Do I need a Bumpsteer kit???

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Do I need a Bumpsteer kit???  (Read 9472 times)

Offline Glen68

• Thoroughbred
Do I need a Bumpsteer kit???
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 11:10:51 am »
This is the reply from Rod Hadfield at Stub tech
" Hi Glen,
Regarding your enquiry on drop spindles to suit Fords,  we are well underway with the development of this product.   It is quite a long and expensive process but at this stage all drawings are complete and a wax duplicate from the drawing has been made,  I have attached two photo's of this model to show you what you can expect the finished article to look like.   It's designed to accept the stock Ford caliper up to XF.   We have also made provision for the stub to accept other calipers such as Brembo, Skyline or Commodore.  It is a complicated product to make because of the steering arm not being bolt on like most cars. We are currently making left and right hand patterns,  machining fixtures and are going to make two sets (prototypes) to check everything.   Our aim is to have these in the car by mid November and if all is well we should be in production by Christmas. They of course will be more expensive than others we have as there is more metal thus more turning etc.   If you want me to keep you on the list please let me know,  the axles we are producing will suit Mustangs from '66 to '72, Falcons and Fairlanes from '67 to XF.
Regards,
 Rod"
Things are looking UP!!!!:burnout: