Club Permit

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Club Permit  (Read 83679 times)

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Re: Club Permit
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2015, 12:03:22 am »
USCAPRI, I am one of our club's delegates for the AOMC and Rod AMOS had stated that these changes were not retrospective.

As for the changes, the clubs that were putting cars onto the scheme even without Roadworthy Certificates (not ours) were not required to now obtain a RWC because they were already on the system. 

What will be picked up on now are cars that are modified outside of VSI33 and are intercepted by the police and need to go onto M plates or those cars changing hands that RWC's will also be required.

All the changes were advertised on our clubs website including your reference in January this year and club members were all notified.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:12:35 pm by Macka »

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2017, 03:16:11 pm »
We now have more information from the A.O.M.C.  regarding the Club Permit Scheme.  See M.O.C.A.  website http://vic.mustang.org.au/more/club-permit-scheme.html for more info.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2017, 10:22:05 am »
USCAPRI,  As you can see its been 2.5 years and the changes weren't retrospective.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:48:08 am by Macka »

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2018, 11:18:37 pm »

Members, as a bit of an update it's been good to see that log books are generally being filled out correctly when being used.  There are still a few who think that the "Particulars of Use" entry is there for the word  "Cruz".  This is incorrect.  This is the area that you include the location of where you intend to go for the days usage, such as Gembrook or Hanging Rock.  If you don't make it there or do and then go somewhere else for the day then that doesn't matter. 

The whole line must be completed before you drive including the whole date and not just the month.  It should be able to be read and written in ink.

If you are pulled over and this is not completed correctly then I have it from a reliable source that you may receive a ticket and the cost would be more than if the car was to be fully registered.

If you think now with the introduction of M plates for vehicles that are modified, that includes certain engine upgrades/transmission changes/ drive line changes/ brake changes/ steering or suspension changes (including Left hand drive to Right hand drive) then you should be reading VSI 33 or speaking to one of our Club Permit Officers.  Any of these mods now require that your H or CH plated vehicle be changed to an M plate and possibly require a VASS certificate even if your car was issued with plates under the older scheme, it is now retrospective. 

Your insurance may also be affected if not completed.

Be warned. 

Offline zlat347ci

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Zlat
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2018, 09:11:25 pm »
Can someone verify that has recently gone from H plate to M plate, after receiving VASS report and all relevamt paperwork, does the vehicle need to go to vicroads for an inspection?

I was getting a car registered today at Vicroads and asked the staff member that did my inspection, she said all i needed was the vass report and signature from the club, no inspection. She didnt seem confident in her response hence my question.
Cheers.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2018, 11:49:21 pm »
I was getting a car registered today at Vicroads and asked the staff member that did my inspection, she said all i needed was the vass report and signature from the club, no inspection. She didnt seem confident in her response

You can't trust what the VicRoads people tell you - I had one swear to me that my 1969 build Mach 1 didn't need a VASS certificate!  My advice: prepare for the worst case scenario and then you're covered no matter what they say on the day.

That said, I suspect that provided the engineer has signed off it wouldn't matter to VicRoads if it's going on a H plate or an M plate.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:51:23 pm by BAC »
Cheers,
Brian

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2018, 10:28:32 am »
My understanding is that cars that pre date our ADRs that were introduced in 1972 don't need an engineers certificate (my 68 Mustang didn't, my 88 Corvette did, though both needed RWCs.)
When I queried why I was being issued an M plate and not a H plate because my Corvette is completely stock and original, the woman at Vicroads said that it didn't matter as they were both the same.
Mind you, the next person asked at Vicroads will probably give you the complete opposite answers.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2018, 10:36:35 am »
My understanding is that cars that pre date our ADRs that were introduced in 1972 don't need an engineers certificate

This is mostly correct but you have the date wrong.  The first edition ADRs came into effect 1st January 1969 so any car built after that date must comply with whatever ADRs were applicable at that time.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2018, 04:43:53 pm »
Zlat, if you are a MOCA member, you can always ring me and get advice.  The car only needs to be produced with a VASS, RWC and application forms.  The club scrutineer inspects and takes photos.  That is your inspection.  You then take the paperwork which had been signed off by the scrutineer to VicRoads.  It is designed to save time and your money through the club.

Can someone verify that has recently gone from H plate to M plate, after receiving VASS report and all relevamt paperwork, does the vehicle need to go to vicroads for an inspection?

I was getting a car registered today at Vicroads and asked the staff member that did my inspection, she said all i needed was the vass report and signature from the club, no inspection. She didnt seem confident in her response hence my question.
Cheers.

Offline zlat347ci

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Zlat
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2018, 06:12:10 pm »
Thanks for the response Macka, that makes sense.
Yes been a member for last 7 years.

Ill post up some build pics in the next couple weeks.
Barra 66 mustang.

Zlat, if you are a MOCA member, you can always ring me and get advice.  The car only needs to be produced with a VASS, RWC and application forms.  The club scrutineer inspects and takes photos.  That is your inspection.  You then take the paperwork which had been signed off by the scrutineer to VicRoads.  It is designed to save time and your money through the club.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2020, 04:13:39 pm »
We never saw your pics?