yewww winner!!!!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: yewww winner!!!!  (Read 7179 times)

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 07:34:32 pm »
Ryan
Keep the 4th July clear as there is an event at Lakeside Raceway which the Mustang Club is going to.

The word is, there will be a cruise around the track for everybody (how fast I don't know).  Also, the Mustang Club will hire the track for a 15 minute spot when the Mustangs only will be on the track - that's when all hell breaks loose.  Also, some 1/8 mile drag runs will be available

So it sounds like a fun filled day.

wooo hooo  

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 07:39:05 pm »
Originally posted by shelby_mustro
shaun ive already put anoher singlerail box in it... but what hevan was saying I have done the same things to my motor with the Performer manifold, Mild cam, bit of head work 10.2 : 1 compression 325 diff.  the only thing I havent done is my initial timing which I set it at 10 not 16. the next thing is that single rail box my clutch peddle kept wanting to stick to the floor and when I re addjusted it. it was verry hard to pull it in 2nd gear I think the box is a verry big killer on the gear changes.

the mighty demond is a 625 double pumper but I already have a 1 inch spacer plate on it and the diff is not lsd its an open diff with 325 centers

There are two versions of the single rail!
The 6 banger and the V8 which was fitted to 351 clevos in XD's and F150's, I have a spare one which is out of a F150 ambo!

Oh also it sounds like your clutch may be incorrectly sized, mine did that exact thing at the drags once...turned out to be clutch disc was too thick.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline DUNRITE66

• Worked
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:19 pm »
Just got back after a big night at willobank raceway and I finally run a flat 15 down the quater mile tonight not like the 17 I pulled on the last run... But not bad for a 289 windsor. it would be good to see some more mustangers out there on the track would be very intresting what other people can run!  
i havent finished playing yet but my mate has a 66 with a 363 stroker on the bottle and he ran 10.6 without the bottle at 135mph...half track of wheel spin to...no mini tubs either....should be a 9 sec car if he can hook it up and hit the gas to.....got to be a scary ride i say....

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 05:52:05 am »
hevan I just kept addjusting it at the clutch fork till it stoped sticking but now it seems like the clutch isnt going in far enough because the gears crunch a bit and it creeps foward a bit when my foot is pretty much pressed all the way down on the clutch. I put a 6cyl singlerail box in it this time the last one was a v8 one but they looked the same and i seem to still have the same problams I think im just waiting untill i can aford a t5 or somthing better.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 05:53:28 am »
Originally posted by LEE H 69
Ryan
Keep the 4th July clear as there is an even at Lakeside Raceway, which the mustang club is going to,
the word is there will be a cruise around the track for every body ( how fast I don't know ) also the Mustang club will hire the track for
a 15 minute spot when the mustangs only will be on the track that's when all hell breaks loose. and also some 1/8 mile drag runs will be available

so it sounds like a fun filled day ,
wooo hooo  

lee it sounds like a good day out do u have any more info on this event?
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 11:06:50 am »
shaun ive already put anoher singlerail box in it... but what hevan was saying I have done the same things to my motor with the Performer manifold, Mild cam, bit of head work 10.2 : 1 compression 325 diff.  the only thing I havent done is my initial timing which I set it at 10 not 16. the next thing is that single rail box my clutch peddle kept wanting to stick to the floor and when I re addjusted it. it was verry hard to pull it in 2nd gear I think the box is a verry big killer on the gear changes.

the mighty demond is a 625 double pumper but I already have a 1 inch spacer plate on it and the diff is not lsd its an open diff with 325 centers

LSD or locker is what you need, clutch linkage doing that is very common, they way they work is to go over centre which make the clutch liighter to push, make sure it has the return spring and is all adjusted correctly. Have you jetted the carb or did you just bolt it on. Hev ran 16* advance, but every engine is different. Get it tuned correctly, maybe get someone to run it up on some rollers, to the mixture and timing right.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 02:22:16 pm »
what do u mean maybe get someone to run it up on some rollers??? no I just bolted the mighty demond on seems to go fine as it is. also where would you find such a thing like a lsd or locker?
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline olskool

• Worked
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »
what do u mean maybe get someone to run it up on some rollers??? no I just bolted the mighty demond on seems to go fine as it is. also where would you find such a thing like a lsd or locker?

Rollers = Dyno and Carbs are never perfect out of the box, you would be amazed how well it can go after a "good" dyno session
Harley Davidson - The most efficient way to turn fuel into noise without the benefit of horsepower.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 03:49:34 pm »
humm intresting does anyone know where i can go to do that??
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline Roegs

• Stallion
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 06:52:39 pm »
humm intresting does anyone know where i can go to do that??  

I'm keen to hear about good dyno tuning places too.

I spoke to a gentleman (who's name eludes me now) out at Toowoomba when the club cruised out there a few weeks back.  He took his car to BEST Performance at Sumner Park who got his car back with ovalled pistons.  He suggested to me that BEST put the head gaskets on backwards when they did the build up, and that was all that motor wrote.  Of course BEST denied this, so basically it's word against word.

I took my car there for a power run and they seemed ok, mind you I was standing next to the car the whole time.  "Just leave the car with us" isn't part of my Mustang vocabulary.  I'm sure everyone has or has heard of horror stories.

This thread: http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9766 mentions a couple of workshops.  Southside dyno at springwood, and John White Racing (not sure if he does dyno tuning though, anyone shed some light on this?) for the engine side of things.

I'm sure there are more out there.

Cheers Roegs.

Offline paulr

• Worked
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 06:42:30 pm »
Ryan,mob at Nerang and another lot at Labrador do dyno tunes.Can't remember names at moment.Get back with names.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
yewww winner!!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »
thanks paul... lol i think ill be putting my money to a new set of tyres now after that run on sunday the inside edge wore out right down to the metal and these where new tyres id say I need a pretty darn good wheel aliment done now but all up was a good day out we ended up going go carting after all and when to the beach at budrim.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars