Importing costs ??

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Importing costs ??  (Read 10345 times)

Offline Red 66

• Worked
Importing costs ??
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 03:49:48 pm »
Quote from: 68pony link=topic=10740.msg117601#msg117601
The port charge they charged you seems a little high and i don't know why there is a depot fee i would have thought the port charge was enough, but apart from that it all sounds about right.
cheers chris.

Must be a "Frieghtnet" thing, I paid the same Grumpy for a Melbourne pickup through them :soap:

Barry

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
Importing costs ??
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »
Hi grumpy, this is what i paid to the cent at this end for the olds.
pick up from wharf and unpack from container-$400
destruction dunage based on shared cost 3 cars-$247.67
aqis inspection facility fee-$50
customs clearance-$170
aqis entry and attendance-$50
aqis fees-$139
decleration processing charges-$70
sea cargo automation-$25
deliver order-$50
The car passed aqis inspection and did not need a clean.
The port charge they charged you seems a little high and i don't know why there is a depot fee i would have thought the port charge was enough, but apart from that it all sounds about right.
cheers chris.

Thanks Chris,

You'll love this.....

Just got off the phone with them, looks like In Brisbane there trying to introduce the depot fee as an additional fee. Told me they’d do their best to keep to $120  ..but I can see $220 disappearing before my eyes!!

I'm not going to argue with them for the sake of a couple of hundred buck’s coz it could cost me more in the long run.

But I do feel like I'm being somewhat sexually assaulted (luck me) – because the lame excuse that was given was not even properly understood by the person delivering the message to me….she seemed really nice and I just could'nt put her through being grilled by a hard arse like myself …hopefully I’ve made a friend today and it will comeback down the track who knows..SHE CAUGHT ME IN A SOFT MOOD??

Basically she told me the depot charge is to have staff there to unpack the container My response was …..So I guess in the past they unpacked themselves!! LOL LOL

:rol::rol::rol::rol::rol::rol:

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
Importing costs ??
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 04:03:22 pm »
Quote from: Red 66 link=topic=10740.msg117607#msg117607
cheers chris.

Must be a "Frieghtnet" thing, I paid the same Grumpy for a Melbourne pickup through them :soap:

Barry

Thanks Barry,

At least I know I'm in good company with having to pay them the fee.
:thumb::drunk:

Offline trik 66

• Thoroughbred
Importing costs ??
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 11:12:04 pm »
Well the time is near for the "66" Coupe to arrive !!   Yahooooo ! Ship comes into Melbourne on Saturday so what would be an Estimate time to expect to be Drivin it outta there ?? Anyone give me an idea please ?  And can you get to see them unload the container ? If so who would you ask of this ? All advise would be gratefully accepted.... Thx
P.s I bought another Coupe too ! This time a "65" ! It'll be a pidgeon pair ! (Just seem to love them lines!!) :thumb::thumb: :rub:
[img width=180 height=135]http://i878.phot

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Importing costs ??
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 11:35:11 pm »

trik66, I think the time frame depends on who you are using for a Broker/ Receiver.

Our last car took only 3 days for clearance, but others have taken as long as 2 weeks. A further hold up if it needs steam cleaning, but you will not know this until after the aqis inspection.

You can witness the container being unloaded - but you cannot go near your car. Waste of time really. We were not even allowed to take photos.

Who is your Broker/ Receiver?

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline trik 66

• Thoroughbred
Importing costs ??
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 11:38:09 pm »
Hi Rocket ! East Coast Mustangs of Lilydale in Vic !! Pete Smith !

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Importing costs ??
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 12:00:02 am »

My guess would be the container will go to the unpacking depot about Tuesday, then a couple of days to wait for the aqis inspection. So you will probably see it early the following week.

Might be worth a call to Eastcoast and ask the question.

Is that a Dakota Digital dash in the car? If so- you will love it! My son recently bought one from BLKPNY. Best upgrade to his car so far!

Rocket.

