My vehicle is on the CPS and is displayed with advertising at the Trade Stall of my employer. Is this permitted?
A. The “no commercial use” requirement refers to carrying loads or passengers for commercial gain. VicRoads policy does not prohibit vehicles being painted and operated, or used as static advertisement, to promote a business. (Revised 1.2.2011)

Q26. I have purchased an unregistered 26 year old LHD vehicle from overseas. What paperwork is needed to put my vehicle on the Club Permit Scheme?
A. See answer 23 above. Also, if there is no evidence of the vehicle previously being registered in Australia, then you may be required to supply an Engineer's Report attesting that it meets the relevant Australian standards. The vehicle may need to be presented for inspection at VicRoads.

Q27. Our club has signed an agreement with VicRoads to operate under the scheme. It requires the club to advise VicRoads of unfinancial members. Does this mean all unfinancial members or only those with CPS vehicles?
A. Only those unfinancial members with CPS vehicles managed by your club.

Q28. Under our present Club constitution unfinancial members do not cease to be members until after 3 months from the end of the club's financial year. When must we advise VicRoads?
A. In the above mentioned example at the end of the financial year plus 3 months. However as some clubs may have differing rules in relation to membership, VicRoads needs to be notified when the club concerned considers the permit holder to no longer be a club member. (Revised 1.2.2011)

Q29. I used to operate a transport business. I have since retired and the company has been wound up. I have retained some of my early trucks which are still sign written with my company name. Can I keep the signage on the vehicles if they are on the CPS?
A. Yes, see Answer 25 above. (Revised 1.2.2011)

Q30. Are annual roadworthiness inspections of CPS vehicles required?
A. No, VicRoads do not require annual roadworthy inspections. Clubs may carry out annual inspections as a condition of membership.

Q31. Who is to be responsible in our club for managing our club permit vehicles?
A. In the first instance, your club Committee is responsible. It is recommended that the committee appoint a "Registrar" or "Permit Officer" who shall be authorised to sign off new club permit applications and renewals confirming the applicant is a financial member of the club. He/she shall also keep records of those vehicles on the CPS in the club that can be audited, if so requested by VicRoads. The signature(s) of those club official(s) authorised to sign off on a club permit must be registered with VicRoads.

Q32. Why must our Club Permit Officer sight the Roadworthy Certificate (RWC) or club Attestation of Safety for a new application for a club permit?
A. This is intended to preclude the possibility of an applicant submitting a false Attestation of Safety to VicRoads (where a vehicle might not otherwise pass a RWC).

Q33. Must my trailer be fully registered when towed by a CPS vehicle?
A. Reference to a VicRoads leaflet on trailers states:

The Road Safety Act requires most trailers to be registered to be allowed on public roads. Exceptions to this are: small trailers which are not boat trailers and are not used for commercial purposes, and which weigh less than 200 kg unloaded, are less than 3.0 m overall length (including any load) and are narrower than the towing vehicle. All trailers must have a number plate on the back. Trailers not registered with their own plate must use the number of the towing vehicle. (New 2.2.11)

Q34. Only a single number plate is normally issued for Veteran and Vintage vehicles; where should it be placed?
A. The location of a single CPS plate is not defined by VicRoads but the AOMC recommends that it be attached to the rear of the vehicle. This is consistent with the use of a Trade Plate.

Q35. I plan to purchase a vehicle (which is on full registration at present) and put it onto the CPS. Can I transfer the ownership from the previous owner direct to the CPS and avoid paying Stamp Duty?
A. Yes. You can transfer direct to CPS without incurring Stamp Duty (CPS vehicles are not required to pay Stamp Duty) providing the vehicle meets the CPS requirements (age, new owner is a member of a Vic roads Authorised Club) and a Roadworthy Certificate, sighted by the Club registrar, (or Club approval letter) is submitted with the application. Note that the first owner should cancel the registration (and claim any credits) and the second owner will then place the unregistered vehicle on the CPS.

