My new motor!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: My new motor!  (Read 6939 times)

Offline Audrey

• Stallion
My new motor!
« on: November 27, 2009, 01:05:08 am »
Hey guys,

Just thought I would share my story...

Found a small engine builder out in Freehold, NJ USA.... (found them on google)... Pro-formance Unlimited

Went over to the states last month to check them out as they had a decent engine package that i was looking at - but thought it be a good idea to suss them out first!

I have ordered a 363 stroker from them - using a Dart 302 4 bolt block.. and I tell you what this motor is coming with all the trimmings!

I have sent the money over for the motor to be built - they do everything in their workshop, including machining and my engine should arrive by airfreight in around 5 weeks time. ($1600USD for air freight to Perth).

So far so good - they say they take a video and photos of the build - and send it over with the motor - so far im pretty impressed with them - obviously I havent gotten my motor yet but fingers crossed everything will be a-ok.

Will keep you posted!

If your interested, the motors they build are all brand new - and are HEAPS cheaper, than what I was quoted here anyway... and not anywhere near the quality of parts ... or HP. The site is: www.proformanceunlimited.com

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
My new motor!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:42:44 am »
Sounds great Audrey.

You should shoot Bumblebee on this forum a U2U about how to avoid/minimize duties and taxes on import.
He imported a Roush crate motor a little while back.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
My new motor!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:00:18 am »
Maaaan.....was I pitchin a tent!!!

I gotta a dilema...I was thinking of selling Eleanor so I can buy one of these engines......but......the problem is I won't have a car to put it in ::

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
My new motor!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 12:39:10 pm »
Been looking into this also as $15k for a engine got the other half a little upset to say the least. Look forward to see how it goes for you.

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
My new motor!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 03:58:30 pm »
How did this one end up?

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
My new motor!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 04:20:34 pm »
Yeh howd it go? Their prices seem pretty good .

Offline rockerfella

• Worked
My new motor!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:25:53 pm »
http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/specs/351c_420hp.html

love that they have a wall with a mustang painted on it to hear the exhaust note through - sounds amazing!

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
My new motor!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 06:02:36 pm »
Be careful Guys!  A close friend of mine recently got scammed by a bloke who won a very prestigious smallblock horsepower competition. Never saw his engine and out to a tune of $16K.;] The bloke scammed heaps of people and got caught but is bankrupt and no one will get anything. :_This Guy came with glowing references that all meant nothing.;x  Also think about warranty. In the end you may save a few bucks by buying overseas but be warned this happens regularly..:*......... If you must, buy from a large company like Summit, Jegs, Roush etc.