Club Permit

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Club Permit  (Read 83866 times)

Offline Ossie

• Stallion
PO Box address to send renewals?
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2014, 09:54:32 am »
Hi, is there a PO Box address for the club that we should all be using when sending our club permit renewals?  I've just been sending them to Graham's home address but I assume that's probably not the "official" address we should all be using.

** Please do not post anyone's private address if you reply to this message **

Thanks.

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
Re: Club Permit
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2014, 10:04:06 am »
Good Morning Ossie,

It is my understanding that you'll need to contact one of the club permits at a club event or meeting to have the document signed.

regards
Herman

PS please refer to the below for the club mailing address:

M.O.C.A. Vic Inc.
PO Box 4289
Melbourne VIC 3001
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Ossie

• Stallion
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 04:01:18 pm »
Thanks Herman, you may have misunderstood what I was asking as I am just renewing an existing permit not applying for a new one.  In the past I have just forwarded the renewal in the mail to Graeme's home address with the payment details and self addressed envelope for VicRoads, but I just wondered if it should instead be sent to a PO Box that Graeme or Macka share?  If there isn't such a thing then I'll just keeping forwarding to Graeme.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2014, 05:11:09 pm »
Ozzie, nah Herman was pretty good with his explanation. 

The club doesn't have a "one all renewal address" due to the fact we share the burden of renewals between 4 of us and also like to see as agreed in your contract, that members are getting out to runs and events where we get to do renewals. 

Imagine if we never saw anyone and only saw renewals in the mail. 

The system seems to work pretty well and keeps members in touch with club permit officers for advice and explanations of scheme requirements when required.

Offline Ossie

• Stallion
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2014, 06:24:25 pm »
Thanks Macka, yes that's fine.   I can understand why it should be that way, just wasn't clear on the process.

Cheers.

Offline red066

• Worked
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »
Just had one of my club permit renewals come in , it was for a 90 day permit  for my Suzuki RE5 rotary bike  ,last year i used it 15 times , so today i took the renewal notice into Vic Roads and had it changed to a 45 day permit now only costing me $69.30 woo==hoo doesnt get anymore economical than that ???? :evilone:
Last year i think i only logged the stang out 32 days so may even change that to 45 next year
i think if you get to 45 days all you need to do is go back to vicroads and pay for another 45 day permit

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2014, 10:32:08 pm »
Pete, that sounds very economical for a run around rotary..   :thumb:   

You be at the next meeting?

Offline red066

• Worked
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:52 pm »
looks like i will be macka need you to sign of my permit  , what s the cash up for grabs??????
unless  your coming down  tomorrow nite  to Mornington

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2014, 12:08:27 am »
Lets see what the weather is doing first...

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2014, 08:15:56 pm »
I've been asked a few times about the new rules for registration labels in Victoria.

As from January this year, registration labels for light vehicles will no longer be supplied or required to be fitted.  It's estimated that VicRoads will save about $600,000.00 a year from now on.

What does it mean to you?  You'll have to make sure your registration is always renewed and when you drive someone else's car that you know it is currently registered or check it by entering the registration plate details online at vre.vicroads.vic.gov.au or by calling VicRoads on 13 1171.

The club scheme is not registration, it is a permit issued to you through being a member of a recognised club and that means that you must display the label that is supplied with your renewal papers.

Further information about the discontinuation is available at http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/RenewCancelOrUpdateRegistration/DiscontinuationOfRegistrationLabels.htm

Don't forget to put it on..

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2014, 11:54:40 am »
Just bringing this up again as a reminder..

Offline 7TBoss

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: John
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2014, 02:19:02 pm »
Macka,
I've just purchased a 1970 428SCJ which I'm hoping to place on a club permit via MOCA (of which I'm a current financial member). My other mustangs are on full rego so this is the first time I'm looking at club permit given it's a great scheme and doesn't have the associated costs of stamp duty, full rego and a VASS Certificate that full rego comes with...
A couple of questions;
1. Noticed you may be attending the AOMC show on Sunday. Is that an appropriate place for an inspection to take place?
2. I know the person I purchased the 70 from and he hasn't cancelled the existing club permit (Macedon Ranges Car Club) just to enable me to get to Roadworthy last Friday (Albeit I still purchased a Unregisterd Vehicle Permit anyhow just to be safe) so I could, as I understand, drive to AOMC although obviously I wouldn't want this to annoy you or anyone involved in overseeing this scheme. If this wasn't OK I could hire a trailer I guess.
Thanks & cheers

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »
7TB, if I wasn't judging on the day I would say yes, but I'll be pretty busy and probably wouldn't get the time for the inspection.  Give me a ring before the weekend and we can organise something.   The Macedon Ranges Permit won't be valid if the car has changed hands out of the club and they will no doubt want their plates back through the original owner.  Be quick and you'll get there on your new plates.

Mac
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:41:42 pm by Macka »

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »
Victorian members will soon be receiving a letter from VicRoads regarding the scheme and the expected changes.  Modified vehicles will be going onto a "M" plate. 

For what's still allowed on the H plates, I will post the documents and the references in here soon.   

Graham will talk about what's changed at the next meeting.  Try and be there.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2014, 11:31:41 pm »
OK, what questions are there about the Victorian Club Scheme?

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2014, 11:40:11 pm »
The coppers down this way have pulled over plenty of club permit vehicles lately, from what I have heard there has been no dramas, everyone doing the right thing.

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2014, 07:29:39 am »
When do you think we'll be receiving the letters you've been talking about as I haven't received one.

Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2014, 10:42:44 am »
WE are talking about VicRoads here.  It was meant to be in by September, but who knows now.  They are draggin' their feet a bit. 

I was in there the other day and asked one of the guys on the counter and he wasn't even aware that the new plates for modified cars are coming.

:kickass:

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2014, 03:58:34 pm »
I have just got my new logbook and CPS renewal in the mail, the last permit doesn't expire until late September.

Just to be clear I have to take the renewal form back to the CPS officer (Joe) to have it signed off and then to VicRoads to be paid before the old one expires, correct?
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Online 6t9m1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2014, 10:09:58 pm »

I have been reading the latest posts and now after noticing one of them and if I read it correctly a person could buy an early mustang then obtain club rego without paying stamp duty on the transfer to VicRoads.
Is this correct? Or did I interpret incorrectly.

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2014, 11:51:43 pm »
That is correct. No stamp duty payable for a Vic club permit.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2014, 01:38:28 pm »
JT, yes.. you'll need one of us to sign it and take it  for payment at VicRoads.  Once the current permit expires, you won't be able to drive under the new permit until its paid for.

6t9, that's correct..no stamp duty payable.

Online 6t9m1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2014, 07:48:15 pm »
Sorry to touch on your answers again but no transfer fees as well?
i.e in Victoria we have to pay a $36.40 transfer fee + $8.40 Vehicle duty fee for every $200 of the market value.
So under full registration for a 30K mustang it would cost $1296.40 but under the club permit scheme it is $0
Thanks Macka & MachAttack

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2014, 10:22:52 pm »
Just your annual permit fee mate. $140 for 90 days, cheaper for 45. Your insurance will be cheaper also.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2014, 02:33:49 am »
That's it...  the whole system is designed to get you a member of a club and let them do all the work to keep the prices down.