Reverse lights not working

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Reverse lights not working  (Read 1074 times)

Offline johnale

• Thoroughbred
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:59:27 pm »
Hi Guys,

My reverse lights are not working on my 66 auto coupe, i just to eliminate one part of the puzzle. As the reverse lights switch is in the neutral switch on an automatic, if the neutral switch is working, could the reverse lights part of it not be working?

Any feedback would be most welcomed.

Cheers

John
Too Much Metal for One Hand!

Online evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:03:21 pm »
John,

The neutral safety & reverse light switches are separate. You can have one working & not the other. Link out the wires going to the switch & see if the reverse lights fire up. If so, you can 'drill' open the neutral safety switch, clean the contacts & rivet it back together. I did mine years ago.

edit: Before repairing/replacing the switch, try re-aligning it first. Move your selector slowly back & forth & see if the lights come on.

Evan.

Offline johnale

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:25:43 pm »
Quote from: evan link=topic=11250.msg117653#msg117653
John,

The neutral safety & reverse light switches are separate. You can have one working & not the other. Link out the wires going to the switch & see if the reverse lights fire up. If so, you can 'drill' open the neutral safety switch, clean the contacts & rivet it back together. I did mine years ago.

edit: Before repairing/replacing the switch, try re-aligning it first. Move your selector slowly back & forth & see if the lights come on.

Evan.

Cheers Evan will give it ago

thanks
Too Much Metal for One Hand!