Events & Club Runs, News & Questions Related To Your State > Victoria

Club Permit

<< < (2/33) > >>

Herman:
FRank

It is my understanding that you'll need to obtain a Roadworthy for both cards, then obtain the club permit scheme form from Vic Roads before taking the cars to the Club's Permit scheme officer from inspection and then finally submitting all paperwork to Vic Roads

Herman

Frank70:
Thanks Herman.

I was hoping I didn't need a RWC since the cars are on full rego currently. I might give Vicroads a call.

Cheers,
Frank.

Troy_H:
Frank,
I have just signed up for the Club rego, I had full rego but still required a roadworthy.  As part of the scheme I believe you can get a scrutineers report from a club but this would require MOCA to provide assurance that your car is roadworthy (not saying it isnt, but its lots of reposnsibility on the scrutineers).

Having spoken to other people from differnent clubs, fewer clubs will put their name to a report these days.  
Road worthy is a quick and easy way to prove the car is fit for the road and is easy for the club to process.

It was a pretty easy process, thanks to Macka. Haven't used the car since but it all seems easy to live with.  I only went for 45 days book, seems plenty to me at a little under 4 trips a month.  My full rego was really an annual donation for Vicroads, the $65 paid now is realistic for the amount I use it on the road.  Ill pocket the $600 and do other things.

Process is Roadworthy - Club Permit form to the club (downloadable on Vicroads website) - submit the paperwork to Vicroads - cancel your old rego.  Easy as.
Troy

Frank70:
Thanks Troy.

Cheers,
Frank.

Macka:
Frank:  

Thanks to the boys for the info and praise.

It is a pretty easy process and after we have done your inspection (to prove to VicRoads that it is the car that the club is sponsoring) the paperwork is all signed off by us and then its up to you to take the paperwork to VicRoads and pay the money.  The forms are downloadable prior to your inspection and once done there is no need to produce the car at VicRoads or to make an appointment.  They supply the plates there and then.  The only thing we need to know then is your new plate number so that we can include it on your contract you make with the club that you will only drive it under the conditions of the permit.   Which can be up to either 45 or 90 days of the year and the log book is filled out prior to commencing any days usage.

Its an easy system and well worth it if you drive your car less than 90 days in a year.

:thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version