Has anyone imported with 'MotorMentor'?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Has anyone imported with 'MotorMentor'?  (Read 11057 times)

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »
Quote from: ponyride link=topic=13438.msg138649#msg138649
Quote from: kitreid link=topic=13438.msg138617#msg138617
mybe we r just to carefull and think to much...?

I've been accused of not being enough of either at times, but being too careful and thinking too much about buying an unseen car from an unknown person on the other side of the world? :shocked:

It's not for anyone else to criticise your choice kitreid, if you're keen on the car and like the guy then buy it without hesitation, it seems like a very good deal. Just let us know how it goes, we may have to eat humble pie. I for one won't mind doing that.

Yeah thanks Rick.....just really trying to do the right thing buy digging deep. I have spoken to a few people that have cars on the way over, experts like urself, and of course looking locally. Just trying to explore my options carefully....i wanna spend 20k on a car, not a picture........;) I guess now im more interested in the promises this importer makes, more than the car now......more interested in wether it pans out for people

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 06:03:01 pm »
Quote from: Brett_T link=topic=13438.msg138644#msg138644
" Free Shipping"   Doesnt that set off Alarm Bells???

Yeah, of course it does mate....but thats his marketing i reckon.Cars are cheaper in the US, and with the doller the same atm. If he buys a tidy girl for say 10k, sends it to aussie for 3.5k, and sells for 20k....then that is quite an exeptable profit, with bugger all overheads, except the transport. these guys also have 'contacts' which generates discounts i bet....so 4 - 5k per car? I dunno.....i don't wanna shit kick someone who my be very real

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 06:04:44 pm »
Quote from: kitreid link=topic=13438.msg138661#msg138661

Yeah thanks Rick.....just really trying to do the right thing buy digging deep. I have spoken to a few people that have cars on the way over, experts like urself, and of course looking locally. Just trying to explore my options carefully....i wanna spend 20k on a car, not a picture........;) I guess now im more interested in the promises this importer makes, more than the car now......more interested in wether it pans out for people

Whoa there! I ain't no expert, please don't get that impression and I sure don't want to pretend to be one either.
How about trying to contact the Australian buyers of the cars he has had on ebay, if you go into his feedback you can get the buyers ebay username and contact them I think?

Aside from that, just get the car checked out first which is an absolute must no matter who you're dealing with, that will tell you a lot about both the car and the seller.

Edit: With the shipping, he is quoting RORO (roll on, roll off) which is a way lot cheaper than container shipping so I agree kitreid, it wouldn't be hard for them to offer it thrown into the deal.
Rick

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 06:06:26 pm »
Quote from: ponyride link=topic=13438.msg138649#msg138649
Quote from: kitreid link=topic=13438.msg138617#msg138617
mybe we r just to carefull and think to much...?

I've been accused of not being enough of either at times, but being too careful and thinking too much about buying an unseen car from an unknown person on the other side of the world? :shocked:

It's not for anyone else to criticise your choice kitreid, if you're keen on the car and like the guy then buy it without hesitation, it seems like a very good deal. Just let us know how it goes, we may have to eat humble pie. I for one won't mind doing that.

btw.....its not the red one that someone posted that caught my eye.....

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 06:36:51 pm »
Quote from: ponyride link=topic=13438.msg138663#msg138663
Quote from: kitreid link=topic=13438.msg138661#msg138661

Yeah i have mate....i was a bit cheeky and contacted almost all people that left feedback, and all his facebook friends......the ones that have replied so far are people that are waiting for there cars.....and im very happy to hear that. My issue is, noone has contacted me with a delivered car, so im hanging oon that at the moment. These guys have been very kind in taking there time to reply to me, and i have no doubt it will work out for them....but i need really to chat to someone who has there car........I would love to have this car i like checked out....do u know how that can be done from here?
Whoa there! I ain't no expert, please don't get that impression and I sure don't want to pretend to be one either.
How about trying to contact the Australian buyers of the cars he has had on ebay, if you go into his feedback you can get the buyers ebay username and contact them I think?

Aside from that, just get the car checked out first which is an absolute must no matter who you're dealing with, that will tell you a lot about both the car and the seller.

Edit: With the shipping, he is quoting RORO (roll on, roll off) which is a way lot cheaper than container shipping so I agree kitreid, it wouldn't be hard for them to offer it thrown into the deal.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 06:38:42 pm »
RORO shipping...................I wouldn't even contemplate shipping a rusty steel bucket that way.
It would be red dust by the time it got here as steel, chrome, paint etc needs plenty of protection when coming through the tropical seas.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 06:42:06 pm »
Quote from: IGALOP link=topic=13438.msg138669#msg138669
RORO shipping...................I wouldn't even contemplate shipping a rusty steel bucket that way.
It would be red dust by the time it got here as steel, chrome, paint etc needs plenty of protection when coming through the tropical seas.

Yep, agreed....and have thought of this as well....i would only do container. And i also don't plan on buying a rust bucket

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 09:19:38 pm »
no, mate...not that one. Also, only here for positive stuff mate, and constructive advice

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 09:33:30 pm »
Quote from: T-CODE KID link=topic=13438.msg138680#msg138680
Quote from: kitreid link=topic=13438.msg138679#msg138679
no, mate...not that one. Also, only here for positive stuff mate, and constructive advice

no probs mate..just buy it & be done with it...............

yeah, but i like im saying .....i came here for the first time today to get advice from people that know the cars and mybe have import experience...dodgy or not. From ur replies it sounds like u have had a bad experience? if so....its u i wanna speak too! Im doing the right thing mate...looking at ALL options, give me a break.....

