Yes you right

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Yes you right  (Read 46754 times)

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
Yes you right
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »
I've been looking for some new and exciting stuff for my Mustang - anyone know where I can get some?
Rick

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Yes you right
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2010, 03:39:25 pm »
Really understand and feel for your frustrations, Steph; but some seem to be allowed to continue whilst others have toed the line ?????

Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline hybrid

• Blue Printed
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
Yes you right
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2010, 03:48:20 pm »
Quote from: ponyride link=topic=11418.msg120115#msg120115
I've been looking for some new and exciting stuff for my Mustang - anyone know where I can get some?

:smile01: :thumb:
- Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.
- Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away, barefoot, and you've got his shoes.

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Yes you right
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2010, 04:35:28 pm »
Quote from: BLKPNY link=topic=11418.msg120114#msg120114
I have some new and exciting stuff, that I'm just busting to let everyone know about.... but can't, untill someone else brings it up, or asks about something similar!

Hi Steph. Know were I can get some wheels from? Do you have any available? What about Lights got any of them?:bats::cry:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline ken

• Stallion
Yes you right
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2010, 04:55:03 pm »
im sorry if Ive offended a few members from what I understood about this forum it was to be informative and helpful to all mustang owners past,present and future!
As many of you know Ive always been more than willing to help whether its supply a car,locate and ship parts or even for advice or to inspect a car on their behalf to save buying a scam or a heap!for little or no cost!
one person who I wont name seems again quite vocal when it suits but was quite happy to simar down when they were hoping for me to have a buyer for their items they no longer wanted!
All this from trying to be a pal stateside and help some guys realise their dream ownership with sensible prices!
regards ken.

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
Yes you right
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2010, 05:03:25 pm »
a solution, make free accounts for those people not selling stuff, and have an annual paid account with a visible title of commercial trader, or similar, for those who wish to help people out. unlimited replies to threads, but limited new threads.

if a private account starts commerially advertising, report as spam, kick them out and ask them to pay to continue.

that way people who aren't interested in club mags ads, etc, can contribute to the club via paid membership, and have a limited right to advertise, without clogging the system with crap.

just another log to throw on the fire...

Offline ken

• Stallion
Yes you right
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2010, 05:07:58 pm »
Hi Tim just a question but did you or did you not hear about me for the collection and shipment of your engine from this forum???and how you wanted to make sure the engine was what you were told it was and not a scam!

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
Yes you right
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2010, 05:10:25 pm »
i don't feel offended at all by the small level of 'advice'ment we currently have on this site.

maybe down the track, when we attract a heap of spam do to no rules, then cut it out. but levels at the moment is acceptable. just report anything out of the blue as spam and have a mediator discuss it with the member, to mediate, and come up with a less offensive way to approach things...

Offline hybrid

• Blue Printed
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
Yes you right
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2010, 05:11:56 pm »
The problem with modifying the forum for paid memberships, number of posts etc etc is that it gets harder and harder to upgrade the site, because any files that get replaced during an update have to be modified all over again. I've done it in the past and still do it.. but its a trade off between functionality and a lot more work when it comes to update time.
- Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.
- Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away, barefoot, and you've got his shoes.

Offline ken

• Stallion
Yes you right
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2010, 05:18:24 pm »
exactly! all im trying to put over is that there a few guys some ex-pats living at the source of things who are surely only a positive to this site whether it be for advice or a purchase who share the same love passion as all the other members and as said before if I/other oversea guys can help and assist members then I dont see a problem! I understand if joe bloggs comes onto this forum with a only a few posts out there and then advertises 10 cars etc,then yes I agree thats not right and is clear abuse of this forum,maybe advertisers need a maximum of 50 or 100 posts to be eligible to advertise?? just a thought?

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
Yes you right
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »
Yes Ken, i am grateful that i heard of your services on this forum. if it wasn't for people like you, it would be impossible for us guys to get anything from the states back at reasonable prices.

my first statement should have been in the 'other' commercial advertisement thread, where ways were discussed how commercial partners can buy the right to advertise on here without going into printed media. was not a stab at anyone... just trying to suggest an easy way to break the no mans land that commercial advertisers have been thrown into with the "no ads" and "no alternative ways to advertise" that we currently have.

if someone if after something that i may need down the track, i listen in and even mark as favourite so i can come back and see who got what from where and how it all went.

its not my intent to kick ou the advertisers, just suggesting a middle ground for the standoff. whatever happens i want it to happen soon so i can find out where i get my next parts from.

