Time for group cruise

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Time for group cruise  (Read 2815 times)

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
Time for group cruise
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:02:42 pm »
Hi all,

Anything on for this coming weekend in Melbourne, think we need to get on out before the really good weather hits Melb.
Any suggestions?

Offline A67PNY

• Worked
Time for group cruise
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:24:50 pm »
Sunday sounds good to me........:(

Offline POPS 67

• Worked
Time for group cruise
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 08:25:57 pm »
If its a good day Sunday what about a cruise to Sugarloaf Reservoir and a BBQ or picnic. If we cross over the dam wall we need portable barbies, I have one, depends on starters how many we need. Melways page 273 reference B2. Meet at Lower Eltham Park, Melways page 21 reference H10. Weather permitting. Thirsty pretty handy for you son.;2
I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline MILD67

• Worked
  • Name: Rob
Time for group cruise
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:47:02 pm »
a cruise the calder on sat? ::
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline dalex

• Worked
Time for group cruise
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:52:21 pm »
Sunday is the National Motoring Heritage Day, so bound to be something on.
http://www.aomc.asn.au/NMHD10.htm

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
Time for group cruise
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 09:50:21 pm »
For anyone who hasn't being paying attention like me, I found that Pete had posted this earlier in the month.

Saturday 15th May

B24 LIBERATOR AUSTRALIA RESTORATION PROJECT - This is a rare chance to visit the hangar in which the only surviving World War 2 B24 Liberator Bomber in Australia is being restored. We will have a guided tour of the project and your club will provide a sausage sizzle and soft drinks from the BBQ trailer.
Meet at The Hangar, corner Geelong Road (Old Princes Hwy) and Farm Road Werribee at 10.30 am. Admission is $5 donation per adult.
Bookings essential by Wednesday 12th May.
Phone Pete & Loz 59838575 or 0418314874
Email lozandpete@hotkey.net.au

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Time for group cruise
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 10:05:14 pm »
Yep, was going to suggest the Werribee run or the drags on at Calder raceway Sat.

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
Time for group cruise
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 10:28:34 pm »
Thirsty pretty handy for you son.;2

Hi Lea,

Would normally be very handy for me.
Eltham Lower Park is also a great meeting spot with plenty of room to park and meet up.

If only my cars were at my house at the moment and not 50klms away!!! :_:_:_

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
Time for group cruise
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 10:55:54 pm »
Learoy,

Sounds like a good venue, maybe go the byo picnic idea, so lets see what the Mustang Gods bring us in the way of weather closer to the end of week :(

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
Time for group cruise
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 10:59:51 pm »
Learoy,

Sounds like a good venue, maybe go the byo picnic idea, so lets see what the Mustang Gods bring us in the way of weather closer to the end of week :(

In regards to the B24 Restoration - I can't make saturday due to other committments but anyone interested in Aircraft will find this really terrific.

I have been involved with this group when I was with my previous company, we supplied all the fastener hardware + tooling to install.
Most of the components are hand fabricated by the volunteers. And being all metal, most of you fella's that are or have done resto's know what is like to fabricate your own panels. :(