Offline Kosa

• Thoroughbred
Importing costs ??
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 12:00:09 am »
yer mine took 1 week to clear with a steam clean, most cars get cleaned these days i was told.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Importing costs ??
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 09:00:31 am »
From memory mine was also about a week.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline trik 66

• Thoroughbred
Importing costs ??
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 09:23:34 am »

Not Dakota ! (But i do like em !) Autometer Sport Comp which i still think looks the goods ? :cool:

The Old thread with the dash in daylight !!

http://mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10508

:cool:

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Importing costs ??
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 05:08:52 pm »
Quote from: rocket link=topic=10740.msg123492#msg123492

trik66, I think the time frame depends on who you are using for a Broker/ Receiver.

Our last car took only 3 days for clearance, but others have taken as long as 2 weeks. A further hold up if it needs steam cleaning, but you will not know this until after the aqis inspection.

You can witness the container being unloaded - but you cannot go near your car. Waste of time really. We were not even allowed to take photos.

Rocket.

Dam , you got ripped , i was able to get in the car and even try and start it, but sadly battery was flat , took plenty of photos of them unloading as well  ,my wife rang after the container was unpacked and said she would have liked to have been there so i asked if she could see the car and they said no problem take as long as you like she was there in 15 minutes , we just had to wear safety jackets , it all depends on who the broker uses to do the unpack , in my case, price and speed in botany , they recieved the container on a tuesday was unpacked on the thursday same week and it passed aqis inspection on the next day friday morning and i picked up the same day in the arvo, will definatly get the broker to use them again if i bring another car in, they were very good to deal with, some advice, i rang the company doing the unpack direct and asked what time the container would be opened and if it would be okay to be there.
cheers chris.

Offline tangman

• Stallion
Importing costs ??
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 08:42:22 pm »
I think that if you buy a driveable car that doesn't need work you need  to allow $10,000Aus on top of your purchase price to get it in your driveway with rego and compliance.Might be wrong, but that is part of the reason I bought a car already registered and no hassles.Saw, bought, 'n' drove.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Importing costs ??
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 06:11:32 am »

tangman, importing is not for everyone. It is full of surprises. Some good, most not good.

The way i see it, if you are into cars in a big way and have skills at Panel Beating, Spray Painting, Welding, and a lot of Mechanical knowledge, then pretty well any of the nasty surprises can be fixed.

On the other hand, if you have no skills as above and therefore have to pay somebody to work on your car it is going to be a very expensive proposition, which can break your heart and your wallet.
That nice looking Mustang that is offered for sale in the USA for only 10k could quite easily end up owing 40k by the time you have it registered and in your driveway.

So yes - the inexperienced should always buy local.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Importing costs ??
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 06:25:55 am »
Quote from: 68pony link=topic=10740.msg123549#msg123549
Quote from: rocket link=topic=10740.msg123492#msg123492

Rocket.

Dam , you got ripped , i was able to get in the car and even try and start it, but sadly battery was flat , took plenty of photos of them unloading as well  ,my wife rang after the container was unpacked and said she would have liked to have been there so i asked if she could see the car and they said no problem take as long as you like she was there in 15 minutes , we just had to wear safety jackets , it all depends on who the broker uses to do the unpack , in my case, price and speed in botany , they recieved the container on a tuesday was unpacked on the thursday same week and it passed aqis inspection on the next day friday morning and i picked up the same day in the arvo, will definatly get the broker to use them again if i bring another car in, they were very good to deal with, some advice, i rang the company doing the unpack direct and asked what time the container would be opened and if it would be okay to be there.
cheers chris.

68 Pony, After Jeremy was advised by the broker that he could witness the unpacking of the container, he flew to Melbourne only to then be told he would have to wait another day as the unpacking was delayed.

Next day he attended the premises and was taken to an office and told not to go any closer than 10ft of the container or the car, and absolutely no photos. They said it was Customs Regulations.

He wasted 2 days, plus air fares and motel accommodation.

Much prefer your methods in Sydney.

Rocket.

Offline blown70mac1

• L Plates
Importing costs ??
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 05:08:39 pm »
Hi all,

We just imported a 1970 mach 1, We had a company in the states called foytt shipping help us out.Pete found the car for us and did the settelment.The freight cost all up was $3400 austrailan + the gst , they did it all i just waited for the phone call paid the invoice and picked up the car. We definitely recommend them

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Importing costs ??
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 05:12:17 pm »
Welcome Blown................any pics?
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Importing costs ??
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 01:13:47 pm »
Hi there Blown...  where abouts are you?