Technical & General Discussion Area > Restomods

Thoughts on this Fastback

(1/2) > >>

zav007:
Hi all,

Would like some thoughts on this Fastback http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260610889103&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
I'm thinking of selling m 66 coupe and buying one similar to this.

tim_morrison82:
for what he is claiming in the ad, i'd make sure that the restoration was a good one.

i would want a full pictorial account of the workmanship of the restoration. especially if it was done in the US. all his pics show the finished car, but finished cars can hide alot. if there's pictures of the car in the nude, he should be able to provide them to you.

derwin66:
I would get it inspected by maybe some one on this forum ,pictures can hide heaps

moe:

--- Quote from: derwin66 link=topic=10846.msg112683#msg112683 ---I would get it inspected by maybe some one on this forum ,pictures can hide heaps
--- End quote ---
;y  fully agree - pics can hide heaps, as does the untrained eye...

66FBK:
Nice looking car. That's top dollar for a pretty straight fastback in the states. Looks like the front rails may have been replaced but i don't think it was a rotisorie retso. $30K US  is $39 AU + shipping $4K + GST $4.5K  getting up to $50 AU.  Got time to do a dash to the US?  You might buy well with a pocket full of cash.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version