The Canberra Mustang Show Feb 27th 2011

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: The Canberra Mustang Show Feb 27th 2011  (Read 14086 times)

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2011, 08:05:24 pm »
Today we were busy presenting a cheque for $6500 to the director of the Childrens hospital here in Canberra...... :cool:  well done to all involved in the show and for MOCA for adding alittle to our overall total.

We presented a framed version of this photo also to be hung with how much we raised.
Thanks for you help with this photo Lee

and finally a big thanks to the guys that ventured out with ponnies in tow to make the presentation something nice (considering the weather Canberra is having at the moment)  :rain:

Hopefully someone with a camera will post up some pic's this arvo

we will let Ausjacko fill u in more details of his eventful morning  was it the rode?????????

Offline Ausjacko

• Worked
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2011, 08:25:33 pm »
Well, yes, there were a few 'issues'.  

Drove the car around this morning.  Started fine the three times I had to fire her up (after doing a few errands).  Parked her in the carport waiting for 10.00am and the presentation.  
After an hour or so I went outside, turned the key and after a half hearted clunk-nothing.  Starter would just 'click' as if the battery were flat. :banghead: Being a newish battery I knew this was not the issue.

Battery terminals are tight; no OMG oil puddles and no holes where there shouldn't be in the engine department.  "Heavens, that is darn bad luck" I said
and  with no time to do anything else, left it there and Ash came to the rescue.  Thanks.

After work and before watching the match (just getting this out before settling in to watch the game) I pulled the starter.  Think I found the issue as the end of the shaft had a nice chunk of the retaining washer (?) missing and this had been mauled by the teeth of the gear.  Bit of a bugger of a job getting the starter out around the hooker headers but it eventually came out.  New starter here I come...

Here is a shot of the framed photo we presented along with the cheque.  Great effort by everyone :fantastic:

1968 Fastback GT J-code
1967 GTA S-code coupe - 'Pink Bits'

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 10:51:13 am »
This was a good show. Congratulations to all the participants, helpers on the day and to our worthy sponsors.

I have attached several photographs of the presentation:

We had a line up of Mustangs at the presentation.

Ian and the Director and PATCH in Warwick & Brenda's vert.

Ian presenting the cheque to the Director.

Offline Horselover

• Worked
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2011, 07:51:31 pm »
Flash Cars Reg! :cool:

Great Photos.  That new camera does a great job!:thumb: