Driver Parade Lap Eastern Creek

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Driver Parade Lap Eastern Creek  (Read 3438 times)

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:02:52 am »
Just passing this message on to here.
hello: everyone just got a :call: from Stef  the Cobra club need a hand with about 10 convertables for sunday 18th July. Here is a copy of what is needed.

"The cars will take race team drivers on a parade lap 15 mins before race start.
There will be free entry for driver and 1 guest. the estimated time of the lap will be 10:00am and the event is televised nationally.

If you are interested please contact me as soon as possible to arrange passes etc.
Regards

Phil 96047333 0414636359

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:33:20 am »
Bugger,

Wish this was a few extra weeks away it could have been really cool going on an interstate cruise topped of by doing this.

68 pony - do they do this each year - if so I might have to schedule it in for next year.

:drink:

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 12:47:49 pm »
Aye aye captain, will do this run before Mick's US Muscle Cars new shop opening celebration. :fantastic:

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:39:11 pm »
Quote from: GRUMPY ONE link=topic=11446.msg120565#msg120565
Bugger,

Wish this was a few extra weeks away it could have been really cool going on an interstate cruise topped of by doing this.

68 pony - do they do this each year - if so I might have to schedule it in for next year.

:drink:

Grumpy i  have done a few with the AMCCA , got a chance to take lowndsey around oran park check the pick out , the little kid in the back is his son.

Same day but the fpv boys
[IMG=700x525]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t200/68pony/oranparkparadelap.jpg[/IMG]

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 11:03:22 pm »
Same event, same story ... MOCA NSW email sent out to members this afternoon:

The Eastern Creek six hour race is being held this Sunday, 18th July 2010.  The organisers have requested support from a number of car clubs in supplying convertibles to be part of the driver parade lap which will commence at about 10AM.

Stef from the Cobra Car Club has extended an invitation to MOCA members and friends to join in the parade .

if you are able to assist, then you are asked to contact Philip LYNN to register your interest and availability.  They are looking for about 30 convertibles however I am aware a good few of the numbers have been covered by the MG Car Club.

The cars will take race team drivers on a parade lap 15 mins before race start.

There will be free entry for driver and 1 guest. the estimated time of the lap will be 10:00am and the event is to be televised nationally.  You will need to plan to be on site and available by about 9:30.  Tickets will be available for collection at the gates.

Full details and passes will be available from Phil Lynn who can be contacted at work on 9604 7333 or, after hours on 0414 636 359

Members are asked to ensure they do attend if registered to do so but in the event of not being able to make it, then please let the organisers know with as much advance notice as possible.

I am aware this invitation has also been extended to NSW Chev Club; The Corvette Club and AMCC however, like MOCA NSW, they also have other runs organised so filling the vacant spots may well be difficult for the organisers.

For those attending, I hope you have an enjoyable day.

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 11:40:23 pm »
OK, off to the shed to get the grinder - '72 convertible coming up.

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 12:46:23 am »
ah well somthing to look forward too next year maybe!!

hope you have a great time ...post some pic's

:thumb::thumb::hi::hi:

Offline mstyles64

• Stallion
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 04:39:16 pm »
me too  :cool:
Mick

in my stable ( "The powerbarn" )
1969 Mustang Convertible 302, C10, 9"
1980 XD Wagon 351, FMX, 9"
Lexus LX470 V8 --- pimped with 22" rims

Offline Spooky

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:25:21 am »
I attended this event and my son and I had a really good time.

It was a shame that there were very few spectators but we would do it again in a heartbeat.

My son took some picture which I will post in a day or so
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 08:22:47 am »

Some photos taken on the day:

http://nsw.mustang.org.au/photos/2010/ec180710/index.htm

Unfortunately, my rear tyre came adrift from the rim whilst on the track so it was a free ride on the back of the truck for me (oh, the shame of it all!) so I missed out on some of the track shots.  There were a further 20 or so MG's in the parade too but, the muscle took the first places.

It was also interesting to see the one young lady in the parade was quick to jump in my car!  Or, was that just by chance?

Finally, noting the previous post, I do have to declare I am NOT the son of Spooky.  Perhaps that would be Casper?

Any other pics will be placed on the NSW site if they are available or can be forwarded.

Phil

Offline Spooky

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 10:32:46 am »
Nice photos Phil. Thanks
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline Spooky

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 09:01:27 am »
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline ACE

• Pony
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »
It is such a shame that the V8 Supercars no longer do this in the Mustangs. :cry:

Managed to talk to Tony Cochran when he was in Bathurst last year but he just smiled and said he would see. Here's hoping they change their minds (they should be sick of me emailling each week by now..... either that or I am in their spam filter).

Glad you guys had fun.

Regards,
Ace.
Never underestimate PONY power.....

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 03:12:09 pm »
Thanks Phil,

That's great, now we need to see if it makes the edited TV package on SBS or Fox Sports this weekend. :pop:

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee