Mach 1 here at last!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Mach 1 here at last!  (Read 7233 times)

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 07:59:16 pm »
Great looking ride pedro , i like the black gold plate combo, so shipping went all well? no surprises.
cheers chris.

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 08:33:09 pm »
keys hanging below the california no. plates?hope the shed is locked!!

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 08:48:26 pm »
Shipping went OK for me but not so good for the top quality one owner '65 GTA fastback packed under mine. The customs Neanderthals stood on its front guard to check on mine above and in doing so, dented and scratched the top of the guard.

Very observant jbrucem1 I hung the spare set there so I wouldn’t misplace them and then forgot about them LOL. The garage is locked but the keys are now inside the house.

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 09:03:38 pm »
beautiful car by the way, envious like a lot of others i assume with a car actually in your garage!!!..congratulations

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 10:23:04 pm »
Originally posted by Pedro
The customs Neanderthals stood on its front guard to check on mine above and in doing so, dented and scratched the top of the guard.

Don't blame customs for that damage as they probably had cleared all the cars before landing. It is rare that they are even present for the opening of the container.

AQIS are present, but other than taking a look as the door seal is broken & the doors opened, basically stay outside & watch the cars get unloaded. They check them as they come out.

I would say the workers at the yard or whoever was in charge of the container would know who caused the damage. My guess would be the packers in the US, rather than here.

You guys need to go easy on Customs & AQIS, most are good people to deal with, ones at the yard I use are very efficient & are also car guys, one owning a neat Impala.

Remember they are our only defense in keeping this country free of all the crap that is in the rest of the world.

Only on Friday was I looking at a pile of timber that had been used to crate glass coming from the US & it had mould on it like you would not believe. The AQIS agent explained to me forests in the USA have this bug that causes the mould & this country is free of it. That would have been one expensive quarantine destruction.

Cars can have all sorts of dangerous stuff on them, particularly cars that have been in storage. Another container I saw on Friday, had all sorts of stone carvings from China, the packing was getting the attention it deserved.

We ship a lot of product from China to the US, making sure the crating passes quarantine inspection is always a top priority.

Offline Pedro

• Worked
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 08:03:42 pm »
There was a question raised by customs about one of the cars in the container. They put the container aside on the Monday and opened it on Friday and I was told it was a customs richard cranium who stood on the GTA.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 08:21:11 am »
Originally posted by Pedro
There was a question raised by customs about one of the cars in the container. They put the container aside on the Monday and opened it on Friday and I was told it was a customs richard cranium who stood on the GTA.

"I was told" is hearsay so I would be real careful about stating that here along with your descriptions of them. They do read these forums as they may not only be "car people" but it is a good source of info for them on what is happening.

I have moved heaps of containers & can think of no reason why any Customs guy would want to look inside. If a question, then they Xray the whole box, or inspect as they come out.

Any cars I have had damaged were from the yard workers, which is why I use the yard I do now, small, we know them all & they take care.

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 08:49:57 am »
Peter, you cleaned that engine bay yet , saw heaps of mould yesterday LOL.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline boots

• Stallion
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »
Would be nice then if someone from customs inputed some info to clarify some of the issues/questions that are always popping up. I understand that an individual from customs wont want to put themselves on the line but when there are so many conflicting stories it just becomes frustrating for all concerned.

Offline 70Coupe

• Thoroughbred
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 09:06:32 pm »
Congrats that is beautiful

Offline Pedro

• Worked
Mach 1 here at last!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 11:27:24 pm »
Originally posted by derwin66
Peter, you cleaned that engine bay yet , saw heaps of mould yesterday LOL.

I've had it for a couple of weeks now and the novelty's worn off ... what mould?