Sway bars

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Sway bars  (Read 2067 times)

Offline olskool

• Worked
Sway bars
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:18:02 pm »
Hi I'm looking at upgrading std sway bar on the 66 Nag and looking at maybe a 1" front bar .... Any recommendations and any idea of prices..... secondly anyone have rear sway bars and are they worth the effort bang for buck etc
Next door neighbour has a nice trana hatch and we are going to have a little play at Hidden Valley this year for some lap sprints, figured if I can keep him in sight on the tight twisties I can happily pass him down the straight:thumb:
Harley Davidson - The most efficient way to turn fuel into noise without the benefit of horsepower.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Sway bars
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:34:11 pm »
Think I have 24mm front 18mm rear. Selbys'/white line make them here.

Offline donoauto

• Worked
Sway bars
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:51:25 pm »
Is the rear is worth it Shaun? I'd reckon it couldn't hurt. Been thinking about it a while.
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

Offline 66ROX

• Worked
Sway bars
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:49:56 pm »
If after fitting the rear bar you find it understeers, go for a smaller diameter rear bar

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Sway bars
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:28:20 pm »
Quote from: donoauto link=topic=13424.msg138462#msg138462
Is the rear is worth it Shaun? I'd reckon it couldn't hurt. Been thinking about it a while.

Mine are hanging on the wall, but if you put a big one on the front you need one on the back, or it will stick it's bum in the air and spin on the front wheels

Offline fozzy

• Thoroughbred
Sway bars
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 10:25:28 pm »
Dont go to big on front bar. Put a small bar on the back and and use solid bushes. If it understeers too much then back the link bushes off .If it doesnt understeer  much and you think there is more corner speed to be had then up the spring rates starting with the front.
Just dont spend money on crap,
Spend time tweaking.
Fozzy.

Offline olskool

• Worked
Sway bars
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 10:31:30 pm »
Only going to 1" front bar...... original one is still there and bushes are pretty knackered, so figured a new one won't hurt...... Just wondering mainly what other guys are running.... not to much research to be done here in Darwin
Harley Davidson - The most efficient way to turn fuel into noise without the benefit of horsepower.