Q36. How should the logbook be filled in when I drive the CPS vehicle in the morning to an event and my partner drives it home later?
A. Only the first signature is needed for the day. Subsequent drivers (eg. repair shop) are not required to fill in an entry. If travel extends into the next day (past midnight) a new day entry is required. (Updated 22.10.12)

Q37. Can a financial member of a CPS club transfer their CPS vehicle to another CPS club if required?
A. Yes. Normally this could be done at renewal time by deleting the club noted on the renewal form and inserting the proposed club and having the "new" club authorize the renewal before payment at VicRoads. In the event of a change being required at another time, the owner should approach the proposed club (of which they are already a member) to request the change. A letter to VicRoads from the "new" club's CPS Officer / Secretary detailing the change, with supporting information, should allow the member to obtain a revised CPS logbook insert to be fixed to the inside front cover from VicRoads. As this is an administrative change only and the vehicle is already in the CPS with the same owner there should not be a requirement for a club inspection or Roadworthy Certificate. The "old" club would need to advise VicRoads of the deletion of the CPS vehicle from "old" club listing.

Q38. I plan to put my Dual fuel (petrol/LPG) vehicle on the CPS. The LPG system is an aftermarket installation. Is this possible and what are the requirements?
A. Yes. The Roadworthy Inspection requirements, required by the majority of vehicle clubs for entry into the CPS, cover LPG installations (sections F, J & K of VicRoads VIS Bulletin 26) and, in turn, cover this situation. (Added 1.12.2011)

Q39. I am repainting my truck prior to putting it on the CPS. Do I need to have the Tare & Gross ratings stated on the vehicle?
A. No. The requirement to have vehicle mass ratings shown on the vehicle was deleted from the regulations some time ago. (The vehicle certification plate, if applicable, shows vehicle ratings) (Added 1.12.2011)

Q40. A club member has put his vehicle back on full registration after being on the CPS. What should happen to the Club Permit number plates, do they have to be returned to VicRoads?
A. Return of number plates to VicRoads is not mandatory but is recommended to prevent future incorrect or illegal use. This should be by the holder of plates. It should be noted that CPS plates are not assigned to an individual or club, they remain the property of VicRoads. Note that Refunds are not available for club permits if the period for which the permit was obtained has commenced. (Added 1.12.2011, revised 26.1.12)

Q41. What arrangements are in place to allow cross border membership?
e.g. A member of a Victorian CPS club is resident in New South Wales and wishes to have entry to the NSW Conditional Registration Scheme for an eligible vehicle garaged in NSW.
A. The Victorian club/branch should apply to the NSW Road Traffic Authority (now titled Roads and Maritime Services) for entry onto the NSW Historic Conditional Registration Scheme. This requires supply of the (Association’s) Incorporation Number, Club constitution and other items to RTA to attain authorisation. Clubs should be aware of the differences in eligible vehicle age and use between Victorian & NSW.
Similarly, VicRoads require that interstate clubs be authorised by them to allow Victorian members of NSW clubs with eligible vehicles garaged in Victoria to operate under the Victorian CPS. (Added 26.1.12)

Q42. Which VicRoads offices have CPS plates available on site?
A. Vic roads advise the following offices keep plates in stock. Other offices will have to submit applications and have plates posted. Bendigo, Broadmeadows, Bundoora, Burwood, Carlton, Frankston, Geelong, Mildura, Morwell, Sunshine, Warrnambool, Wodonga. (Added 27.1.12)

If you have read the Q&A information above and you think it might be for you and you still have any further questions regarding our Club Permit Scheme you should contact either;

Graham FOLWEL (9752 9081) East , Craig McKENZIE (0417 561 246  ) East or

Joe BORG (9743 7438) West suburbs who are our Club Permit Scheme officers.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2013, 10:58:50 pm »
Thanks to Joe B. for reminding me the AOMC has updated its Q&A Club Scheme info.  Its now on the MOCA Vic site and hopefully may help club members out.

First of all, welcome to a great club with like minded people who love their Mustangs. Being a club member, you will be entitled to obtain Victorian Logbook Club Permit Scheme plates for your car if it is 25 years or older. The club will only take on new cars to the scheme if you own a Mustang. Hopefully, this information package should assist you in working out whether the scheme is for you and the procedures required by you.

At first instance, whether your car is unregistered or currently registered then you will need to obtain a roadworthy certificate which is good for 30 days from the date of issue.  You will then need to contact one of the scheme officers to book the scheme inspection date and time.  If you are not yet a member, your membership will need to be tabled for 30 days before you have any club rights, so don't rush in with your RWC or it may expire before you are able to apply for the scheme.

