It's not better on top

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: It's not better on top  (Read 3622 times)

Offline 68pony

• Worked
It's not better on top
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:46:46 pm »
For you guys out there that think having your car on top is better hmmmmm take a look at the photos below , the blue olds(mine) last in , took 5 mins to untie and roll out , i can tell you the corvette owner chewed his nails to the point of bleeding

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
It's not better on top
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 07:49:06 pm »
Holy frijole! You'd want to have a lot of faith in the forklift driver, there's not an inch to spare.
Rick

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
It's not better on top
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:49:26 pm »
I must say, I do like that vett... am I aloud to say that here???
Cheers,
Mike

Offline 68pony

• Worked
It's not better on top
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 08:13:03 pm »
Originally posted by mikes68
I must say, I do like that vett... am I aloud to say that here???

69 tri power 427, yumie

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
It's not better on top
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:52:12 pm »
Not real keen on the way the cars tied down.Just rope. Mine always come in chained and bolted down . Takes a bit longer to unload but a lot more secure. With the rocking and rolling of a ship rope tends to stretch and strain until possibly ???.OH OH!  Fork drivers seem to be more careful if they're being watched.
Stormin

Offline trik 66

• Thoroughbred
It's not better on top
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 08:58:13 pm »
Whoa !! I was told mine is going on top !! Better start growing the nails !!!
[img width=180 height=135]http://i878.phot

Offline 68pony

• Worked
It's not better on top
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 09:00:25 pm »
Originally posted by stormin
Not real keen on the way the cars tied down.Just rope. Mine always come in chained and bolted down . Takes a bit longer to unload but a lot more secure. With the rocking and rolling of a ship rope tends to stretch and strain until possibly ???.OH OH!  Fork drivers seem to be more careful if they're being watched.
Stormin

Stormin , it wasn't just tied down , it had blocks of wood around the tyres on both ends , looked like they were nailed down , what i can say the guy struggled to get them off , forkie also said they did a good job of packing cars , all i know, all 3 came out without a scratch, also the guys unpacking were great it did look like they cared but i wonder if that would have been the case if i wasn't there taking photos.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
It's not better on top
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 09:02:11 pm »
Originally posted by trik 66
Whoa !! I was told mine is going on top !! Better start growing the nails !!!

I'm a bad boy , how many of you out there bringing in cars seeing this, now the sleepless nights begin :+

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
It's not better on top
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 08:18:23 am »
All  that procedure is pretty standard, including the tie down..... you may find the most damage if any is the forks under the car but not often, but still i use a tilt tray and back it in and pull the car onto it......  =  zero damage and i now cover the cars on the bottom in that sharksin plastic the spraypainters use = no oil etc on the bottom car.....here is anther tip try not to place anything on your upholstery those containers reach absurd temps coming across and even a cardboard box can burn a mark into it....all this is has happened to me so you learn pretty quick.....cheers