Offline ken

• Stallion
Yes you right
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2010, 05:22:57 pm »
Yep agree to that tim,I have a container leaving in few weeks if anything you need.

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
Yes you right
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2010, 05:23:09 pm »
i agree, trusted people should have more right to advertise than ring in's!

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Yes you right
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2010, 05:39:39 pm »
How would one become trusted?

CPU

CPU
Yes you right
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »
Hi Lads

We have just got off the phone to the MOCA brass.

1) No decission is expected in the immediate future on the manner/type and cost of advertising on the forum

2) No, I repeat No business is to advertise their products/servise on the forum, no matter who it is.  With this in mind we are now able to remove certain posts.  Each person whos post is removed will be contacted via U2U to explain why.

We thankyou for your patience in this matter, but until just now our hands were tied.

Kind Regards
CPU

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Yes you right
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2010, 05:50:07 pm »
OK, judges decision is final.  
:thumb:
Now bring on the dancing girls.

CPU

CPU
Yes you right
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2010, 06:45:55 pm »
While all this is being sorted within MOCA.

For those that want to know what somebody has in their inventory/stock, plesae contact them via U2U so that there is an even playing field for everyone.

Many Thanks
Kind Regards
CPU

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
    • http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6440&page=1
Yes you right
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2010, 06:47:28 pm »
Im sorry but i think its F...n Crap , i like to know whats out there , i have brought my Fastback from Ken and my Convertible from BLKPNY , and wouldnt have them if i didnt see them on here , so wouldnt of contriuted my 2 build threads on here. MOCA needs to wake up and at least make a decision. Not much ?/:@# me off , but this is sh#t for all the decent business people on here .   My 2 cents :mad: :twist: And yes im a MOCWA member

CPU

CPU
Yes you right
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2010, 06:50:49 pm »
We are going to merge this thread with the main "Commercial advertising on the Forum" thread so it's all together.

Kind Regards
CPU

edit
merge completed

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
Yes you right
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2010, 06:59:32 pm »
Scott66stang,   this is not about Ken.

This is about commercial advertising.

A decision was required and was given.
A decision that is fair to everyone.

Most commercial members are known because of their help when other members need it.
This is a good solution as they are known to forum members.
They can also be contacted by U2U, email or by phone.

On the other hand if commercial advertising was allowed to run rampant then all of sudden you probably wouldn't see the forum for the advertising.

It is a very difficult decision for the Mustang Club and they have decided that at this point there will be no commercial advertising untill further notice.

peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
Yes you right
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2010, 07:01:10 pm »
Well you can tell MOCA im thinking of pulling my build threads and photos in protest :bolt:

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
Yes you right
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2010, 07:03:03 pm »
Quote from: peterp link=topic=10748.msg120171#msg120171
Scott66stang,   this is not about Ken.

This is about commercial advertising.

A decision was required and was given.
A decision that is fair to everyone.

Most commercial members are known because of their help when other members need it.
This is a good solution as they are known to forum members.
They can also be contacted by U2U, email or by phone.

On the other hand if commercial advertising was allowed to run rampant then all of sudden you probably wouldn't see the forum for the advertising.

It is a very difficult decision for the Mustang Club and they have decided that at this point there will be no commercial advertising untill further notice.

peterp
Why not let the current advertise who have contributed

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
Yes you right
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »
Hybrid,  Thanks for the understanding in regards to hacks on the forum.

We were going to apply a couple of new ones but then we noticed that XMB was working on version 2.0 of the forum and this new version has some nice inclusions, one being embedding Utube.

Thanks again.   peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
Yes you right
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2010, 07:07:21 pm »
That would be unfair, wouldn't it scott66stang ?

Letting some advertise whilst others can't.

Things might change in the near future, but whatever the decision it will be based on what is fair for all.

peterp

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
Yes you right
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2010, 07:08:26 pm »
Peterp, I think that that closed door attitude is misguided, before the new policies came into effect say 12 months ago, we didn't have a problem with to many commercial advertisers, and most of us are pretty shrewd and can pick a dodgie operator or ad from a mile, we are not babies, I know the forum has grown, but us the users are why it has grown