At the inspection we will then check the vehicle, VIN and engine numbers, stamp your completed VicRoads scheme application form (available on VicRoads website) and complete the contract between yourself and the club regarding the use of the permit which will include that you keep the car in a roadworthy condition and that you attend at least four functions throughout the year. We will need to see you current club lanyard as you need to be a financial member.  If the vehicle has not been registered before then we will need to sight your Import (DOTARS) approval or sight previous registration records. The use of the vehicle and log book will be explained to you.   If your vehicle is modified have a read of Vic Roads, Vehicle Standard Information sheet No. 8 (VSI 8) to make sure your car does not exceed those standards or an engineers report will be required prior to authorisation to go on the scheme.

After inspection, your paperwork can then be taken to VicRoads for the issue of Club Permit Scheme log book, stickers, and 2 plates.  You will not need to take the car to VicRoads and there is no stamp duty to be paid.  You do not need to make an appointment for registration, which is another saving of $48.00. 

The plates issued to you from VicRoads are the plates in which you must attach to the front and rear of the car.  Sticker or manufactured plates are not allowed. You will need to contact your inspection officer with plate numbers after they have been issued to your vehicle so that our database can be updated and your contract can be supplied to you.  Your log book will be issued to you with a label for the windscreen and a registration certificate to be attached inside your log book. The cost for 90 days use for one year including log book and plates is about $132.   45 days is also offered.

Each year you will need to renew your permit with a co-ordinator's approval but you will not be required to attend an inspection or RWC for this.  Annual inspections will be conducted at club events such as runs and shows etc throughout the year.  You need to hold a current club membership for the club scheme plates to be valid so annual subscriptions will need to be paid up before the end of June each year.

It is a simple process and many members have found the reward in costs and flexibility that the system provides. Given the significant benefits and modest fees, users of the scheme must consider it a privilege rather than a right. So please, don’t abuse it.

Remember to inform your insurer that you are on the scheme and a Mustang Owners Club of Aust. Member.  The insurance should be cheaper than normal.  Shannons is our recommended insurer.   

Frequently Asked Questions on the Victorian Logbook Club Permit Scheme
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following questions and answers have been prepared by the AOMC Executive from issues and questions raised in general forum with Victoria Police and VicRoads over a long period..

The Title of " Victorian Logbook Club Permit Scheme" refers to a series of changes introduced by VicRoads to take effect on 1 February 2011. The regulations: Road Safety (Vehicles) Amendment (Club Permit) Regulations 2010 under which the Scheme operates, may be downloaded from the AOMC web site in text form. Refer also to the instructions provided with your logbook.

The Victorian Logbook Club Permit Scheme is administered by VicRoads under the VicRoads Business Rules. Victoria Police ensures compliance with the scheme.

Some issues of the Scheme may not be specifically addressed in the Regulations and VicRoads Business Rules and so may be open to the subjective interpretation and consequently fall within a "grey area".

As a consequence, where the interpretation is unclear, the AOMC recommends that the permit holder take a conservative position !!

Given the significant benefits and modest fees, users of the scheme must consider it a privilege rather than a right. Abuse of the scheme could result in far reaching implications to the individual, their club and the Permit Scheme in general, such as:

Fines for driving an unregistered vehicle, or
Loss of your individual Club Permit, or
Loss of your club's authority to operate the Club Permit Scheme, or
Cancellation of the Club Permit Scheme for all enthusiasts.

Because of the above implications, the club requires you to undergo a contract before your club scheme will be issued to your vehicle. You will be required to attend at least four events throughout the year.

The introduction of the logbook scheme also places conditions on Clubs and individual club members to ensure the intent of the scheme. To this end, Authorised Clubs have been required to enter into an agreement with VicRoads. In general, the Logbook Club Permit Scheme applies to vehicles 25 years and older with a rolling 25 year cut off.

In summary, the Logbook CPS requires that :
- The holder is a financial member of a club,
- The vehicle is safe and roadworthy,
- The vehicle is not used for commercial purposes
- A logbook entry is made if the vehicle moves more than 100 metres from the vehicle's garage address.

Note a "day" in a logbook entry is from 12 midnight to 12 midnight.

