Flood Cruise

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Flood Cruise  (Read 2255 times)

Offline woz66

• Thoroughbred
Flood Cruise
« on: January 17, 2011, 08:29:55 am »
Was thinking of how we could use our cars to help with the flood, what if we do a fundraising cruise? Any Ideas people?

Offline nifty-b

• Thoroughbred
Flood Cruise
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:09 pm »
Yeah woz66 , top idea & anything to help those in need , but how do you plan on going about it ?,

I've heard of a couple of Car Clubs that had a similar idea , but apparently you need a Permit to run a Public Charity & the Necessary Insurance !! .

that makes it hard to do something good for those in need these days !!

But Yes woz66 , great idea mate , so lets us know what you work out .  

Offline woz66

• Thoroughbred
Flood Cruise
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:58:12 am »
I suguest to keep it all above board that it is made a MOCA Qld offical club run and that people who intend to go on it give a set amount of money (the same per car) to the club who then in turn present the stae government flood appeal with a cheque.

Perhaps we could ask buisnesses uneffected to donate some luck door prizes to the people who pay to go on the run to entice more people to go on the run.

It doesn't matter where we go, just that we get enough cars on the run.

Who's up for it?

Other states could do the same too!

Offline nifty-b

• Thoroughbred
Flood Cruise
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 02:51:55 pm »
Here is another idea to help - I have sent this to Ray Law & Cherryl White @ MOCA Qld :

The ' Blue Oval Network '  ( which is a network of Ford Owners of all models ) in conjunction with  'Bowdens Car Care Products'  &   'Denmac Ford ' are holding  "A Charity  Car Wash & Sausage Sizzle "   on Saturday 29th January  to raise money for the   "  The Premier's Fund for flood Victims "
At  'Denmac Ford's'  car yard  at   2580 Ipswich Rd Darra 4076 ( Brisbane )  ( UBD map 198  E 15 )
From 10am
I've had discussion it with Mark from Blue Oval Network & if we can get a group of Muscle & Classic Cars  (of all Makes & all Clubs ) to take a run up & put on a Show & Shine , we can then if you like help out with the car wash or sausage sizzle & each through a donation into the bucket to help this worthy cause  , or have your car washed with a Bowdens Car Care Wash Product  ..
You can stay all day , or just say a while , it's up to you
I think this this is a worthy cause where we get to not only go for a run in our cars & show them off , but to do something to help this worthy cause.
For the Gold Coasters , I would suggest we Meet at BP Coomera northern car park at 8.30am Qld ,
   then Leave for Darra @ 9am Qld  , as it is about a 45-50 minute run from Coomera to Darra  or so I'm told !!       ( UBD map 198  E 15 )
For the Brisbane guys & girls ??  maybe just meet at Denmac Ford ??  your thoughts on that ??

Cheers Nifty
Nev & Maryanne Butler
Cabarita Beach -Tweed Coast
nifty-b@bigpond.com