Florida To Perth

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Florida To Perth  (Read 2150 times)

Offline tyroneau

• L Plates
Florida To Perth
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:22:01 pm »
Morning all,

I'm pretty well in the worst position here, everything seems to go from the US West Coast to the AU East Coast.

I'm looking at a car in Florida and would like to get it to Perth. I'm very very new to all of this so any tips would be great.

The car doesn't drive, is that going to be an issue.

Also while I'm here, do you guys think it's worth ordering the interior parts (Seat Covers etc) and having them sent with the car or just waiting for the car to arrive before ordering all of that.

Cheers

Offline Red 66

• Worked
Florida To Perth
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:31:48 pm »

U2U sent

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
Florida To Perth
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:37:14 pm »
What's the car?

1. If you're sure the parts you'll be getting are the right ones for the car etc, I would definitely chuck them in the car before it heads over. They will be cheaper to buy in the U.S. and you don't have to pay shipping.

2. You'll have to check with the shippers on the car not being driveable, I assume they'll charge you extra for the work involved in getting it off/on.

3. Search on here regarding shipping (look in the importing forum) there has been heaps of discussion.

4. Matt (Shermatt) from here deals out of Florida, if he doesn't see this, U2U him or here's his link  http://www.shermatt.com/pages/home/home.html

5. I have a friend who wanted to buy  a Harley in Florida and send it to Perth, if you U2U me with your details or email elanta@iinet.net.au, you may be able to do something together.

6. If you haven't already definitely read up on importing a car on the Customs website, you need a permit before you bring it in, there are traps for aircon cars also. Here: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4371.asp

Good luck, let us know how it all goes.

p.s. I have shipped to Perth, as have others, not that big a deal. And from the East coast U.S. is not that big a deal either, just not as popular.
Rick

Offline tyroneau

• L Plates
Florida To Perth
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:52 pm »
Looks like things are moving in the right direction! Thanks for such quick responses and for the help so far guys!