Q1. May I use my Club Permit Vehicle for a family wedding?
A. Yes, the logbook requires an entry. Note that a CPS vehicle cannot be used for hire or reward hence a regular business in wedding transport is not permitted.

Q2. Can I tow a trailer with a Club Permit Vehicle?
A.1 Passenger car or derivative (see also Q.33):

Yes, subject to normal rules for the registration and towing of trailers eg. weight, coupling, lighting, speed limits etc. If a towed trailer obscures the number plate of the towing vehicle there is a requirement that the registration number of the towing vehicle is displayed by painting or otherwise on the rear of the towed vehicle. Trailer owners are also able to order a “Trailer Exempt” plate from VicRoads. (Revised 1.2.11)

A2. Commercial vehicle (truck) , see Q3 below:

Q3. Can a (semi) trailer be placed on the CPS?
A. Yes. A heavy trailer (semi trailer, dog trailer etc) can be listed as a CPS vehicle in its own right providing it meets the 25 year rule and roadworthy requirements. (Revised 1.2.11)

Q4. Can a learner driver operate a Club Permit Vehicle?
A. Yes, subject to the normal rules for learner drivers.

Q5. Why have I not received a renewal notice for my Club Permit vehicle?
A. It is the permit holder's responsibility to ensure a permit is renewed. The Club Permit Scheme is stored on a separate computer system to the general VicRoads data files and hence if you should change your address for a fully registered vehicle, or a Driver's Licence, then a separate advice is still required for a Club Permit vehicle.

Q6. Can a modified vehicle be used under the Club Permit scheme?
A. Yes, provided the vehicle is in a safe condition. In some cases an Engineer's Certificate might be required. Note that the CPS must not be considered a method of driving an unsafe or unroadworthy vehicle.

Q7. Under what conditions may I test my Club Permit Vehicle?
A. It is the owner/driver's responsibility to maintain the vehicle in a safe condition. A logbook entry is required for any testing or "exercising" of the vehicle, where the vehicle is operated more than 100m from the listed garaged address. (Revised 1.2.2011)

Q8. May my mechanic (repair garage) test drive my vehicle?
A. Yes. A logbook entry by the driver will be required for any testing of the vehicle. See also Q8.

Q9. May I drive my Club Permit Vehicle interstate.
A. Yes. But note that at this stage Western Australia may still require a separate WA permit for travel in that state ? (The status of new Logbook CPS in WA is yet to be clarified)

Q10. Our club has a display day at a Swap Meet. May I carry a load of spare parts in my Club Permit Vehicle to sell at the Swap Meet?
A. No. Club Permit Vehicles must not be used for carrying goods for hire or for personal or business gain.

Q11. My CH number plate has been damaged. How can I replace it?
A. Duplicate number plates can be ordered either by contacting VicRoads Telephone Information Service on 131171 or by presenting the damaged plate, and evidence of identity at a VicRoads’ Customer Service Centre. A fee will apply for the replacement plate(s). (Revised 1.2.11)

Q12. Can I have two garage addresses listed for my CH plated vehicle?
A. Legislation and VicRoads rules stipulate only one address however you may have the vehicle garage address different from your residential address (and for service of notices).

Q13. I want to put my bike rack on my CH vehicle, can I get another small bike plate for the rack?
A. Bike rack number plates are available for club permit vehicles.

Q14. Can a Club get a list of owners of CH vehicles in their club from VicRoads?
A. A statement has recently been added to club permit applications and renewals, authorising VicRoads to provide information to the clubs about vehicles linked to their clubs through the club permit scheme. (However, VicRoads will not be in a position to provide that information to the clubs until all permit holders have signed the authorisation over the next 12 months.) (Revised 1.2.2011)

Q15. What are the limits to modifications permitted to CH vehicles?
A. Vehicle Standards Information publication (VSI 8), available from the VicRoads book shop, provides guidance. Heavily modified vehicles may need an Engineer's Certificate.

Q16. Can I sell my vehicle with CH plate and can the CH plate be transferred to the new owner?
A. Yes provided the new owner is a member of the same club and the plates will be re-issued for the same vehicle. The vehicle will need to be re-permitted to the new owner by submitting a new application, safety inspection or Certificate of Roadworthiness and the appropriate fees. (Revised 1.2.2011)

Q17. Does the driver of the CH plated vehicle need to be the permit holder?
A. No.

