Schumachers having a lend?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Schumachers having a lend?  (Read 4472 times)

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« on: May 21, 2010, 11:03:01 am »
I've got a couple of Mach 1s waiting to leave port in the U.S., Schumachers are shipping them. They contacted me and asked if I would "mind" if a Mini Cooper gets thrown in with my cars (40ft container). Possibly, I said assuming there is cost sharing it may be worth considering. The reply came back, they can give me back $300 for sharing the container ! I said thanks but no thanks. Is it just me or does that seem very dodgy? The Mini would have to be stacked on top of my cars.
Rick

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:16:33 am »
trying it on I'd say, would've ended up with the same reply from me

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline usa289

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 02:03:29 pm »
Would they be charging someone $300 to freight a car into Aus? - I don't think so ......

[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 02:39:22 pm »
Precisely. And in the first contact they didn't even offer to share costs, they were just hoping for a freebie. They'd be charging the guy with the Mini full shipping. And no mention of the unpacking fees at this end either. Bloody cheeky.
Rick

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 02:46:21 pm »
It will proabaly end up in there anyway, and they just won't tell you, perhaps.

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 03:01:15 pm »
they must have been charging the guy $100/m3, and you are stuck with all the other empty space around it!

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 03:12:59 pm »
Originally posted by shaunp

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to head down to the dock when the container comes in to check, and or alert the customs agent. I'm not sure what I could do about it at that stage anyway but I'm going to be very clear with them that my cars get shipped alone.
Rick

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »
Originally posted by ponyride
Originally posted by shaunp

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to head down to the dock when the container comes in to check, and or alert the customs agent. I'm not sure what I could do about it at that stage anyway but I'm going to be very clear with them that my cars get shipped alone.  

Doubt very much that it would be in the box.

Check the manifest, will only list your cars if that is what you wanted.

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »

Doubt very much that it would be in the box.

Check the manifest, will only list your cars if that is what you wanted.

Good point. I really don't think they'do it either, but you just never know.
Rick

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:10:31 pm »
What happens when the Mini turns up without a title and you end up waiting 4 months for shipping? Thats what happens with Shumachers......

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 10:12:55 pm »
Originally posted by Rock65
What happens when the Mini turns up without a title and you end up waiting 4 months for shipping? Thats what happens with Shumachers......

I gather you used them Rock. What's the story?
Rick

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 10:16:21 pm »
Always excuses Rick. But i believe there is less freight going to Freo.

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 10:25:00 pm »
Hmm, we got off to a bad start too, they didn't even bother to tell me they had the cars picked up OK, I had to chase them up after a couple of weeks just to find that out. I'll be harrassing them without mercy if it goes down hill from here.

The last crowd I used weren't any better that's why I thought I'd try Schumachers. Fingers crossed.
Rick

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 08:39:32 am »
Originally posted by ponyride
Precisely. And in the first contact they didn't even offer to share costs, they were just hoping for a freebie. They'd be charging the guy with the Mini full shipping. And no mention of the unpacking fees at this end either. Bloody cheeky.  

Ponyride , the wood they use to put the car on top has to be destroyed , the cost of that is shared between cars in container , give you example , there were three cars in our container 2 cars at the back one on top of each other and ours on its own at front , the cost to destroy timber was $247 per car, they reckon there was 220 kg of timber , yeh right , i was there , maybe 100-120kg anyway they did a good job unpacking so i just paid up.
cheers chris

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 11:42:19 am »
I don't know guys every thread i look at on here lately is someone getting shafted one way or another...there are a lot of folk out there taking advantage of many .....don't wear that crap about timber being destroyed, most or all shippers now use timber that is treated and it comes in stamped...i just throw all mine on a trailer and take it home wish i could get a$1000 bucks for it though, instead i give it away, build a chook shed or such...... if anyone is thinking of shipping call me i'll help you out or try to steer you in the right direction ...there a a few good forwarders out there  

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 01:48:25 pm »
68,Mark, they are just more reasons not to entertain the idea, I could just see me getting stitched up to share the cost of pulling down and destroying packing when it's not even for my use! Best stick with going it alone me thinks.
Rick

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 12:34:42 am »
Originally posted by mark678
I don't know guys every thread i look at on here lately is someone getting shafted one way or another...there are a lot of folk out there taking advantage of many .....don't wear that crap about timber being destroyed, most or all shippers now use timber that is treated and it comes in stamped...i just throw all mine on a trailer and take it home wish i could get a$1000 bucks for it though, instead i give it away, build a chook shed or such...... if anyone is thinking of shipping call me i'll help you out or try to steer you in the right direction ...there a a few good forwarders out there  

Okay mr mark how much will you charge me to ship my next car in , all inclusive no surprises including aqis and broker fees and i want it shiped to sydney and unloaded in botany as i don't live to far from there?, also i don't want a car on top of mine either so 3 car container.
cheers chris.

