Require assistance with working out costs involved on some repairs

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Require assistance with working out costs involved on some repairs  (Read 2185 times)

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
Guys just after a budgetry estimate on replacing a vinyl top in a 68 convert and also the air conditioning unit also want to know if it's better to get it done here or in the USA before  I was to bring a car back .

Obviously the car is in the USA now!!....just thought I'd cover off the comedians out there!!

If anyone can assist with this I'd appreciate it. :(

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:30:45 pm »
I'd get it done here - might cost a bit more, but you at least can take it back if not done to your standards.

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:32:44 pm »
Not sure if you are after any of the actual framework, rams, pump etc and I haven't actually replaced one yet however I have recently ordered the following parts (actually in a complete kit) from Mustangs Plus:

171.66      CONVERTIBLE TOP WHITE
72.21        WINDOW CVT REAR PLASTIC
37.36        PAD KIT CONVERTIBLE TOP 65-73
25.46        WELL LINER BLACK CVT BLACK
62.01        BOOT CVT TOP WHITE

It will be delivered in a few weeks time and for under $400.00 (I think that's it summed up) it seemed okay...

Now I don't know how much of a sh1t-fight I am going to have actually installing it - I have read that it can be a "bit difficult" but I am always up for a challenge.
Cheers,
Mike