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:55 pm »

Pretty close to ending this thread ... seems like a lot of good advice has been given and we all wait in anticipation as to whether it is heeded ... or not?

Maybe Kitreid will come back in a few weeks to tell us the outcome of his journey as it will certainly be interesting.

Good luck.

Offline 66Scotty

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 02:33:19 am »
Well seems like a lota folks on this forum have been taking some angy pills.

I for one am importing a Stang from MotorMentors. No, I haven`t got it yet. It`s on the high seas. But I`ve been in contact with a bloke from Brisbane who got his Mustang through MM about a month ago and have been in contact with a customs broker in Brisbane who`s been involved with a quite a  few of this guys imports.

Don`t be so negative!!
Fuel......., On I Burn,
Fuel is pumping engines,
Burning hard, loose & clean

And I burn,
Churning my direction,
Quench my thirst with Gasoline..

(Metallica).....(Fuel).

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 06:53:03 am »
Quote from: 67Scotty link=topic=13438.msg138703#msg138703
Well seems like a lota folks on this forum have been taking some angy pills.

I for one am importing a Stang from MotorMentors. No, I haven`t got it yet. It`s on the high seas. But I`ve been in contact with a bloke from Brisbane who got his Mustang through MM about a month ago and have been in contact with a customs broker in Brisbane who`s been involved with a quite a  few of this guys imports.

Don`t be so negative!!

Well said mate, and all the best with ur pony....Im sure ur excited. Looking forward to hearing about it

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 06:56:35 am »
Quote from: mussy65 link=topic=13438.msg138685#msg138685

Pretty close to ending this thread ... seems like a lot of good advice has been given and we all wait in anticipation as to whether it is heeded ... or not?

Maybe Kitreid will come back in a few weeks to tell us the outcome of his journey as it will certainly be interesting.

Good luck.

Yeah, ur right.....and thanks all for ur thoughts...feel free to keep posting though. Its been a popular thread, which will help alot of people out.
Yes, IF i go through with this, I'll definitly keep u posted....I'm actually taking the step of having the car checked out, as all the imformation that i have gathered over time is all thumbs up so far....so baby steps on this

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2011, 07:15:42 am »
So I see that we now have a MotorMentor as a member.

And all the way from PERU.

Interesting ! it gives great credibility to a so called eBay Motors Gold Power Seller.

To our genuine forum members please don't forget:

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline Red 66

• Worked
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 08:28:24 am »
Quote from: peterp link=topic=13438.msg138706#msg138706
So I see that we now have a MotorMentor as a member.

And all the way from PERU.

Interesting ! it gives great credibility to a so called eBay Motors Gold Power Seller.

To our genuine forum members please don't forget:

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

peterp

Damn you peterp you know how to ruin a good read :smile01:
Barry

Offline donoauto

• Worked
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 09:33:09 am »
Quote from: kitreid link=topic=13438.msg138670#msg138670
And i also don't plan on buying a rust bucket

No-one does but plenty of people have had their dreams crushed by a nice glossy stang. When they finally receive it , they discover $20k-$30k worth of body work to be done - absolutely gutting.
I'd personally get in contact with Shermatt.
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 09:37:28 am »
Quote from: donoauto link=topic=13438.msg138720#msg138720

No-one does but plenty of people have had their dreams crushed by a nice glossy stang. When they finally receive it , they discover $20k-$30k worth of body work to be done - absolutely gutting.

Shermatt?

Offline Red 66

• Worked
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 09:38:58 am »
Quote from: donoauto link=topic=13438.msg138720#msg138720

A Big +1 for that, Have now been involved with 3 purchases from Shermatt (2 for me & a 70 convertible for a mate) and couldn't be happier

Barry

Offline kitreid

• Stallion
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 09:40:11 am »
Is shematt an importer also?

Offline Red 66

• Worked
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2011, 09:42:31 am »

Yes located in Florida but does inspections all over the USA

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 10:01:56 am »
I really should get in contact with CPU and get that advertising logo thingy sorted out for my signature huh?

Offline donoauto

• Worked
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2011, 10:07:39 am »
Steer kit in the right direction Matty! You the man! (& woman - Hi Sheri :) )
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

CPU

CPU
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 01:54:14 pm »
Just to let you know lads that we have setup some monitoring on a few new members related to this topic, and associated topics.  If there is a barking duck out there, well........ it is duck season you  know :smile02:

[align=center]
[youtube]LyPFQKpRnd0[/youtube]

[/align]

Offline nix

• Pony
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:26 pm »
hi guys.I bought my 65 coupe of ebay and i was a bit worried as i pressed the buy now button!But its on the ship and should be here inFeb. The seller was brilliant. He kept the car garaged at his place while i was waithing for import approval and then drove 200 miles round trip to take the car to the port in a snow storm!! He was constantly in touch with how proceedings were going and wants photos when it lands! We did however experience some laughable scammers too. One was a Elanor for $5000 and it was already packed ready to be shipped to me should i want it . If i didnt like it (!) once it arrived the seller was happy to ship it back at his expense! What a kind gesture!!!

CPU

CPU
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 04:16:16 pm »
Yep you have to be carefull and we down in the engine room try to filter out the scammers when we can.  It's not always an easy task.

If it all sounds to good to be true, then it probaly is.