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 10:58:00 am »
$3200  ... thats it not a penny more...(you will have customs gst and duty if applicable on value of car)  sorry can't do Botany i unload my own containers here in Newcastle with a tilt tray no forks ....I also do 4 cars i have no problem with bottom cars as they are covered in plastic but yours can be on top if you like of if i have some boats coming it could go in with them ...any extra parts or what ever will fit in container is free... as i have just returned from states it may be a while before i ship (probably end of year)  unless we get 4 to go from others ....cheers

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »
Quote from: mark678 link=topic=10629.msg109729#msg109729
$3200  ... thats it not a penny more...(you will have customs gst and duty if applicable on value of car)  sorry can't do Botany i unload my own containers here in Newcastle with a tilt tray no forks ....I also do 4 cars i have no problem with bottom cars as they are covered in plastic but yours can be on top if you like of if i have some boats coming it could go in with them ...any extra parts or what ever will fit in container is free... as i have just returned from states it may be a while before i ship (probably end of year)  unless we get 4 to go from others ....cheers

Well you see mark i paid $4100 all up exluding gst on purchase price of car, and took 10 min to get home, for me to get my towie to drive 3 hours to newcastle and 3 hours back my time to drive to newcastle and back to watch it being unpacked (sorry i don't trust just anyone)I'm not really saving anything, there is a saying, you pay for what you get  and i was happy with what i paid ,for the conveniance of being so close to home and it was a 3 car container , nothing on top of mine.

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »
Hi
no problem only trying to help fellow mustang or any classic car owners  out ... do not like to see people getting ripped off..... i make a few bucks mostly for my time i am retired and do this as a hobby, thats why am happy to bring in parts for free really does not cost me anything and happy to help out ...if you are happy with your shipper stick with them...cheers

Offline donoauto

• Worked
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 06:22:56 pm »
Quote from: 68pony link=topic=10629.msg109779#msg109779

Well you see mark i paid $4100 all up exluding gst on purchase price of car, and took 10 min to get home, for me to get my towie to drive 3 hours to newcastle and 3 hours back my time to drive to newcastle and back to watch it being unpacked (sorry i don't trust just anyone)I'm not really saving anything, there is a saying, you pay for what you get  and i was happy with what i paid ,for the conveniance of being so close to home and it was a 3 car container , nothing on top of mine.

Detecting a bit of `tude here. Mark678 seemed to be giving great , honest , NICE , free advice ;)
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 08:24:45 pm »
Quote from: donoauto link=topic=10629.msg110043#msg110043
Quote from: 68pony link=topic=10629.msg109779#msg109779

Detecting a bit of `tude here. Mark678 seemed to be giving great , honest , NICE , free advice ;)

Not really ,mark responded to a post of mine on a different thread saying i got ripped of for paying  $5900 for freight which i didn't ,he failed to read my post properly , which i stated i paid $5900 in total which included the gst on the purchase of the vehicle which was $1800 leaving $4100 total for shipping cost ,thats why i sounded like that , i don't like someone coming on here  claiming he can  save you a  fortune,  when he can't ,he also wasn't comparing apples with apples he is quoting 4 car container mine was a 3 car container ,mine was unloaded 10 mins from home his 3 hours from home.
cheers chris.

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »
hey buddy , sorry if i have upset when i read your thread wrong, and you have taken some sort of offence to it, but i did apologise ..but like i said many folk pay far more than they should my last container cost $7550 all inclusive( and that is $1200 more than what it costs to botany (trucking to newcastle)  Thats right it is only just over $6k to land a 40' hc so at even $3200 per car there is more than enough for anyone but as stated if your happy with your deal ($4100) than that is great...i really hope you are and then everyones happy... ...oh well others may want some help and i am still happy to oblige ..............