Q18. Can L plate or P plate drivers operate a RHD CH plated vehicle?
A. Yes, but note that the vehicle insurers may impose restrictions on drivers of vehicles less than 30 years old.

Q19. Can L plate or P plate drivers operate a LHD CH plated vehicle?
A. Yes, but as the driver's visibility may be restricted, caution should be exercised. Note that the vehicle insurers may impose restrictions on drivers of vehicles less than 30 years old. (Revised 1.2.2011 and 21.10.2011)

Q20. I belong to two clubs authorised to operate the Club Permit Scheme. My CH plated vehicle is recorded by one club. Can I have another 90 day Logbook issued through my other club?
A. No, only one Logbook per vehicle! A member of more than one club may have various vehicles listed with certain clubs but dual listing of a vehicle is not permitted.

Q21. Our club is authorised to operate the Club Permit Scheme. We have original vehicles over 25 years old on the scheme. We also have members with replicas of these vehicles that were made only 5 years ago. Can these replicas operate under the CPS?
A. Yes, provided the replica is of a vehicle originally manufactured at least 25 years ago.

Q22. Can I park my CH plated vehicle in the street on any day when it is not used?
A. Yes, but this would require an entry in the logbook. You may temporarily "shuffle" CPS vehicles in and out of your property up to a distance of 100m without need for a Logbook entry. Note that if you were to leave your vehicle parked in the street more than 100m from its garaged address for a number of days then this would require a logbook entry for each day! (Revised 1.2.11)

Q23. I purchased my vehicle unregistered and in pieces. What paperwork is needed to put my vehicle on the Club Permit Scheme?
A. Firstly, refer to the Club Permit Scheme handbook for the general requirements of the CPS.
You must have:
- the CPS Application Form completed and endorsed by the duly authorised officer of your club confirming that you are a current member.
- personal ID and evidence and that you own the vehicle.
- a current Roadworthiness Certificate or Club Statement of Safety.

You should also have:
- proof that the vehicle was previously registered or club permitted in Victoria eg. registration certificate or CP. If the vehicle has not been registered or permitted in Australia, and the vehicle was imported after 1989, then Import Approval and Customs Import documents identifying the vehicle need to be produced.

If you cannot supply the previous registration details but are certain that the vehicle was registered in Australia then it is recommended you provide a formal Statutory Declaration attesting to the information (including registration, engine and chassis numbers where possible). The results of an Engine Number search of the AOMC Engine Number Records for Victoria might be useful.

Generally, as with other VicRoads permits, there should be no need to present the vehicle for inspection at the time of applying for the Club Permit but in the event of dispute you should be able to have the vehicle available for either a VicRoads or VASS inspection. (Revised 1.2.11)

Q24. I have a bus on the CPS. May I use it to carry passengers?
A. Commercial vehicles (including trucks & buses) are not permitted to carry goods for hire or reward. It is permissible to carry club member vehicles to events free of charge. Note that if a bus (including a CPS vehicle) carries 12 or more passengers plus driver it comes under Bus Regulations which require annual inspections by authorised inspectors. The owner of the vehicle may also have insurance responsibilities as part of "The Duty of Care"

It should also be noted that some heavy vehicles are subject to heavy vehicle fatigue laws, regardless of whether they are carrying a load or passengers for hire or reward. The operator of a heavy vehicle that is defined as “fatigue regulated heavy vehicle” is required to complete a “work diary” as well as the club permit log book when the vehicle is in use.
(1) A heavy vehicle is a fatigue regulated heavy vehicle if it is any of the following—
(a) a motor vehicle with a GVM of more than 12 tonnes; or
(b) a combination with a GVM of more than 12 tonnes; or
(c) a bus.
(2) However, a heavy vehicle is not a fatigue regulated heavy vehicle if it is any of the following—
(a) a tram; or
(b) a motor vehicle that—
(i) is built, or has been modified, primarily to operate as a machine or implement off-road, on a road-related area, or on an area of road that is under construction; and
(ii) is not capable of carrying goods or passengers by road; or
(c) a motor home.. (Revised 1.2.2011)