mustangs in SA

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: mustangs in SA  (Read 2104 times)

Offline andy65

• Stallion
mustangs in SA
« on: April 20, 2010, 01:11:45 am »
hi am looking for a mustang to buy in the next 2 weeks, am hoping to buy local, but if i cant find what i want for the money i may have to import. so if anyone in SA is looking at selling let me know .....from 65-70 either coupe or fastback, v8 any size ,air con, disk brakes and generally pretty good cond all round
price range up to 30000(is that reasonable?)
thanks in advance  ...  andy

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
mustangs in SA
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:47:45 am »
Andy just be aware  when looking for a car , SA has the toughest rules on left hand drive cars anywhere so if it is a new import & is L/H drive it will need to be stock standard to get through Regency Park. If the car you find has allready been registered here great, no dramas...if it is R/H drive it just needs to be normally roadworthy, modifications are not an issue.... All to often you hear of a person from SA buying some awesome car only to have massive dramas at Regency

Hope this is of value to you.
Ps. We have a club meeting Wednesday night.....often peolpe have or know of cars for sale, come along if wish ( visitors are always welcome ).

Dale  
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline andy65

• Stallion
mustangs in SA
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 01:58:01 pm »
thanks Dale, yeah ive heard a few ppl share their stories of woe trying to get the car through regency, that's why i would prefer to get one local. unfortunately there's not a great pool of cars to look at here for sale.. and i don't really want to just settle for anything.. having said that i do have my eye on one here in SA that i would be happy with, that is already on rego..but im sure there is better out there!  

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
mustangs in SA
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »
andy

I know a few fella's in Adelaide that can help you out the northern side of adelaide

shoot me an email and I will give you there contact details

If you want some out of the US, I have dealt with Regency for many years so I can point you in the right direction of what cars will work for you and stay under your budget

email  matt@shermatt.com