Yes you right

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Yes you right  (Read 46652 times)

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
Yes you right
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:15 pm »
Quote from: moe link=topic=10748.msg121887#msg121887
What happened to the other thread started today with a couple of options???

I believe it was shutdown.

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
    • http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6440&page=1
Yes you right
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2010, 12:15:13 am »
Hmm! seems that statement i foreseen, may have come true sooner than i expected.

Quote from: scott66stang link=topic=10748.msg120340#msg120340
Quote from: peterp link=topic=10748.msg120328#msg120328
Hi BLKPNY, All commercial advertising at this point has come to halt and that does include ALL COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING.

No one is being singled out, and yes the rules have had to be enforced because some members were not complying with the rules.

It appears a few members are solely concerned with being able to advertise commercially or this seems to be the case in view of how many members have stated that they are now leaving the forum.

The forum was always intended to be about Mustangs and helping fellow owners with Mustangs.

Anyone that offers help to others including members in related industries have been rewarded with business and that will always be the case.

There is nothing in the rules that says a member can't post a contact U2U, email address or phone number when members are asking for help.

It is just blatant commercial advertising that is not allowed at the moment.

If others are commercially advertising then please U2U CPU or myself and we will attend to it.

peterp
Unless you are dealing with these people , how do you know they dont help behind the scenes. I have already stated i have purchased a car from BLKPNY and KEN already landed in oz and wouldnt have if not for their advertising as i believed i could not afford a Mustang. Futher more Ken was kind enough to import parts for me twice free of charge which has further more abled me to get my car on the road quicker and alot cheaper. Because of a recent add and feedback from Ken i am now aware that he has a container leaving in two weeks to which i have asked to get some parts on for my recent convertible build. Im not the only one on here who has benifited from KEN , Shermatt , BLKPNY , OZBUILT , Soc123_au etc sorry if i forgot others , if it wasnt for these people many forum members that make up the Build threads wouldnt exist including me , and parts would not be so easy to find and to learn about new products. In my opinion MOCA is shooting themselves in the foot and they wont get it untill its too late. These issues dont need to be taken up at meetings as you say "They Are Watching" By the time they are brought up at a monthly meet , then it would be another month before an answer , and then another month to get a response to that answer and so on. Why not put it back to the way it was before , untill MOCA make up there Friggin mind and then let the long term trusted business people have first crack , that would be only fair.

Offline tangman

• Stallion
Yes you right
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2010, 12:25:43 am »
Lots of good people out there who have helpep me get to where I am , contacted through this forum who love Mustangs.Lets just keep it simple..

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
Yes you right
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2010, 07:46:17 am »
Quote from: scott66stang link=topic=10748.msg121909#msg121909
Hmm! seems that statement i foreseen, may have come true sooner than i expected.

Quote from: scott66stang link=topic=10748.msg120340#msg120340
Quote from: peterp link=topic=10748.msg120328#msg120328
Hi BLKPNY, All commercial advertising at this point has come to halt and that does include ALL COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING.

No one is being singled out, and yes the rules have had to be enforced because some members were not complying with the rules.

It appears a few members are solely concerned with being able to advertise commercially or this seems to be the case in view of how many members have stated that they are now leaving the forum.

The forum was always intended to be about Mustangs and helping fellow owners with Mustangs.

Anyone that offers help to others including members in related industries have been rewarded with business and that will always be the case.

There is nothing in the rules that says a member can't post a contact U2U, email address or phone number when members are asking for help.

It is just blatant commercial advertising that is not allowed at the moment.

If others are commercially advertising then please U2U CPU or myself and we will attend to it.

peterp
Unless you are dealing with these people , how do you know they dont help behind the scenes. I have already stated i have purchased a car from BLKPNY and KEN already landed in oz and wouldnt have if not for their advertising as i believed i could not afford a Mustang. Futher more Ken was kind enough to import parts for me twice free of charge which has further more abled me to get my car on the road quicker and alot cheaper. Because of a recent add and feedback from Ken i am now aware that he has a container leaving in two weeks to which i have asked to get some parts on for my recent convertible build. Im not the only one on here who has benifited from KEN , Shermatt , BLKPNY , OZBUILT , Soc123_au etc sorry if i forgot others , if it wasnt for these people many forum members that make up the Build threads wouldnt exist including me , and parts would not be so easy to find and to learn about new products. In my opinion MOCA is shooting themselves in the foot and they wont get it untill its too late. These issues dont need to be taken up at meetings as you say "They Are Watching" By the time they are brought up at a monthly meet , then it would be another month before an answer , and then another month to get a response to that answer and so on. Why not put it back to the way it was before , untill MOCA make up there Friggin mind and then let the long term trusted business people have first crack , that would be only fair.

There are only a few who are old and trusted commercial advertisers but there are an abundance of scammers.

At least 3 to 4 times a week we have to delete posts and members because they come on to the forum and post trash.

I deleted one this morning posting from Pakistan and advertising a sourcing service for gearboxs, we get them from India, Pakistan, Russia, Phillipines, China, USA and a few other countries that don't come immediately to mind.

If we allow commercial advertising to run unchecked then there will be plenty of scammers and they create a quite a lot of work to keep check on them.

Personally from a forum administrators view it would be a lot easier if we didn't have any commercial advertising period and then we could focus on running the forum.

peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline muzz67

• Worked
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
Yes you right
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2010, 10:46:13 am »
PeterP

I am so aligned with your last comment (gotta love Forum Admin people in preference to co-ordinators)

Would there be value in running a 'vote' on this on the forum so we could just get on with playing in the Mustang Sand pit like big boys??

Cheers and Thanks
Lance/

Offline Dyn4mic

• Worked
    • http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com/
Yes you right
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2010, 11:11:20 am »
:huh: i thought that was the point of the last 3 pages, where people had made proposals such as kerry in order for comercial advertisers to pay and thus solving the problem...
Name: Pete
67' Coupe

Offline T-CODE KID

• Worked
  • Name: https://www.
Yes you right
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:28 pm »
yeah mustangs are for driving, not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNgPl-pLkb4&NR=1